Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino
US$79
US$72
Hotels.com
US$79
All reviewsrestaurant upstairsevent centersurprised howpuget soundsister casinonice roomeasy accessgrilleqroomyseattle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2013

If you are not a smoker you probably don't want to stay at the Emerald Queen. I had the unfortunate experience of staying there because all the Hilton properties in the area were sold out. $119 a night and my first room was on the second floor which opens to the casino floor. It was a non-smoking room but i am pretty sure it is impossible to keep the smoke off the second floor. I called down after i noticed that my bed sheets were stained and they sent up the housekeeping manager. When she arrived I asked about the smoke and she said she couldn't tell "because I work here". Meaning the entire place reeks of smoke so she couldn't even tell anymore. She offered to get me another room which was on the 3rd floor and it was much better but I still noticed the smoke smell the entire time I was there. I had a drink on the 4th floor restaurant bar and the bartender was extremely friendly. The rest of the staff I interacted with was not so friendly, checking out not even a smile from the front desk person. I checked out and plan to stay at Hotel Murano tonight.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The title of this review pretty much says it all. I live close to this hotel and decided to take my wife for a weekend getaway; where I thought we could see a show, gamble and have an escape in the local area.

I was unpleasantly surprised when I first entered the building due to the overwhelming smoke and underwhelming filtration/ventilation system that this hotel/casino offers. I wish that I could say that it got better from there because we kept a positive attitude with hopes of a good night. It, however, got worse.

Our room was out of date with old furniture and electronics. It had a...dingy appearance and we felt it needed a deep cleaning. The room was very loud due to thin walls and and a very loud hallway outside of it. Lighting was not working at the entrance of the room and insufficient in the other parts. Our shower was a handicap shower that was a cheap plastic insert, however, the water pressure and temperature were very good. The safe said "low battery" but still worked.

The casino in the hotel property (there are actually two properties of the EQC) had no table games. We walked around and were able to make out a lot of penny slots thru the billowing smoke. We sat at one and played $50 and never saw a cocktail waitress (but there are many "self-service" cocktail walk-ups that you pay for drinks at.)

We were told at the front desk when we checked-in to take the 6 o'clock courtesy shuttle to the other property to avoid the night's concert rush. We, however, we told very bluntly by the 6 o'clock shuttle driver that he would not take only two people because "it's not worth it". I went in to address this issue at the front desk and was told "I don't know, go talk to the security manager". I did, and this "manager" suggested I take a cab (which I did at my own expense). No one seemed to really care.

The Fife property did offer a non-smoking section that was,...less smokey. I played several hundreds of dollars at the blackjack table but was comped no drinks.

We returned to our loud and dirty room for a fitful night's sleep only to wake up only a few hours later and decide to just go home.

Bottom-line: Don't waste a single moment or even worse a single penny at this property. I know I won't again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013

PLease don't bother with this place its dirty and outdated, the casino was so smokey ,I felt like I had to burn my clothes because of poor ventilation' and I felt sick because of the smoke 'which you have to walk through to get to the nonsmoking section,what a disappointment this place is ,and the slots were so tight ,I had just got back from reno a while back and stayed at the pepper mill hotel and casino it was like night and day compared to this place ,I would never recommend going to it and will not go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chuck m
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel/casino is clean and the staff friiendly. Lots of security around. We stayed to attend two concerts at their other casino property. (there is a room discount for concert goers) The hotel offers free shuttle service to both properties which is wonderful. There are a variety of places to eat that are open late. A small market is within walking distance. But ladies, don't forget your mascara like I did. There is none to be found in the town of Fife. We are not gamblers so basically walked through the casinos to get to our destination.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Molli H
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We have visited this casino before and so the stay there was a sentimental one. Unfortunately as we entered the door, we were hit with the smoke from the casino and it was quite overwhelming. We proceeded up to our room. The room was a standard hotel room. It was nice and clean and well furnished. We were unable to access the internet from our room. The staff were very helpful in trying to fix the problem but it was not resolved during our stay. They didn't offer to place us in a different room but told us it was a problem with our computers and not their system. We had been on a trip and had stayed at several hotels and did not have a problem anywhere else so felt that it was not our laptops but didn't argue. We just did without internet for the night which was unfortunate because we had work to do.

There were signs posted letting guests know that drinks were not to leave hotel rooms. However, it did not say anywhere that you could not bring in outside food. We ordered a pizza to be delivered and it never got up to our room. It was turned away by security without even the courtesy of a phone call to let us know that we would not be getting it or to let us come to the lobby to pick it up. We then went out for fast food and were confronted by the security guard when we returned with it. He wanted to know what we were doing with the food.

I am sure it is a great casino and I realize that most of the guests in the hotel portion are casino guests too, but it was very unfriendly to those of us just staying in the hotel. We left there smelling like cigarette smoke and not feeling very happy about our stay. We will not refer our friends to this hotel and will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple