“Needs an update.”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fife
Victoria
“Needs an update.”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We spent one night in the Motel 6 in Fife. The bathroom only had a shower and the stall looked very old, stained, chipped. So did the sink. The towels and sheets were thin. I had to remove the bedspread as the colours of it were hurting my eyes.Good points, the area felt safe, and it was quiet. We paid $90 plus tax for the room, and the next night we paid $120 for a very nice place that included breakfast and an 18 hole putting course. So didn't see that Motel 6 even had much value for $$. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank woodyinVictoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
BC
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Booked online but had never stayed at this particular Motel6 before. Apprehensive about the location, as I had heard many things about Tacoma.

Easy to find. Just of I-5 at 54th. Wish they had the sign lite. That would have made it easier to find in the dark.

Front staff friendly and very helpful. Room was average to above average (motel6 corporate average) Nice, clean and warm. Area and parking well-lite, felt safe. Only wished I could have parked my vehicle closer and in sight of my room.

Of all the various Motel6 motels I have stayed at in the Puget Sound area, this one was one of the better ones.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I am delighted to say that this is, without question, the best Motel 6 I have stayed in yet. The staff were very accommodating throughout my extended stay. I am a professional and work as a 'traveler' (meaning I live in another city and need accommodations) and scheduled on the overnight shift. I sleep during the day which is when housekeeping does the bulk of their work. This crew was awesome in working with me to both keep the room clean and fresh and allow me to get sleep during the time period I needed to. They were always professional and polite, efficient and exceptional, even when I was not at my best.

I now have an apartment in the area and just had family come in from out of town. I had them stay at the Fife Motel 6 too.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Oregon
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Brought a large truck and trailer with us and there was plenty of room to park. Smaller rooms but was nice. Noisy neighbors just call the desk and they will take care of it. We spent 2 weekends there and will be back. Just make sure you get a conformation number emailed so when the rates change you get the original rate.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
New Orleans
Reviewed 4 August 2006

Stayed one night early July, 06. Walked in from the resturant next door - by the way a great place to eat (Johnny's at Fife) and got a room for a night. Room was small but very clean and the TV worked. Pool seemed to please the kids next door - they were in it for hours. Nice people at the desk. It is a Motel 6 not the Ritz-Carlton and it was $50 a night not $250. If all you want is a clean, safe place to sleep this is it.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank skiper2
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 28 June 2006

If you're just looking for a place to stay for the night, Motel 6 is a good place. Rooms were clean and service was decent. Conveniently located right off the 5 freeway but don't miss your exit when you're going north or else you'll be driving for a WHILE before you can turn around... All in all a decent stay for a decent price.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank mahndoo
North Idaho
Reviewed 13 May 2006

We stayed there because we had a big group going to the tacoma dome for a concert. We chose motel 6 for location and price. I guess you get what u pay for here. It was a clean room, i liked that the most. I didn't feel grossed out. The doors to the rooms go to the outside. Lots of air and light coming thru the doors. Must be horrible in the winter! It is noisy when someone comes in late, but we also were noisy when everyone got back from the concert,, so not sure I should complain. The worst part came for me, when we needed help,, My sister asked the front desk in the morning if she could have a couple extra towels,, they said no, they were all out,, then she asked if they had a laundry type bag for her dirty clothes, even a garbage bag,, she was told no, they don't have anything. Then we loaded up and when i went to start my car, my car battery was dead. So I went to the front desk and asked if they had jumper cables or a maintence guy that could help. They said no, we all ride the bus. I asked if there was someone i could call,, again told no. I went to the gas stations next to the motel,, still no help from anyone,, but finally got a phone number for someone to call for 50.00 a jump. I asked if there was a store my sister could drive me to so I could buy cables for cheaper than that. They told me none nearby. As a matter a fact, this town has nothing but gas station stores and motels. We had a really hard time just finding somewhere to buy shampoo, because of course Motel 6 doesn't give you any,, all you get is a small bar soap, and 2 towels. I finally went to a volvo car lot,, and the nice man, only one in town as far as I'm concerned loaned me a jumper.

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank cadalotra

Travellers are raving about these Fife hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fife
Quality Inn & Suites
Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle

Been to Motel 6 Tacoma - Fife? Share your experiences!