“Not the greatest Motel 6”

Motel 6 Tacoma - Fife
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Fife
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I've stayed in a lot of Motel 6s - and for the most part if you just need a place to rest your head that's a good deal they are great. But I wouldn't really recommend this one. It was clean enough, and they had added a mattress cushion top which made the bed comfy. The late night staff was friendly and helpful - and they had some very pretty roses and flowers out front of the office.

But: It just had a run down feeling - things were chipping off or broken, the shower head wouldn't stay up, etc. We had a queen bed that was forced awkwardly along with a round table into a room that was meant for 2 twins. Again, the room was clean, but all the little things wrong with it kind of gave it a grungy gross feeling.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 September 2011

I read some reviews and thought this looked like it could be a decent yet inexpensive place to stay 1 night before flying home. The room (115) smelled gross, looked gross, and was gross. The staff, against all odds, was very friendly and helpful -> that was the only redeeming aspect. The management needs to recognize A) they have great staff and B) their accommodations are filthy.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CHILLTICOTO
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Easy to find off of I-5. I just needed a place to play in a billiards tournament in Tacoma on the cheap, and it served its purpose.

Pros:
Paid a great price with a CP# discount, even on the weekend. There is a heated pool, but I didn't get to use it as it was full each day (it's a cheap babysitter apparently). The bed was decent. Friendly front desk staff (Rose was great upon check-in and very helpful).

Cons:
No shampoo nor conditioner. Most places offer these basic travel needs, but this place doesn't. If they are trying to cut costs, at least have some travel sized bottles to purchase at the front desk or in a vending machine! Some real nasty stuff on the shelf by the bathroom. I'm not sure what it was, but at least it was out of the way. The shower was made for midgets (shower head comes out below my chin, but granted I'm 6'4"), and it had very poor water pressure. Oooh "First World Problems" I know. Unattended children in the pool make the rooms very noisy in the evening, despite the fact the pool is supposed to close at 9pm. Lots of car traffic noise, coupled with yelling, screaming, whistling, and other rowdy behavoir in the parking lot (3 straight nights of it) and the walls aren't very noise insulated. The wifi is spotty, but calling the national Motel 6 tech line did help (he bounced the router). If you do happen to call, don't say you are in the Fife Motel 6, they won't be able to find it. Give them the ZIP code and just say Tacoma.

There seems to be some shady characters at night in the area, but I felt safe, more that I was just annoyed. All in all, it's an OK place to crash on the cheap, and not too far from Tacoma.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank MinnesotaMatts A
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Clean, good beds, heated pool, friendly and efficient staff. We like the basic rooms and price of Motel 6 as we are out hiking all day and don't want a 'spa atmosphere'.
Downside-small, old TV's and the constantly annoying policy of the Motel 6 chain to 'nickel and dime' by charging $3/day for Wi-Fi and Micro-fridges. What's next?-charge for ice, beds, electricity.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We spent one night in the Motel 6 in Fife. The bathroom only had a shower and the stall looked very old, stained, chipped. So did the sink. The towels and sheets were thin. I had to remove the bedspread as the colours of it were hurting my eyes.Good points, the area felt safe, and it was quiet. We paid $90 plus tax for the room, and the next night we paid $120 for a very nice place that included breakfast and an 18 hole putting course. So didn't see that Motel 6 even had much value for $$. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank woodyinVictoria
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Booked online but had never stayed at this particular Motel6 before. Apprehensive about the location, as I had heard many things about Tacoma.

Easy to find. Just of I-5 at 54th. Wish they had the sign lite. That would have made it easier to find in the dark.

Front staff friendly and very helpful. Room was average to above average (motel6 corporate average) Nice, clean and warm. Area and parking well-lite, felt safe. Only wished I could have parked my vehicle closer and in sight of my room.

Of all the various Motel6 motels I have stayed at in the Puget Sound area, this one was one of the better ones.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I am delighted to say that this is, without question, the best Motel 6 I have stayed in yet. The staff were very accommodating throughout my extended stay. I am a professional and work as a 'traveler' (meaning I live in another city and need accommodations) and scheduled on the overnight shift. I sleep during the day which is when housekeeping does the bulk of their work. This crew was awesome in working with me to both keep the room clean and fresh and allow me to get sleep during the time period I needed to. They were always professional and polite, efficient and exceptional, even when I was not at my best.

I now have an apartment in the area and just had family come in from out of town. I had them stay at the Fife Motel 6 too.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fife
Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife
Hotel Murano
Hotel Murano
#2 of 27 in Tacoma
Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino

Been to Motel 6 Tacoma - Fife? Share your experiences!