“Best Motel 6 I've stayed in!”

Motel 6 Tacoma - Fife
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Fife
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Booked online but had never stayed at this particular Motel6 before. Apprehensive about the location, as I had heard many things about Tacoma.

Easy to find. Just of I-5 at 54th. Wish they had the sign lite. That would have made it easier to find in the dark.

Front staff friendly and very helpful. Room was average to above average (motel6 corporate average) Nice, clean and warm. Area and parking well-lite, felt safe. Only wished I could have parked my vehicle closer and in sight of my room.

Of all the various Motel6 motels I have stayed at in the Puget Sound area, this one was one of the better ones.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 December 2010

I am delighted to say that this is, without question, the best Motel 6 I have stayed in yet. The staff were very accommodating throughout my extended stay. I am a professional and work as a 'traveler' (meaning I live in another city and need accommodations) and scheduled on the overnight shift. I sleep during the day which is when housekeeping does the bulk of their work. This crew was awesome in working with me to both keep the room clean and fresh and allow me to get sleep during the time period I needed to. They were always professional and polite, efficient and exceptional, even when I was not at my best.

I now have an apartment in the area and just had family come in from out of town. I had them stay at the Fife Motel 6 too.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Brought a large truck and trailer with us and there was plenty of room to park. Smaller rooms but was nice. Noisy neighbors just call the desk and they will take care of it. We spent 2 weekends there and will be back. Just make sure you get a conformation number emailed so when the rates change you get the original rate.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2006

Stayed one night early July, 06. Walked in from the resturant next door - by the way a great place to eat (Johnny's at Fife) and got a room for a night. Room was small but very clean and the TV worked. Pool seemed to please the kids next door - they were in it for hours. Nice people at the desk. It is a Motel 6 not the Ritz-Carlton and it was $50 a night not $250. If all you want is a clean, safe place to sleep this is it.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank skiper2
Reviewed 28 June 2006

If you're just looking for a place to stay for the night, Motel 6 is a good place. Rooms were clean and service was decent. Conveniently located right off the 5 freeway but don't miss your exit when you're going north or else you'll be driving for a WHILE before you can turn around... All in all a decent stay for a decent price.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank mahndoo
Reviewed 13 May 2006

We stayed there because we had a big group going to the tacoma dome for a concert. We chose motel 6 for location and price. I guess you get what u pay for here. It was a clean room, i liked that the most. I didn't feel grossed out. The doors to the rooms go to the outside. Lots of air and light coming thru the doors. Must be horrible in the winter! It is noisy when someone comes in late, but we also were noisy when everyone got back from the concert,, so not sure I should complain. The worst part came for me, when we needed help,, My sister asked the front desk in the morning if she could have a couple extra towels,, they said no, they were all out,, then she asked if they had a laundry type bag for her dirty clothes, even a garbage bag,, she was told no, they don't have anything. Then we loaded up and when i went to start my car, my car battery was dead. So I went to the front desk and asked if they had jumper cables or a maintence guy that could help. They said no, we all ride the bus. I asked if there was someone i could call,, again told no. I went to the gas stations next to the motel,, still no help from anyone,, but finally got a phone number for someone to call for 50.00 a jump. I asked if there was a store my sister could drive me to so I could buy cables for cheaper than that. They told me none nearby. As a matter a fact, this town has nothing but gas station stores and motels. We had a really hard time just finding somewhere to buy shampoo, because of course Motel 6 doesn't give you any,, all you get is a small bar soap, and 2 towels. I finally went to a volvo car lot,, and the nice man, only one in town as far as I'm concerned loaned me a jumper.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank cadalotra
Reviewed 26 May 2005

Horrible, noisy, run down, dirty, reserved non-smoking, but got a smoking room. Paper thin walls. Anywhere else including a cardboard box in the alley would be an improvement. Now I just stay at Sleep Inns!

• Stayed: June 2003, travelled on business
1  Thank jazz99Spokane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fife
Extended Stay America - Tacoma - Fife
Hotel Murano
Hotel Murano
#2 of 27 in Tacoma
Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino

Been to Motel 6 Tacoma - Fife? Share your experiences!