“Pretty good for what it is”
Review of Forks Motel

Forks Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Forks
New York City, New York
“Pretty good for what it is”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The cost is a lot cheaper than staying at the lodges in Olympic - of course you don't get the awesome lakeside views but we enjoyed the flexibility this place afforded us on our 2-day whirlwind exploration of Olympic National Park. No frills, pretty clean and comfortable/quiet for our stopover. We visited the coastal points in Olympic during the day (Ruby, Rialto) and Forks is in a good location for a stop. There is a great diner right across the street to grab some breakfast the next day.

Room Tip: Pay up a little for the premium rooms which have bigger King beds for just $5-$10 more.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Spent one night here on our trip around the Olympic National Park.
Points:
Pros:
Conveniently located along highway 101, quiet setting and good customer service.

Cons: stayed at 2 queen bed room and I must say its tiny, though the room is equipped with tv, minifridge, tiny coffee maker and microwave.

There's really not much in a small town of Forks so don't expect too much stuff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Aqua16_itravel
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was a very average motel. There are not a lot of choices on this part of the Olympic Peninsula, and the price reflects that. I paid almost $90/night expecting a pretty decent hotel at that price for such a small town. What I got was more like Motel 6 level quality. Dated rooms that were cheap even when they were new. Generic comforters straight out of the early 90's, reasonably comfortable bed, though nothing special. Standard tube tv's. Actual keys instead of key cards. There was a sink and mini fridge which were convenient.
The room was clean and well kept, and the staff was friendly. The location is decent, right in the middle of town with a short jaunt to the grocery store and a couple of restaurants.
Next time I visit the area I will try to find something else for the price to see if I can step up a bit. It's clean and decent, but not worth as much as I paid. I think about $55-65/night would be more suitable for this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris W
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Its a very small town and has very few number of hotel. Its a ok ok Motel. Room is ok, it was clean. Internet was not working at all and when we complained nothing happened. its ok for one night as its really hard to get hotel in this town in peak season.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anjani V
Montana
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were planning to stay across the street at the Pacific Inn, but at check-in the front desk staff was so rude, we left. Our first night at the Forks Motel, we had to take a larger room than we needed because it was all they had left. The staff was friendly and helpful, though, and made us and our two (very well behaved) dogs feel very welcome. The second night we were going to change to a smaller (and cheaper) room, but they let us keep our room at the lower price rather than make us drag our belongings out into the rain. The hotel was quiet other than some fisherman who left before around 6 a.m. Turning the fan on the heater unit blocked the sound completely. The bathroom is immaculate, one of the cleanest we've ever seen (and we own a cleaning company). Hot water is endless. There were plenty of clean towels and there are paper towels outside for you to use for your windshield or to clean fishing gear. The TV is HUGE with a ton of satellite channels and WiFi is super fast with not a single issue (I'm using it right now!). I have to wonder if some of the negative reviews on here have confused this hotel with the TOWN Motel (which is the cheapest in town). Someone mentioned asking for a pillow, which seems unlikely here as there are even EXTRA pillows in the closet area. We have everything we need -- fridge, microwave, comfortable beds, toiletries, etc. . . The rooms at the Forks Motel are clean, modern and updated. We come here for 2 weeks every year (to fish) and we still definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank gypsynw
Lubbock
Reviewed 17 February 2014

stay at your own risk! drove from Texas and that was the worst Motel I've ever been in. 15 minutes on the computer is all you get and they were rude about it! I asked her to the pillow and and they took down all my information on a separate piece of paper like I was going to steal it! I've just never been treated so badly before! I left after 3 hours of staying there! and make it found a can of Copenhagen on the floor that's how clean is this!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Paighton

Travellers are raving about these Forks hotels

Snohomish
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for over 40 years and the only change is the shower curtain. When I checked in and out it was like an imposition for the lady to help me, VARY RUDE!!!
The heater/AC unit was vary loud, like having a bunch of electric mixers on high.
The people next door were vary loud in their room all night and smoked on their porch and it drifted into our room.
They were painting the out side while the wind was blowing, hope I don't have any paint on my car?? I think they are using part of the motel for monthly leasing, not the most desirable.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, the one across the street is much better from what I found out after check out.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Granny109
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
Misty Valley Inn B&B
Misty Valley Inn B&B
#1 of 11 in Forks

Been to Forks Motel? Share your experiences!