“Tasty chinese food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We visited this restaurant based on many good reviews online. We liked it very much. The waitress was very courteous. The "combination D" tastes really good. The ambience was pretty good too.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Very low food level. The chicken sweet and sour was served with something like a jelly and the chicken was very chewy. The price for the quality of this food is defenitly to high.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

I came here with a party of 8. We waited over 20 minutes just to get our order taken. The restaurant was not busy. There were 5 regular sized parties besides my group. Once the order was taken the food came out fairly quickly. The wait staff was slow, but very friendly. I only ordered their letter 'D' dinner combo and a plate of Singapore Fried Rice Noodle. The portions were good, but they were both $12 dishes! These were some of the cheaper items on the menu. I don't know how any of the locals can afford to eat there regularly. After all was said and done, we were charged a 15% gratuity on the bill. The thing is, we spilt our bill since it was 2 separate families and our bills were 2 different totals. Even though my bill was more expensive then the other families, our "15%" was the same as their "15%" even though the bills had different totals. I did the math and they actually charged me 17% gratuity and the other family 19% gratuity even though the bill very clearly said 15%. That is not cool! All said and done, I will not return. The food wasn't bad at all, it is just the res of the experience that kills it for me. Oh, I agree with one of the other reviewers, the curry is very spicy. I ate it, but my wife couldn't take it and that was the only food she had ordered. She walked across the street after and bought a granola bar and a candy bar since the food was too spicy for her.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

My family went here two days in a row for dinner. We had heard the dining choices were limited in Forks and this was recommended. It is cute and simple. We had pastas the first night and pizza the second night. The food isn't anything super spectacular, but it is tasty and you get nough. The people who work there are friendly.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

There was nothing to suggest that the tofu would be deep fried, and seasonal vegetables appeared and tasted to be out of a can. Typically I love curry, but it so overpowered the meal that it was virtually not edible. The kids did not finish their chicken nuggets. My partner had a chicken dish that was tender, but was very salty or seemed to contain too much MSG. Someone had broccoli that came with the dinner, looked like it was nicely cooked, and was reported as good ... seemed like that would have been a good "seasonable vegetable", but was not included in my dinner. We had a large party (20) with reservations and they forgot to designate tables and an area for us - glad business was a bit slow.

Been to South North Gardens? Share your experiences!