“Hit or Miss”

Forks Coffee Shop
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stopped in for breakfast one morning and had a delicious omelette. The waitress was friendly and convivial and kept my coffee refilled. It was moderately busy yet my breakfast was served quickly and it was an overall good choice for breakfast.

I stopped in for dinner the next day and had a very different experience. I opted for a cup of chili. It was ok, but not the best I've had. Of more importance though was the lack of good customer service. The waitress seemed more interested in chatting with fellow employees and completing side-work.

The dinner menu didn't have a lot that appealed to me, which is why I settled on the chili.

So, I probably would go back for breakfast, but I would have reservations about dinner.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The title sums it all up-- if you like greasy spoon diners, you'll like it. If you don't, you won't. We went for breakfast and they had all of the usual egg-centric breakfasts you would expect in a diner. A couple came in after us and asked for tea-- no luck there, it is a straight coffee kind of place. I ordered scrambled eggs with hashbrowns and toast. The toast comes already heavily pre-buttered. The eggs were pretty average scrambled eggs. Would I go again-- no, but then again, greasy spoon diners aren't really my thing.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We ordered omelets and pancakes and were totally not disappointed. The portions are large and the food very tasty. Link sausage that was not mass made at least not like I have seen. Everything tasty and great.

Service was excellent, fast and friendly.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This place seemed to have a loyal local following, but if you are driving through, my recommendation is to drive on. I'm not a food snob, so I wasn't put off by the simple surroundings, but there is nothing to recommend based on our visit. The food was awful, and the service was poor. There's not much in this town, just a coffee kiosk and a couple of small restaurants. I wish we would have tried the more promising restaurant across the street. Instead, we went by tripadvisor ranking and were very disappointed. Read the critical reviews and don't just go by ranking.

1  Thank Hiker_mom29
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff/servers are very nice. I'm not a bacon eater, too salty, but I was encouraged by the server to try the bacon. Wow!!! This bacon is the best I've EVER had. Makes me want to drive to Forks, WA once-a-month for the bacon. Love the pancakes too. The pancakes are HUGE...the cook made a cute pancake for a child, in the shape of Mickey Mouse...too cute. Yup, this is the place for breakfast.

April was such a nice time of year too. Not a lot of crowds. Of course, we were there for the "Twilight" movie/books. Really enjoyed our trip to Forks.

Yup, it's the BACON!!