“Drove through on my way to LaPush - First Beach”

Ranked #3 of 25 things to do in Forks
Type:
More attraction details
Owner description: One of three Native American reservations located on the Olympic Coast.
Seattle
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Drove through on my way to LaPush - First Beach”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

It was a foggy and scenic drive along the long paved roads to the beach. I passed a big sign upon entering the Quileute Indian Reservation which catered to the Twilight theme. "No Vampires Beyond This Point. Treaty Line." I thought that was great! As I continued on my drive I passed Third & Second beaches on my way to First Beach. Gorgeous, although very thick with fog. I couldn't see much of the natural structures off in the distance, but I did enjoy the bounty of driftwood strewn on the beach. Beautiful reservation and beaches to visit. I will visit again and get a better view of the water on all three beaches. A must visit if in the area.

3 Thank Estella N

• Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Geo caching experience”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We specifically went to Forks to do some geo-caching. We saw an awesome cache which was a multi-cache that consisted of visiting over 10 different spots in Forks, the Indian Reservation, and outlying locations. The theme was "Twilight" (of course!) and it was so much fun! We completed the cache and found the final cache which was in the forest and was truly amazing. And so much fun. Forks is very pretty and we really had a great time!
La Push was exactly as you see it in the "Twilight" series (especially the first movie). I think of everything we tried to find that was in the movie, that was the only truly original location. We walked along the beach and laughed at some of the signs we saw that pertained to the "Twilight" movie. For example, when we drove into the reservation, there was a big sign, "No vampires allowed".
The area is truly beautiful and I would recommend a drive around the area for anyone who is looking for forests to meet ocean!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank hummin4u
Richland, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful hidden slice of Washington!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I love this area of the state. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I am so blessed to have been able to visit and see all of the beauty that La Push has to offer.

Visited June 2013
Richmond, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Was on our tour”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The beach is an amazing view and a must see for vistors. The little reservation is quite and reminds you of the story line straight from Twilight as Stephanie Meyer's saw it.

Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beautiful beach and trails”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

There's a beautiful beach and we also found a place to buy local smoked salmon. There's no much in the way of dining.