“For "Forks" - likely best you'll find!”

Huckleberry Lodge Cabins
Ranked #5 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My review is 5 stars, based on all of the options available through the Forks area - I'll get that out there right off the bat! You are in the middle of nowhere.... truly... but for what its worth - the Huckleberry Lodge is quite nice. We stayed in "Cabin #2", and it was nice. The beds were some sort of memory foam, which although I am not a big fan, I'm sure some people love. They also had the curved memory foam pillows, and lots of them. The supposedly have wi-fi, which our phones did not detect in the slightest. Same with a "hot-tub", which we didn't venture to look for. We did see a small sheltered area for fish cleaning and grilling. The water pressure was awesome, albeit a very small shower (no shower romance here, lovers!) and my husband and I loved the fact that we literally didn't have to deal with ANYONE.
Well, I take that back - as soon as we arrived we had a couple mormon missionaries knock on our door asking if we knew the truth about Jesus Christ (I WISH I was kidding about this!! At a lodge??)
Other than that strangeness: we showed up, parked, walked in the cabin, signed our receipts, and didn't see another soul until the next day - a cleaning girl, as we were leaving.
There are some quirky little things about this place (in addition to the missionaries) - there is a "sound machine" from homedics (which we thought was a bit odd) although our lovely chirping-cricket option did turn off by itself after a couple hours. There is also a stuffed mountain cat that has some interesting "mood lighting" on it (literally a switch just to turn this on) but they have a little kitchenette with pans, silverware, glasses; a stove, and a decent sized fridge & freezer.
Bottom line: unless you insist on throwing your cash at the overpriced lodges, this place is worth every penny. Forks is a great distance when traveling from Seattle, too.

Room Tip: Nothing super fancy, but all the comforts (if not MORE) than the overpriced lodges. And you don'...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Messaj

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The lodges were very nice and very well priced. Just off the beaten path, but too far.

Had a nice covered huge covered gazebo with a fire pit. I roasted Pork Chops there one nice.

Really nice. And the best part...NO VAMPIRE THEMES! So nice.

We were pretty independent during our stay. Made reservations by phone, keys were on the table when we arrived.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I am a procrastinator...but I have always wanted to write a review for Huckleberry Lodge. I came to vist my younger brother from North Bend, WA. I am from Phoenix, Arizona and really wanted to explore the Olympic Penisula. We stayed in Cabin 1 over Labor Day 2010. Absolutely loved the cabin and the decor. Cozy... It was so much nicer than a standard hotel. Peaceful location just as you drive into the small city of Forks. One the owners was by the cooking firepit area one night and my brother had a nice chat with him. There are some truly breathtaking beaches to see and hike to. The old growth forest is beautiful, a nature lovers paradise. Also check out the Makah Museum on your drive to the cabin and hike the northern most trail of the West Coast US on the Makah Reservation. No too hard of a hike... out standing views!!! Also the lady I taked with for the reservation was so sweet and helpful in answering all my questions about the area. I would love to stay at the cabin again someday and stay longer...a week+... this is a area still so untouched by man (civilzation) My kind place!

Room Tip: Loved cabin #1, but all the cabins were excellent!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Helene F
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Beautiful cabin located in a very quiet setting. We rented cabin #2 for one night on a trip around the peninsula. The cabin contained all the cooking utensils we needed to cook supper. The cabin was nicely decorated, clean and quiet. We never saw the owners but the key and contract were on the table with contact numbers if we needed anything. Had Direct TV which took some time to figure out how to operate. It would be nice to have some directions for those of us who are not familiar with Direct TV.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We rented cabin #2 for one night in Sept. After reading all the reviews, I knew on arrival to just go to the cabin we had reserved. The door was unlocked with the receipt on the table. It was different not having contact with anyone, although there were phone numbers in the cabin to call someone. We cooked our dinner and breakfast in the cabin and everything was adequate. The cabin was decorated nicely and clean. Fortunately we had quiet neighbors in cabin #1 which shares a wall. I am giving this a 4 because of no personal contact.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed 2 nights in cabin 1 in the middle of July. It was reasonably priced, very centrally located to both the beaches and the rainforest and that is why we chose this place. We enjoyed coming back at night and using the outdoor grills to cook instead of eating out. We had to buy foil to cover the grill because they weren't clean. They had hillbilly golf so we took advantage of that and played a few games. Our room was very clean besides the neglect of cobwebs in the high ceiling corners of the bathroom. There is an antler chandelier and deer head on the wall. My husband is a hunter so that doesn't bother me. I found that most people it bothers is the people that believe that their food should come from a grocery store. We had 2 beds, table and chairs, refrigerator, microwave, closet area and bathroom with shower no tub. Not to mention, chairs on the shared porch. This is where the hate comes in, shared porch means another room/cabin attached by a very thin wall. The 1st night we litteraly had to knock on the wall as we were trying to sleep to shut the people up next door. We couldn't hear them talking but it sounded like they were rearranging the whole room and dragging furniture across the floor. It's not like we were going to bed super early. It was around 11PM but we wanted to be up for 720AM low tide on 2nd beach which by the way is a don't miss. All in all, I would stay here again and get a cabin without a shared wall if possible or hope for the best of respectable neighbors. We enjoyed our stay to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mudballer
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was looking for two nights in July last minute. When I looked to book the room, it seemed that I would need to be in two different cabins. I don't remember her name but the clerk did some checking and was able to do some switching. For this, I am thankful. After exploring all day, it was nice to go back to a clean, comfortable and quiet room. The staff was great and could not have been more helpful. I travel a lot and I was impressed by their helpfulness. I've been meaning to write a review and these ladies deserve an excellent! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
The Pacific Inn Motel
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Dew Drop Inn Motel

Been to Huckleberry Lodge Cabins? Share your experiences!