“Very nice B&B”

Ranked #4 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Cape Cod
“Very nice B&B”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This B&B is very quaint. We were greeted warmly upon arrival and given a tour of the common areas. There is an old-fashioned parlor for common use and a selection of games and DVDs to use. Our room was comfortable and cozy save for the shower being within the same four walls as the bedroom (we are not fans of this arrangement) hence the "average" rating. The breakfast was very good in a cozy, warm setting. Our breakfast host was very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ljcapecod
Char47, Owner at Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
We are pleased that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. At the Miller Tree Inn, we offer a variety of accommodations to try to satisfy the needs of all our guests, including those on a strict budget. Our 8 rooms vary widely in price and amenities.
Minnie is our smallest room, with a queen bed, TV/DVD player and private bath with sink, toilet & shower. The shower door opens to a toweling area with a counter top and vinyl floor, adjoining the tiny bedroom. Unlike our 7 other rooms, there is no door between this toweling area and the bedroom.
The rate for Minnie is less than for the other rooms, but as the review mentions, it still includes a hearty breakfast, all-day cookie jar, hot & cold soft drinks, and use of our three common rooms with piano, games, puzzles and books.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My husband & I and our two daughters stayed here while visiting Forks, and we just fell in love with it. Our two nights with Bill & Susan were wonderful, the breakfasts were delicious and beautifully presented, and our room was very spacious and clean. We stayed in Ella's Suite on the ground floor which had a king bed and a double fold out bed that were both so comfortable. Both rooms had nice televisions with a dvd player in the king room, along with all of the Twilight movies and books which we loved since we came to Forks for the whole Twilight experience. If you are a Twilight fan, they have a room upstairs that is Dr. Cullen's office and have the graduation cap display and all of the movie musical scores on the piano in the main living room. They really make you feel like you are staying with the Cullens! Even if you are not a Twilight fan, you will still love this inn for its beauty and tranquility. Bill & Susan are so nice and very helpful with answering questions about the area and giving advice on places to visit. It was a wonderful weekend for our family, and staying here really added something unique and special to our Forks vacation.

Room Tip: Ella's Suite is the only room on the ground floor and has its own entrance. The others are all...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lsupatty
Char47, Owner at Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
We do get great satisfaction from the positive reviews of our guests. The feedback lets us know that we are meeting or exceeding their expectations, whether they are here for "Twilight", Olympic National Park or fishing. It is our goal to make sure that our guests feel welcome, comfortable, and well fed.
One thing we would like to point out is that there are actually 2 guest rooms on the ground floor with private entrances. Besides Ella's Suite mentioned in this review, we also have the Orchard Suite, which has a kitchenette. It is the only room in which we allow children under the age of 7 and pets.
Five of our guest rooms and a quiet common area, known as Carlisle's Office, are on the second floor and our Weathervane room is on the third floor. Also on the ground floor are two common areas for reading, relaxing, socializing or playing games, as well as our breakfast and snack areas.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Whether you are a Twilight fan or not, you will certainly enjoy your stay here. What a beautiful place, inside and out. So clean and comfortable too. They have microfiber sheets on every bed. I had never felt sheets so soft and smooth. I almost bought some from them before we left (they actually did have them for sale!) The owners are so very friendly. We felt as if we were staying and the home of a friend or family member. The breakfasts were very tasty and beautifully presented each morning. There are refrigerators with lots of complimentary beverages in every room. The little details throughout the rooms and the entire home added to our wonderful experience. They truly enjoyed having us there and it showed. My husband and I did originally come to Forks for a Twilight experience; however, it's very true what they say, "Come for Twilight, stay for Forks." We just thought people were being silly when they said that but it is 100% true. We are so thrilled to have found a vacation spot this perfect. The locals are incredibly friendly and the natural beauty in and around Forks is phenomenal. We can't wait to go back and bring our children. We just know they'll love it as much as we did :)

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have windows that are facing east and not covered enough to keep all sunlight out...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alicia P
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at Miller Tree Inn for the Stephene Meyer weekend and I thought it was great from a Twilight perspective. The owners were very friendly and went out of their way to help us find local attractions like the gym and tide pools. Breakfast was great the whole weekend and they made dietary accomodations without a problem.

The front door stays locked which I liked because it made me feel more secure with the town being so busy for the weekend.

The sunset room was as described and fit well for my friend and I. There is really no place to "lounge" in the room except the bed but when I am on vacation I am NOT in my room except at the end of the day to unwind. Being there for Twilight I loved the fact that they had the DVD's and the complete book series in the room for us. The tub is jetted which was a suprise and they leave a little basket of bubble bath and homemade soaps. There is no closet, but I live out of my suitcase while on vacation so this didn't really bother me. There is a spot in the bathroom to hang clothes if you need to. The bathroom is separated into two rooms with a toilet and sink in one and a tub in the other. This obviously was done as a retrofit to make a full bathroom (hence, no closet) but worked out really well for my friend and I. While one was showering the other was still able to use the bathroom and get ready - maybe not a big deal for some but it worked out well to keep some privacy for two friends on a "girls weekend". I would not try to fit more than two people in the room, it fits two and that is all.

The inn keepers always have snacks, coffee, tea and hot cider out and available for you whenever you like. It was nice to come back between adventures and relax with some tea and cookies. The inn was very quite, really felt homey and nice. They have really cool handmade coffee mugs that you can buy (I did) that come with a lid to keep your drink hot.

My first time staying at a B&B and I am already planning my second trip back next year. This time a little longer so I can enjoy!

Room Tip: make sure you follow size recommendations set by innkeepers. If in doubt call and talk to them, I d...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pamela H
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This trip was a surprise for my 16 year old daughter's birthday. We really enjoyed the two nights we spent in the Minnie Room. It was our first time ever staying at a bed and breakfast. Breakfasts were delicious and the owners were very hospitable. We could see an elk herd from the window of the parlor. If you're a Twilight fan, I also recommend the Team Forks tour that includes a trip to the beach at LaPush and lots of fun photo opportunities. This trip was a lot of fun for both me, and my daughter. The Hoh Rainforest in Olympic National Park is only a 20 minute drive away and well worth the time even if only for a drive through tour. The Golden Gate Chineese restaurant in town is very good. We also enjoyed the sandwich counter at the local Forks Outfitters Thriftway grocery store. Rather than rent a car and drive from Seattle, we took the Olympic Bus Lines Dungeness Line (about a 4 hour trip to Port Angeles). Be sure you have a credit card if you use the Budget Car Rental.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TCS90
Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I wanted to the Twilight Exp in Forks and we found this place online. The Clover room was amazing. It was immaculate and spacious and the house was SO so quiet. The hosts were beyond friendly and answered all of our questions and they even took some photos for us before we left. Breakfast was great!

Room Tip: Country Clover is the best room ever!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I spent two nights at this lovely bed and breakfast. I came to Forks to see some of the locations described in the Twilight books, I fell in love with the beauty of this small community. I would hands down say that this is the best place to stay in Forks. The first night was spent in the Sunset Room while the second night was in the Cedar Room. Both rooms were lovely but the Cedar Room was larger and had the most magnificent view. Breakfast both mornings was delicious, and I truly appreciated the hospitality of the innkeepers. Bill, the owner even offered to drive my friend and I to the bus stop, seeing that we had taken public transportation to Forks. The hospitality was incredible. For Twilight fans they have a tv and dvd player with all of the Twi movies, they have recreated Dr. Carlisle Cullen's office (stunning), and other Twi things here and there. You do not need to be a Twilight fan to stay here. After I came home from holidays I told my husband that he should go to Forks with me next year so that we can stay at the Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast.
Loved it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank radar1230
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
The Dew Drop Inn Motel
Misty Valley Inn B&B
Misty Valley Inn B&B
#1 of 11 in Forks

Been to Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!