“This is a gem of a place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Fishermans Widow Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Angie and Wayne (and Panda) made us feel very welcomed in their home. The breakfasts were delicious, and the beds were comfortable. The setting, on the Sol Duc River is peaceful. I highly recomend staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rivers edge room, over looks the River and has a lovely porch attached and a walkwa...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We were there 2 weeks ago. Wayne and Angie are extremely nice people. Panda is pretty cool. The house is nice. Breakfast was great! No doubt we'll go back... just a little tough being from WI. GO PACKERS!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aes31
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights in July. Wayne and Angie are friendly and accommodating hosts. We arrived late and the room was waiting for us with no issues. We stayed in the Bear's Den with two adults and two kids and the accommodations were just fine for that number. There are three double or queen beds in the Bear's Den.

We stayed here for the proximity to Rialto Beach, Ruby Beah, Hoh Rainforest and it was a perfect staging point for those beautiful, natural wonders. We avoided the Twilight silliness in Forks.

The breakfast both mornings was fantastic. After evaluating the hotel options in Forks, I was greatful I found this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gregaustex
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We spent one night at Fisherman's Widow in the three-bed room. After a day touring the peninsula Fisherman's Widow was a comfortable and quiet place to stay. The hosts are friendly. The location is by the beautiful Sol Duc river. The beds are comfortable and the location is quiet. Breakfast was delicious and the hosts were enjoyable company. It was a last-minute reservation for us but really enhanced our trip. Their dog is movie star adorable and has some great tricks. We all thought Fisherman's Widow and her hosts made our trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chrosto F
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Cozy Bear room with 3 beds and roll up mattresses for more plus a separate entrance from outside. The bathroom was a good size with a jetted tub (weird part is that their is a separate door in the bathroom that connects to their laundry room. We could hear their washer and dryer so that was weird and not as private as I would like). Unfortunately I would have to agree with jiffershipper that there was used soap in the bathroom along with large costco sized hair products. Luckily we brought our own but used soap is never a good option. The beds were comfy and good blankets. The house was very cute and they had a friendly dog that did amazing tricks. There was no view from the room but if you went out back it was a gorgeous view of the river with a trial that you can walk out down to the river (be very cautious as kids need to closely watched and it's pretty slippery when damp . No TV in the room or radio so be prepared to bring your own. The only TV was in the main family room but that was a very uncomfortable as the owners were always out there watching TV on the couch and chair. They never invited us out there nor told us about it being an option so we stayed in our room when we were there. I got the feeling that there was no common area as that was their main living/tv space. I later found out that they do have a separate "Family room" for themselves but they like the fireplace in the common area more. The hot tub was nice but you either had to walk past the owners on the couch watching tv or walk around the front through gravel to get there (bring slippers). Breakfast was good, not over the top or several courses but scones and crepes with fresh whipped cream. Be prepared for the owners to sit with you at the table while you eat and talk to you. They openly said that they don't like B&B's that the owners hide in their separate rooms but like it when the owners mingle with the guests so that's what they decided to do when they opened theirs. Overall the value was great especially if you have a large family and like to be very social, but if you want a romantic/private getaway then you may have to explain that to the owners when you arrive or find another place more private. I'm giving it a Very Good for Kid Activities not because there are things for the kids to do but for the fact that a B&B allows kids and has a proper bed for them to sleep in. You still have to bring your own kid activities (TV, radio, books, etc)/.

*Also very strange but there was not key given to us to lock our door when we left. The Bear Room has a separate entrance and when we went to dinner we were told that there is no reason to lock the doors as they are there all the time and our belongings were safe. I was very nervous as there was no safe provided and I brought my Nikon SLR Camera with all the accessories (for those photographers out there you know how much value this can be). I would have thought twice about staying here or what I brought if I would have known this before arrival. Hopefully they take note of this major safety concern and change their personal safety policy. In addition you never know who could sneak in your room and wait until you return. There was a lock that you can lock inside but there had to be someone there to unlock it from the inside when you returned.

Room Tip: Bear Room has 3 beds (2 Queens and a twin) along with roll out mattresses for more. Separate entrac...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mrcruz23
Anjgbayb, Owner at Fishermans Widow Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

I think there was a failure to comunicate here and I appoligize. I also apologize that a guest didn't feel safe and I hope an explanation will help. I do have keys for the rooms, but 2 uniformed correction officers live directly across the street and 2 houses over is another uniformed correction officer. Next to him is the home of our local Fish & Wildlife officer who works closely with the sherriffs dept and there frequent visits by county police cruisers. Back to this side of the street and another 2-3 houses down a WA State Patrolman lives and then next street over a local Forks police officer lives. There are other correction officers in the neighborhoood, but I think you can see why we feel it is pretty safe here.

As far as the safe goes, it is in the linnen closet with the childrens toys. Don't take this wrong, this is not a day care, guests are responsible for their children. I just provide books and toys as a courtsey. The overwhelming majority of guests do not want TV's in the rooms and radio reception is very poor down by the river. We do spend a lot of time in the common area evenings to make ourselves available to guests that want to know about the area and what there is to do. We have better things to do than watch TV. Again, an appoligy is in order for not explaining the common area and that we have our own section of the premises. I usually make that clear during the introductions.

Last thing I want to address is the used soap. There is a large bottle of body wash on the rack with the shampoo. When guests check out, the jacuzzi has to be cleaned. The disinfectant needs to soak in the pipes for about 20 min, so I take a shower and scrub the walls. My husband is always reminding me to take my soap with me when I'm done, but I just have a hard time remembering.

Thank you for taking the time give your comments. I take them to heart and my business will be better.

Reviewed 12 September 2010

We stayed at the Fisherman's Widow for 3 nights. We have two young children and this room was perfect for us. Roomy, spacious with everything we needed close at hand. Breakfast was continental..which was fine, but I would have enjoyed a heartier fare perhaps with some protein involved. Our room was quiet and our host and hostess were very nice and had wonderful recommendations for the local area. We got an opportunity to see the Cape and Museum, the Grandfather Tree and heard many stories about the areas logging roots. We initially didn't know anything about Twilight...but as we were staying in Forks educated ourselves prior to our trip :). We found the room clean and eco friendly (large bottle of shampoo in room as well as soap) -- this didn't bother me, but I can see where some folks would question this. You felt like you were staying in someones home rather then a traditional high end B&B. If you are looking for a romantic B&B this might not be your 1st choice but if you are traveling with a group or family I found it to be a wonderful spot to centrally locate ourselves while seeing the coastal area of Washington.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Suntraa
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We have done B&B's all over US and in several countries. Not our kind of place.

In the Room: Cartoonish bear theme, teddy bears everywhere. Not the cleanest room either. Used soap, no tissues, mini dixie cups for glasses, no clock. Shower was a spittle. Advertisement seemed to indicate TV in room, we were instead invited to 'hang out' with the owners. WIFI did work though.

Outside the Room: Unfinished projects ALL over. General disarray.

We considered leaving, but hung in there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple