“Not luxe, but good for Forks”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Fishermans Widow Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nice people who have made their home into a b&b. Riverside room is off the kitchen (you have to walk thru the living room to get there, and they are often watching TV- a little awkward). Lots of beds in the room and a large double sink bathroom. Clean. Fabulous hot-tub, but you could hear the bats in the eaves (no kidding!). Beautiful riverfront setting to enjoy while eating the homemade delicious breakfast. Overall, it was like staying at a distant cousin's house- nice but informal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Anjgbayb, Owner at Fishermans Widow Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for the review. They are always helpful. I'm sorry for not making it clear that the door onto the deck is also a private entrance so you don't need to walk through the common area if it makes you uncomfortable. We do spend quite a bit of time in there. To start with, we make ourselves available to guests in case they want info about what to see or do, where to eat, etc. Then while I'm doing my baking and preparing the fresh fruits and berries for breakfast I watch TV.
I know that bats are a creepy animal, but we can't bring ourselves to kill them for picking the wrong place to hang out. Bats are also helpful to the environment. My husband built a bat house on the opposite side of the house that other bats use. Given that bats are colonial animals, I don't know why those took up residence near the hot tub instead of with the rest of the neighborhood. Thank you for letting us know about the bats. Now we warn people about them and so far everyone has been okay with their creepy little neighbors.
Once again, thank you for the review and I apologize for a less than perfect stay.

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our trek around Olympic National Park. There aren't too many places in this area to stay, but this is the best in the area! Accommodations were comfortable and beautiful! Our room had two large beds with its own private access to the deck that overlooks the river. The room also had a very large jacuzzi tub which we enjoyed! Wayne and Angie are very sweet and have a lovely house on the river. Have Wayne tell you about salmon fishing in the river or let him show you what his smart little dog "Panda" can do! Angie is a wonderful cook and accommodated my husband's gluten intolerance. Many of the items for breakfast were fresh and right out their garden! You should see the size of their raspberry plants! Wayne and Angie were also very helpful when we were trying to find a good place to eat dinner and they also gave us the most perfect location to go tide pooling! If you are looking for a place to stay in the area, you can't find a more wonderful stay!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Libby D
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My boyfriend and I spent two nights here on account of wanting to stay way out of #twifans way. The B&B is about 13 miles from the entrance to Olympic National Park, which was more the purpose of our stay.

We arrived a little late, but were greeted with smiles and a thorough walk-through of the house, including a how-to on the awesome hot tub. (We also had an in-room jacuzzi, but opted for the hot tub both nights on account of the hours of driving we've done since starting our month-long road trip... but that's another story!). Beds (there were three in the suite we stayed in) were all very comfy. Could use some more towel racks, though.

Breakfast was served at 8a (a little early for me) and was protein-free (kind of a bummer), but home-cooked and delicious. And even though checkout was at 10a, the hosts let us work on their WiFi until noon from their dining room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iamwashable
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. everything was great! Lovely room with pleanty of bears, great hospitality by angie and her husband, wonderfull breakfast with plenty of sweets that lasted all day. we would love to come again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank giora d
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My only regret with staying here was that we didn’t stay longer!

Our room was great and had a beautiful view of the river and direct access to the deck. The bathroom had a large jetted tub and a shower. Everything was really clean. We even used the awesome hot tub that they have!

The breakfast was good, but not amazing (I’m pretty picky because I love to cook, so most people will probably think it’s great). I liked the fresh raspberries and homemade whipped cream.

I really liked the owners, Angie & Wayne, they made us feel at home and were really nice people! I would definitely stay here again.

I read that some people said they felt more like this was staying with relatives than a bed and breakfast – to some degree I would agree, but I DON’T think that’s a bad thing! I felt more comfortable here than I have at any other B&B.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andiethemagnet
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed with Wayne and Angie for the first time last weekend. The occasion was a family reunion nearby, so we picked for location. On that point, we were more than pleased. Wonderful setting on the Sol Duc River. Lodging was very comfortable and the breakfasts were delicious. Angie was accommodating with special dietary needs, which was an added bonus. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Earl T
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My only complaint was that it the hosts didn't take credit cards. But owing to the B and B's size, I suppose that is reasonable. Everything else was fine. The room was very roomy (THREE beds) and the beds very comfortable. The bathroom was also nice and big with a jacuzzi, and there was a fabulous hot tub. The dining room had a great view of the Sol Duc River. Wayne and Angie were very nice and their dog Panda was adorable. However, I really must take issue with the reviewer who complained about the "cartoonish decor" and the shower that was a "spittle." Every B and B has its own character. This is not a sterile hotel. Also, I had no trouble with the shower at all. It worked just fine. There's just no pleasing some people. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find one good thing to say. All in all, FW is a real bargain.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple