“Great family room! Wonderful local Recommendations!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Fishermans Widow Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“Great family room! Wonderful local Recommendations!”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We stayed at the Fisherman's Widow for 3 nights. We have two young children and this room was perfect for us. Roomy, spacious with everything we needed close at hand. Breakfast was continental..which was fine, but I would have enjoyed a heartier fare perhaps with some protein involved. Our room was quiet and our host and hostess were very nice and had wonderful recommendations for the local area. We got an opportunity to see the Cape and Museum, the Grandfather Tree and heard many stories about the areas logging roots. We initially didn't know anything about Twilight...but as we were staying in Forks educated ourselves prior to our trip :). We found the room clean and eco friendly (large bottle of shampoo in room as well as soap) -- this didn't bother me, but I can see where some folks would question this. You felt like you were staying in someones home rather then a traditional high end B&B. If you are looking for a romantic B&B this might not be your 1st choice but if you are traveling with a group or family I found it to be a wonderful spot to centrally locate ourselves while seeing the coastal area of Washington.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Suntraa

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We have done B&B's all over US and in several countries. Not our kind of place.

In the Room: Cartoonish bear theme, teddy bears everywhere. Not the cleanest room either. Used soap, no tissues, mini dixie cups for glasses, no clock. Shower was a spittle. Advertisement seemed to indicate TV in room, we were instead invited to 'hang out' with the owners. WIFI did work though.

Outside the Room: Unfinished projects ALL over. General disarray.

We considered leaving, but hung in there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jiffershipper
California
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I recommend this bed and breakfast more for large groups than for couples or solo travelers. The rooms have two or three beds and are very large so a large group would fit well.

Breakfast was great. There was a variety of food and drinks and the hosts sat down and talked to us the entire time. It was very comfortable and they were very social.

I recommend the Teddy Bear room above the other one. This one has its own entrance if you like more privacy. The other room is nice as well, especially because it has access to the deck overlooking the river, but to get to it you have to walk through the living room.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley H
Washington State
Reviewed 10 April 2010

The owners are lovely - honest, decent, salt-of-the-earth sort of people. They make one feel very much at home. They had their adorable dog Panda do a little show for me. They gave me free run of their very comfortable living room with its great fire and TV. The highlight of my stay was the cadilac outdoor's jacuzzi. I had it all to myself - warm water, cool quiet air, stars in the sky - fabulous.

What I loved about my room: the slidling glass window onto a lovely deck that overlooked the Sol Duc river; the big bathroom with the jacuzzi tub/shower. It was clean and comfortable and had everything I needed.

I wasn't crazy about the fact that the room was off the kitchen and that it was filled with beds (3). The room could very comfortably sleep 5 people, maybe more, and with the lovely deck would not feel crowded - hence great value for families.

Breakfast was a very large stack of pancakes, fruit, juice, bacon. My hosts were so gracious about sitting with me and making conversation. I hadn't planned on going to Cape Flatterly but they convinced me that it was worth the drive. I was so glad I took their advice.

The location was great - just off 101, convenient for La Push and Sol Doc.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank KerryBorn
Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Our stay at Fishermen's Widow B&B was very enjoyable. The breakfast was excellent!!! The river behind the house was gorgeous. However, if you have the larger front room you will not have a view of the river except at breakfast. The hot tub on the side of the house was very nice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
SC
Reviewed 15 July 2009

This was our first B&B experience and I must say that I would go back to Forks, WA to re-visit this B&B at any given moment. Angie and her husband treated us like family from the moment we arived up to the time that we left. The breakfast that she served each morning could have fed a small army and it was always yummy! Both went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed while we were visiting Forks. Both of them were very informative on the area and directed us to some really cool tide pools during our stay. We planned our trip to Forks before finding out that it was the home of Twilight. I read the book during our flight and enjoyed all of the interesting conversations we had with Angie and other town folk during our stay. Stephenie Meyer did a wonderful job in portraying this area of Washington in her books. She truly did her research well! I searched all of the accomidations in and around Forks before booking with the Fisherman's Widow and we had no regrets after arriving. The only other B&B worth staying at in Forks would have to be the location Stephenie Meyer based the Cullen house on. We just opted for a more laid back and relaxed place to stay, on the river. It was also the only place we could find that offered a true two person jacuzzi in each of their two rooms. They also had a very clean hot tub for guest to use on the side of the home that was nice and private with it's own sound system so do not forget your favorite CD, I would reccomend this B&B to anyone and can not wait to return one day.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank efreed
San diego
Reviewed 26 June 2009

My daughter and I chose the Fisherman's Widow after viewing their website. Turns out, the website doesn't really depict this place very accurately. The bed and breakfast is actually a couple of rooms in the house where they live. So if you want to get real cozy and hang out with your hosts on their couch, you're in luck. Also the hot tub which "overlooks" the river is next to the house and you CAN see the river if you stand on the edge of the hot tub and lean way out. This place feels like you're visiting some long lost relatives and staying in their spare room. Ackward! Disappointing to say the least. If you have stayed in , and enjoyed a nice B&B this will be somewhat of a letdown. We decided not to stay a second night and the charged us an extra deposit. boo. It was not the place for us and we can't recommend.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank fetalrn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
The Pacific Inn Motel
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Dew Drop Inn Motel

Been to Fishermans Widow Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!