“A bit of a disaster”

Cuisines: Mexican
Seattle
“A bit of a disaster”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We usually don’t judge a book by it’s cover, but I think we should have here. The dining room was dingy and cold - not very inviting for eating a meal so we ordered for takeout. When we got home and opened our meals, we found that none of the fixings were included. Basically two ‘dry’ platters ready to consume. To give fair credit, I think they did have a “salsa bar” at in the dining room that might have had some fixings. They probably should have mentioned that before we walked out the door.

• Visited December 2013

Hansville
“What Happened?”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I wrote a very positive review of this place a few months ago and we recently returned to the Forks are with some friends and was eager to return to this place to show it off to my friends. That turned out to be a disaster! We decided to order take out as we had rented a lovely cabin on the Sol Duc, which was located a few miles down the road from Taquira Santanna. We got there about 7:00 pm on a Saturday night (they close at 8;00!). I began to get worried, as it took over 45 minutes to make our order. The ladies who orderdered just BEFORE me didn't get her take out order, as they told her they ran out of food - after she had waited for an hour!

The meal we unfolded at our riverfront cabin was surprisingly bad - greasy, ill-tasting, and the beef burritos we ordered were stuffed with ill-tasting chicken. When I wrote my first review of this place, I couldn't understand the reason for the few REALLY TERRIBLE reviews that had been previously written. I now understand them completely.

The only high point was the really nice little girl who took our orders. She had been working there only three days. She spoke great english and was cute as a bug's ear. But God knows what was going on back in that kitchen!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank HansvilleHugh
Forks, Washington
“OK”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Kind of average food and service -- a bit pricey for what you get. Not a bad choice if you have a hankering for Mexican. Seemed pretty busy but so was "The In Place" which was terrible.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Don't do it”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This place is awful. Tasteless food. Paint peeling off the walls and a grubby feel to the place. There is simply no where decent to eat in Forks. I strong recommend to bring your own food or drop into the local superstore Thriftway (which is actually a really good store with so much under one roof).

Visited August 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great fresh mexican”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

First when you walk in you might think twice about coming in. But do get over that. The menu hangs on the wall and has a large selection of the freshest Mexican food you will ever eat. Most Mexican food is prepared ahead of time and just placed together. Here they cook the chicken and beef per order and it really pays off in the flavor. They also had a large selection of salsa's to choose from to top your dish or eat with chips.

Visited June 2013