“Home Away From Home - One Bedroom Rental”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen - WSGH Bedroom (queen) - WSGH
Shower / tub - WSGH
DIning - WSGH
Front yard - WSGH
Hoh rainforest
Fall colors on the Calawah river
driftwood curl on 3rd beach in Olympic National Park
birds of a feather...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 41 reviews

Reviews from our community

Estella N
Seattle
“Home Away From Home - One Bedroom Rental”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 for a stay in October 2013

Drawn by the love of the Pacific Northwest, Forks, Twilight, nature, exploration, beaches, photography, and the fact I had major brain drain and I needed some R&R, I was fortunate to find this jewel. I intended to stay during Stephenie Meyer Days weekend in September but plans changed and I rebooked for a stay in October. Making and changing my reservation was easy.

The instructions to enter the guest house are given to you in your confirmation email (please read, it has useful info). I had issues entering the guest house but it was merely user error than anything else. I would say that's my gift, it shouldn't be an issue for most anyone else. As soon as you walk in you are greeted by a message on the chalkboard welcoming you and with useful guest house contact info.

This guest house is amazing!! It is so cute, cozy, spacious, and well decorated. They have thought of everything to make your stay comfortable like it's a home away from home. The cable, DVDs, gas fireplace, kitchen, recycling (!), blankets, pillows, books, dining room table, etc, etc. It's cuter than my condo!

For fear of rambling on, here are bullet points of pros and cons of my visit:

PROS:
*Cozy
*Spacious
*Clean
*Beautiful Decor
*Pet-Free (See comment under cons - it's pet-free at this time, though.)
*Smoke-Free
*Prime location to highway, beaches, shops, restaurants, walkable location, small town so not far from most places of interest within a short driving distance (ex: grocery store).
*Incredibly comfortable, stocked with everything and anything you need
*Great customer service - managers were available via phone as needed. I appreciate the help with figuring out how which house to go to and how to enter. I read the email but...brain drain and a long drive happened.
*Thorough confirmation email
*Pretty quiet guest house considering it is attached to the two bedroom (which you can also rent part of the year.)
*Secure
*Well heated and ventilated
*Plenty of parking in front
*Front yard access
*Private entrance within fenced yard (look for the mailbox with Wood Street Guest House on it, that's the yard and entrance to use).
*Quiet town and neighbors - loved!!
*Selection of DVDs, books, & games. WiFi, cable/Direct TV(?).
*Coffee/Tea, spices, cooking ingredients supplied for your use. Awesome kitchen.
*Hardwood floors
*Funky toilet flusher - I actually figured it out on my own. So proud of myself.
*Awesome shower including bathroom decor. Trash can is under the sink toiletries/supplies for use.

CONS:
*Hair on bedding - Pulled back the cover and found black hairs on bedding. It could've been dog or cat hair or body hair (I've been told people can shed, too. This isn't a dig on hairy people, I'm a little gifted myself. Much love to the body hair blessed.) I'm allergic to some animals (cats being one of them - some, not all - it's weird) and couldn't risk an allergic reaction. I brought my own linens with me and camped out on the sofa (which is a sleeper sofa but I didn't use the sleeper part of the sofa). I covered the sofa with my linens as not to cause wear on the sofa which is so comfy and cute. There was another set of linens and blankets for the sleeper sofa, but I didn't want to use them. It was not a big deal to me as I can't expect the world to accomodate to my cat allergies. I love cats & dogs, btw. I was perfectly comfy and brought my own linens as I usually do for road trips. (There is a laundromat in town the last time I checked, as needed. I'm sure if I called for more sheets, I would've gotten new ones.)
*There were stains on the toilet paper roll and the paper towel roll. I'm sure it was just a little oopsie when cooking or cleaning, so I didn't count this towards my overall rating of this guest house. It's a lovely place and it's perfect overall.
*Microwave was on top of the refrigerator. I'm 5' 2.5" and I had to go on my tippy toes. If I was heating a bowl of soup...that would be a mess. Maybe move it to the pretty table in front of the mirror in the kitchen?
*Giving payment information via email. Although it worked out just fine, I'd rather use a site to make my payment. PayPal is cool and I would not need it to be an invoice, I would just submit payment or however the transaction is set up. Deposits (refundable) are cool with me, too.

Overall, I give my stay at Wood Street Guest House top marks, as it was an excellent stay and I can't wait to return. It was a nice home to greet me after a 4 hour drive and I was sad to leave but knew I would return. Forks, WA and Wood Street Guest House are wonderful. I have already recommended to family and friends. Hope you enjoy a sampling of my photos and hope this review was helpful.

Stay Awesome, Wood Street!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very cozy and great location.
Liked least: Hair on bedding, stains on toilet paper roll and paper towel roll. Great stay overall, though.
Travelling group: Solo
Families with young children
Dan K
Seattle
“Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

What a gem!

We loved our stay at the Wood Street Guest House in Forks, WA. We rented the 1 bedroom unit during a weekend in the Olympic Peninsula. This unit is perfect for couples, and small families. Dylan & Justin were excellent hosts - they respond quickly and have excellent knowledge of the surrounding areas. More importantly, you can tell they love hosting and they keep their property in pristine condition. We would recommend this rental to any of our friends, and we’re already planning on revisiting in the summer.

The property itself is located right in the heart of Forks off the 101. The central location makes it an ideal spot for exploring the entire peninsula. If you’ve never been to the area, you’ll quickly realize this unit is a head above the other available lodgings. The unit has a rustic yet modern decor. The kitchen, bathroom, and living room are equipped with all the necessary amenities + some. We absolutely loved the bed and small gas stove located in the living room. Don’t hesitate booking this place, you won’t be disappointed.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The bed and heating stove
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Kathleen5...
“Great place!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Cozy and comfortable place to explore the western part of Olympic National Park. The house is spotless. Loved having coffee/tea the morning after we arrived and also the European shampoo/conditioner/bathwash dispenser in the shower/tub.

Liked best: Comfort
Older travelers
TravelHin...
Mount Kisco, New York
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

My husband and I brought our two girls (3 & 7 months) to the Olympic peninsula. This was the perfect place to stay! It was centrally located to all of the things we wanted to see and do. It was incredibly clean (I'm a bit paranoid about that), and beautifully decorated. There's a small bedroom with a full bed, a living room with pullout couch, great kitchen and a dining room. There's also a beautiful gated front yard with a table and chAirs (my daughter loved eating out there). They have a selection of organic spices in the kitchen, which is fully stocked with cookware and dishes. The bathroom is elegantly decorated, with great natural bath products. They have a selection if books, games and direct TV for when you unwind at the end of the day. If, or when, we go back we are definitely staying here!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jo Anne S
Madison, Wisconsin
“A jewel of a surprise”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

The Wood Street Guest House was a delightful surprise to find, quite by accident after it was recommended to us by another facility in the area that was booked for the night. It's a happy little house that's been thoughtfully updated and that anticipates the needs of its visitors who need a good rest after a day of outdoor venturing. The small yard was a welcome relief from the concrete of hotels. We particularly noted the two outdoor pots of strawberries (that held ripe ones--which we left for the next travelers to enjoy). Very clean (and I'm a stickler about this)...clear instructions on what to do, environmentally positive soaps in the shower. We would definitely go back here on future trips to Forks and Olympic Pennisula.

Liked best: Thoughtfully furnished
Liked least: I really didn't have a dislike.
Older travelers
Tara K
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Charming and clean.”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Came to spend a mother daughter weekend with my mom and found the place on a whim last minute. Justin was very pleasant on the phone and mom and I knew the moment we pulled up we'd stay here. Great energy inside, very clean and had all the amenities you could want. Very comfortable sleeper sofa and updated rooms. Would definitely stay again.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Cleanliness
Liked least: Small bathroom
Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children
Shelley C
Clinton, Missouri
“Great place to stay, a real home away from home!"”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

This was a great little house for our vacation to the peninsula. It was very clean and the kitchen was awesome. The location is perfect, very easy to get to and Forks is the perfect place to stay if you want to see a lot of Olympic National Park and the beautiful beaches of the Pacific Ocean. The owners were very friendly and easy to deal with. We will definitely be back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The centralized location and privacy.
Liked least: Limited restaurant choices in Forks but the home kitchen was excellent.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$145
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing