“charming guest house in convenient location”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen - WSGH Bedroom (queen) - WSGH
Shower / tub - WSGH
DIning - WSGH
Front yard - WSGH
Hoh rainforest
Fall colors on the Calawah river
driftwood curl on 3rd beach in Olympic National Park
birds of a feather...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Seattle, Washington
“Great rental cottage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

We had a great trip to the Olympic Peninsula. We rented this cottage with my husband and 2 year old. There is a cute fenced in front yard for a grassy play area, with a nice table and chairs to enjoy evening summer weather. The cottage is well maintained and very clean. The owners are very responsive to questions and needs. Kitchen well stocked with cooking supplies. Easy short travel to La Push and beach hikes 15 minutes away. 90 minutes from Port Angeles and Hurricane Ridge.

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 bubbles How helpful were the directions to the property?
3 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Gary W
“Great Location And Nicely Furnished”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We stayed in Justin and Dylan's Wood Street Guest House in Forks, Washington. The Guest House is newly remodeled and very nicely furnished. It seems that great effort has been made to anticipate guests' potential needs. The kitchen is well stocked with utensils, a complete set of kitchen knives, blender and other small appliances. The bed is large and comfortable. It would be easy and comfortable to spend an extended time here to explore the Olympic National Park in depth. Highly recommended!

Families with young children
geekguyandy
NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check-in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Estella N
Seattle
“Home Away From Home - One Bedroom Rental”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 for a stay in October 2013

Drawn by the love of the Pacific Northwest, Forks, Twilight, nature, exploration, beaches, photography, and the fact I had major brain drain and I needed some R&R, I was fortunate to find this jewel. I intended to stay during Stephenie Meyer Days weekend in September but plans changed and I rebooked for a stay in October. Making and changing my reservation was easy.

The instructions to enter the guest house are given to you in your confirmation email (please read, it has useful info). I had issues entering the guest house but it was merely user error than anything else. I would say that's my gift, it shouldn't be an issue for most anyone else. As soon as you walk in you are greeted by a message on the chalkboard welcoming you and with useful guest house contact info.

This guest house is amazing!! It is so cute, cozy, spacious, and well decorated. They have thought of everything to make your stay comfortable like it's a home away from home. The cable, DVDs, gas fireplace, kitchen, recycling (!), blankets, pillows, books, dining room table, etc, etc. It's cuter than my condo!

For fear of rambling on, here are bullet points of pros and cons of my visit:

PROS:
*Cozy
*Spacious
*Clean
*Beautiful Decor
*Pet-Free (See comment under cons - it's pet-free at this time, though.)
*Smoke-Free
*Prime location to highway, beaches, shops, restaurants, walkable location, small town so not far from most places of interest within a short driving distance (ex: grocery store).
*Incredibly comfortable, stocked with everything and anything you need
*Great customer service - managers were available via phone as needed. I appreciate the help with figuring out how which house to go to and how to enter. I read the email but...brain drain and a long drive happened.
*Thorough confirmation email
*Pretty quiet guest house considering it is attached to the two bedroom (which you can also rent part of the year.)
*Secure
*Well heated and ventilated
*Plenty of parking in front
*Front yard access
*Private entrance within fenced yard (look for the mailbox with Wood Street Guest House on it, that's the yard and entrance to use).
*Quiet town and neighbors - loved!!
*Selection of DVDs, books, & games. WiFi, cable/Direct TV(?).
*Coffee/Tea, spices, cooking ingredients supplied for your use. Awesome kitchen.
*Hardwood floors
*Funky toilet flusher - I actually figured it out on my own. So proud of myself.
*Awesome shower including bathroom decor. Trash can is under the sink toiletries/supplies for use.

CONS:
*Hair on bedding - Pulled back the cover and found black hairs on bedding. It could've been dog or cat hair or body hair (I've been told people can shed, too. This isn't a dig on hairy people, I'm a little gifted myself. Much love to the body hair blessed.) I'm allergic to some animals (cats being one of them - some, not all - it's weird) and couldn't risk an allergic reaction. I brought my own linens with me and camped out on the sofa (which is a sleeper sofa but I didn't use the sleeper part of the sofa). I covered the sofa with my linens as not to cause wear on the sofa which is so comfy and cute. There was another set of linens and blankets for the sleeper sofa, but I didn't want to use them. It was not a big deal to me as I can't expect the world to accomodate to my cat allergies. I love cats & dogs, btw. I was perfectly comfy and brought my own linens as I usually do for road trips. (There is a laundromat in town the last time I checked, as needed. I'm sure if I called for more sheets, I would've gotten new ones.)
*There were stains on the toilet paper roll and the paper towel roll. I'm sure it was just a little oopsie when cooking or cleaning, so I didn't count this towards my overall rating of this guest house. It's a lovely place and it's perfect overall.
*Microwave was on top of the refrigerator. I'm 5' 2.5" and I had to go on my tippy toes. If I was heating a bowl of soup...that would be a mess. Maybe move it to the pretty table in front of the mirror in the kitchen?
*Giving payment information via email. Although it worked out just fine, I'd rather use a site to make my payment. PayPal is cool and I would not need it to be an invoice, I would just submit payment or however the transaction is set up. Deposits (refundable) are cool with me, too.

Overall, I give my stay at Wood Street Guest House top marks, as it was an excellent stay and I can't wait to return. It was a nice home to greet me after a 4 hour drive and I was sad to leave but knew I would return. Forks, WA and Wood Street Guest House are wonderful. I have already recommended to family and friends. Hope you enjoy a sampling of my photos and hope this review was helpful.

Stay Awesome, Wood Street!

4 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property
4 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Very cozy and great location.
Liked least: Hair on bedding, stains on toilet paper roll and paper towel roll. Great stay overall, though.
Travelling group: Solo
Families with young children
Dan K
Seattle
“Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

What a gem!

We loved our stay at the Wood Street Guest House in Forks, WA. We rented the 1 bedroom unit during a weekend in the Olympic Peninsula. This unit is perfect for couples, and small families. Dylan & Justin were excellent hosts - they respond quickly and have excellent knowledge of the surrounding areas. More importantly, you can tell they love hosting and they keep their property in pristine condition. We would recommend this rental to any of our friends, and we’re already planning on revisiting in the summer.

The property itself is located right in the heart of Forks off the 101. The central location makes it an ideal spot for exploring the entire peninsula. If you’ve never been to the area, you’ll quickly realize this unit is a head above the other available lodgings. The unit has a rustic yet modern decor. The kitchen, bathroom, and living room are equipped with all the necessary amenities + some. We absolutely loved the bed and small gas stove located in the living room. Don’t hesitate booking this place, you won’t be disappointed.

5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The bed and heating stove
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Kathleen5...
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Cozy and comfortable place to explore the western part of Olympic National Park. The house is spotless. Loved having coffee/tea the morning after we arrived and also the European shampoo/conditioner/bathwash dispenser in the shower/tub.

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfort
Older travelers
Make Enquiry
Enter dates for more accurate prices
Any
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing