“An oasis in the woods”

Misty Valley Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We have stayed at Misty Valley twice, and had a wonderful experience both times. It's a good base for exploring both the coast and the rainforest parts of Olympic National Park.

The Irish Room was clean and comfortable, and with one suitcase stored in the closet, the space was adequate. Lots of amenities. The owners are also very helpful in case something has gone amiss with your trip. The public spaces are inviting, especially the large deck where you can have your breakfast served, bring your takeout dinner (the restaurants in Forks are...unambitious - we recommend Taqueria Santana), or just watch the birds and squirrels at the feeder.

Rachael is an extraordinary cook and baker. We had a choice of six enormous breakfast entrees every morning, and there were cakes, brownies etc., all homemade, available every afternoon and evening. Due to an email misunderstanding, I requested what I considered a ridiculously elaborate dessert as a joke. Not only did she make it for us on the last night of our stay, she did it in front of me, and made it look easy, too! My only criticism: I don't enjoy sweets first thing in the morning, so I wish there were more savory options for breakfast. And if you're trying to lose weight, this is not the place for you!

Room Tip: If you are in the Irish Room, as we were, that noise you're hearing isn't the toilet running...

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were really excited to found that this place is real Paradise: comfortable sleeping, incredible breakfast, excellent service, magic view from the terrace. We have a dream now to return there to spend 5 days at least (2 days were not enough definitely). Now I prefer to have vacation here instead of Hawaii or Caribbean: beautiful virgin nature, not crowdy place- even our teenager- daughter was very excited to be there.
Thanks a lot to the hotel's owners for the great hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HelgaK18
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is a tough review for me. This was the first bed and breakfast stay for me and I may just prefer hotels. The hosts were extremely nice and the food was amazing! The room was reasonably nice, but overall, I kind of felt like I was staying at my grandparents' house. The place smelled a bit like "old people." I feel horrible for saying that, but I want to give an honest review. My only other complaint would be that I could hear the gentleman snoring in the room next to ours even louder than my husband sleeping next to me.

This place pays incredible attention to details, customer service was excellent, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Bed and breakfasts may not be MY cup of tea, but this place was very nice and it was clear the owners go above and beyond to make your stay pleasurable.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Wow! Rachel and Jim make you comfortable in this gen on the far western side of Washington. We were in the Dutch room (higher end) and I'm glad we chose that one. The breakfast and afternoon/evening desserts were out of this world. Rachel is an outstanding cook, and she helped us make good decisions on what to see in the area. I'd return in a heartbeat. I travel a great deal, and the value for what we got was incredible. An amazing experience!!!!
Note: I rated the swimming pool and fitness center accidentially, and was unable to deselelect the options.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Dutch and would recommend it. I saw the other rooms though, and all are desirable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We enjoyed every minute in the B&B. The hosts were very nice and "spoiled" us with cakes & cookies in the afternoon and tea, coffee of hot chocolate to the room in the morning. Breakfast was very good and the view from the living room was nice.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The Misty Valley Inn is the best B&B I have stayed at so far. It was very nice to have a variety of options for breakfast, prepared around your schedule. I am not much for sweet, sugary things, so the omelette was best for me. My only suggestion would be to have more savory selections (traditional English breakfast, perhaps?). The room was spotless, the bed extremely comfortable, and the views are fantastic.

1  Thank AJM_333
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I went with a friend and we booked the less expensive room for $100 but when we got there and saw the $130 room with a king sized bed and incredible view and private porch - well we immediately switched. We also went early and completely enjoyed the grounds, the birds, the inn keeper, the outrageous home cooked deserts and the other folks staying there. The hot tub was great. The service outstanding. We were woken with coffee on a bedside table at the door and then breakfast a bit later. Gourmet food all around. The inn keepers attend to EVERY need. Rate very high

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
The Pacific Inn Motel
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Dew Drop Inn Motel

Been to Misty Valley Inn B&B? Share your experiences!