“Exceptional!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Hartley, Iowa
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed 15 October 2010

This trip was our fist experience staying at Bed & Breakfast establishments and Misty Valley Inn was our favorite of the 3 we stayed in. The staff was very attentive to our needs, ready to help in any way at any time of day. It is a nice mixture of comfort and elegance. The room was just as described on their website. Breakfast was made to order from a 7-item menu of unique and plentiful items. Your won't need another meal all day! The Inn is located within easy driving distance of many Olympic National Park points of interest and is a good home base while visiting the park. The grounds are beautifully landscaped with several flower gardens and some of the most beautiful roses I've ever seen. The outdoor spa was the perfect end to our days of hiking the park and the large deck was a great place for bird watching. We highly recommend Misty Valley Inn. We WILL be back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cjswcampbell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed 15 October 2010

My husband and I stayed at Misty Valley Inn for six nights during part of our honeymoon. We originally reserved the English Room, but when we got there, they upgraded us for free to the master room (Dutch Room), and we were able to stay there for all but one night. That one night was pre-reserved by another couple. Rachel and Jim Bennett have a wealth of knowledge about the area, and they were eager to share local area dining tips, destinations, and more. They offer six different breakfast options, spiced fruit, and fresh muffins for breakfast every day. If you want your muffins (or leftover pancakes...) to go, they'll put them in a ziplock. When I called to reserve our room months ago, I was asked for favorite desserts. Rachel made my husband two cheesecakes in the time we were there, and a variety of other desserts were never far away. Every morning they act as an alarm clock and knock quietly on the door at a requested time, leaving a tray of tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. Also included on the tray is a nice note with tide times, weather predictions, sunrise/sunset, and more. The Bennetts do their best to serve their guests, and we were always well taken care of at every time of the day. The rooms were clean, large, and well stocked with treats and towels. They were always available when we were there, and they were happy to cater to any need we had. We highly recommend the Misty Valley Inn!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bergmaedelMT
Eastham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Rachel and Jim have been in the area forever and are more than willing to share their wealth of information. They were most helpful with our many questions.
Breakfast is yummy and served overlooking a beautiful misty valley-just like the picture! Check out the stellar blue jays that come to the feeder.
Rooms are comfortable, but would benefit from an extra layer of soundproofing between them. The inn is set slightly back from the road, so there is some background sound, but we noticed most other accommodations were even closer to the main road.
This is a good choice if you want to get a feel for the beautiful Olympic peninsula and do some exploring in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joanu
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 1 October 2010

My husband and I so enjoyed our stay at the Misty Valley Inn B&B. Rachel and Jim Bennett made every effort to make our stay wonderful. They succeeded!! The Inn is in a spectacular location near Olympia National Park. Their home, the Inn, is beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast is truly memorable. The hosts offer six breakfast choices that are just delicious and so generous. The breakfast is served at the dining room table with gorgeous linens, silver, and china. The view from the dining room is wonderful of the mountains and scenery. A lovely wake up touch is a soft knock on your bedroom door and the delivery of your coffee on a tray with a rose and lovely card which includes the weather information for the day. Our hosts were so gracious; they even offered wonderful suggestions for many things to see and do.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lovetotravel101141
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This was a pleasant place to stay! The hostess was welcoming and friendly and made us feel at home. We were served a desert and hot drink when we arrived.The room was spacious and comfortable from the fresh clean sheets to the bedside chocolates! Our breakfast started with our choice of hot drinks delivered to our bedroom door on a lovely tray, beautiful presentation. A breakfast followed that was over the top! We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank NWGardener2010
Tehachapi, California
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I'm a little bit conflicted about our stay here. When we arrived the owners were out and we were shown around by their help. The kitchen was a huge mess, and that was the first thing we saw, so hubby and I looked at each other, if we had made a mistake staying here (although dishes were done later, it stayed a mess during our stay). The area next to the kitchen is a bit of an office or so, also a mess. The common rooms (living, dining) and bed rooms are better.

Alarm clocks are not allowed and you have to tell the hosts (as soon as they see you, without you having any time to look at the info or think about it) what time you want a wake up knock on your door, and what you want for breakfast. I'm there for vacation, I just wanna get up when I wake up. But okay, it makes sense that they need to know what time you want breakfast, because they need to prepare it. Nevertheless, I had to wait half an hour on my apple souffle one morning, and it wasn't great. If you push me for a time for breakfast, I expect it at that time, and not later (especially since we wanted to go to the tide pools, the earlier there the better). Funny is that Rachel is a registered dietician, but the crepes were loaded with whipped creme and strawberries. Good - yes, healthy - absolutely not. The evening treats were very nice (lemon bars, brownies, etc.) and a huge variety of teas, wonderful. We had asked the help if we could keep some of our sodas cool in the fridge, but almost every time we opened it, Rachel boomed "who's there in my fridge?" A bit scary, as if you've done something wrong.

We stayed in the English room and the bed was plain awful. Very hard, after three nights both my husband and I had issues with our back, and we are not old people. We heard other people comment how much they liked their wonderful beds, so maybe the other rooms do have nicer beds.

They try really hard to be special, but it falls short in a few respects. For instance, in the morning you get a tray with coffee or whatever you want at your door, with a fancy card with forecast etc. printed for the day. But on the other hand, the paint job in the bathroom and the bedroom ceiling is really bad, they skipped a few edges here and there. Everything is color coordinated (English room is yellow and blue) but at the same time there's dust, a dead insect and cob webs on my toilet paper holder. Great attention to some details, none to others.

The walls of the English room are paper thin, you can hear your neighbor cough in the next room, and more... The bed is at an angle in the corner with two night stands immediately next to it, plus it is really high, not a success formula for getting in and out of the bed at night to go to the bath room.

The view from the back patio is wonderful, and they always have bird seed out so you'll see birds and squirrels, very nice. I wandered into the back yard to enjoy the view and it is off their part of the house (downstairs) and immediately Jim was out there, giving me the feeling I shouldn't be there. Again, very welcoming on the surface, but in general he made me feel unwelcome. Often I felt like I was intruding, some times guests were whispering, as not to attract any attention.

The location is just fine if you want to be in the Forks area, just outside of town, off the highway, which did bring some highway noise with it. They have information about the area available, and for the Twilight fans there's the movies to watch in the living room, a nice service.

Like I said, they try really hard, but for some reason I didn't feel comfortable there. I've stayed at other B&B's where I felt more at home and not as intruding.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AngelTehachapi
Rehovot
Reviewed 21 September 2010

The location is beautiful, close to main atractions in the Olympic National Park. The owners-hosts are extremely friendly, doing everything to make the stay most enjoyable. Breakfasts are fabulous gourmet! Cakes and drinks in the lounge for the whole day. Very nice and friendly lounge.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chaimg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forks
Kalaloch Lodge
#1 of 5 in Sekiu
The Pacific Inn Motel
Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast
The Dew Drop Inn Motel

Been to Misty Valley Inn B&B? Share your experiences!