“What A Bed! What A View!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Quillayute River Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“What A Bed! What A View!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Generally I'm not a fan of memory foam mattresses, I feel like I'm making one of those shoe molds for orthotics. Their beds were firm -- I overslept! The hosts are great, there are Weber Grills in front of each unit should you wantto grill that fish you just caught off the bank -- I can't wait for them to finish the "lodge" which should have room to host a wedding or two.

The only downside of my visit is that it was for one day on the way to Oregon.

Great wi-fi service, fully stocked (well, not groceries) kitchen. The best.

Room Tip: I looked at other rooms, there are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MarkStephenSouder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lake Stevens, Washington
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights on our trip to escape. Not only were the prices amazing but the hospitality was even better. The directions were easy to follow and upon arrival, they gave us maps, lists of restaurants, and tidal charts for the river and ocean beaches. Inside the room I noticed a potted ivy plant that made me feel like home. The kitchen being stocked with pots, pans, and utensils definitely made the trip that much nicer. The location couldn't have been more perfect being right on the Sol Duc River, and being so close to everywhere we wanted to go. On top of that, the WiFi made the time in the room great for uploading all our pictures we took on this trip. I would definitely like to come back when its not the "off season" just to see the flower gardens blooming. Couldn't have picked a better weekend, which had absolutely no rain =D.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Westp3001
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 December 2012

We stayed here in September and were more than pleased. We had stopped by the previous year (2011) and looked at the property and jotted down the information. Since we were on a road trip at the time we could not stay. So we planned our return trip around staying here. We could not have had a more enjoyable time. Looking forward to returning again.

Room Tip: I really think all of the rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelingIncognito
Lynnwood, Washington, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Resort for three nights, celebrating our twenty-ninth anniversary. Our stay was in November, typically called the "off season," but the area is so beautiful that I can't imagine any season not being optimal. It did rain a good deal when we were there -- it is, after all, the rain forest -- but our trip was filled with so much incredible stuff that we hardly noticed the wet. First off, the suites are terrific: the firm mattress was great; the kitchen was stocked with all the pots and pans and dishes you'd need for a stay, plus a few spices and olive oil -- clearly a good place for foodies like us; the heated tile floor in the bathroom was fantasic on the cold mornings. I can't imagine being any more comfortable. After a day of wonderful hiking at Rialto Beach (the Hole in the Wall hike was invigorating!) or Third Beach, we'd come home to a nice meal and then a relaxing evening of Direct TV. Breakfasts were our favorite. While sitting down to our eggs and potatoes, we always saw eagles, herons, wrens. If you're a birder, this Resort is perfect for you! I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone who wants to explore the subtle and not-so-subtle beauty of the Olympic Peninsula. Forks is close enough for any grocery needs you might have, too, so even though you have a sense of being in the woods and on the river, you are also close enough to civilization to give you a sense of connectedness (if you need it!).

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite 6, on the corner, closest to the parking lot around back. Very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil S
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My best friend and I stayed here on our trip to Forks. this is our 3rd year in a row visiting the area and each year have stayed at different places! This was our favorite! We arrived late but the owner still came out to greet us as we pulled up, that was so nice!
Our apartment, that's definitely what it felt like, was spotless and nicely decorated! We had a living room with a small electric fireplace, kitchen and a nice size bedroom with 2 beds. We loved that the flat screen TV was in the bedroom as we could watch it while in bed at night! The bathroom is right there off the bedroom (in our room you walked into the bedroom to get to the bathroom) was decent size and the owners put out products by EO which were wonderful! They smelled great!
The grounds the resort are on are spectacular! The river was low on our visit, but was so scenic! right off of the resort are woods (as is all around the resort) and a trail! My friend and I walked it a bit, did not walk it all the way, so not sure how far it went, but it was beautiful, right along the river.
The resort is about 15 min. or so from the town of Forks. Up the street from the resort is the 3 Rivers Resort which has a small store and restaurant. We were able to go there one night and got some burgers and took back to our place. Super convenient!
Forks is such a beautiful area, if we return, will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We had a lovely stay here - we would love to return, complete with fishing gear. The apartment was very clean, well equipped, looked lovely, and was very comfortable. The view from our windows was delightful. The whole place was peaceful and very relaxing. We particularly appreciated the advice given so that we could arrange for our daughter to get back to SEATAC for her flight home. Top marks for local knowledge.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheridan H
Bruxelles, Belgium
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Small motel near a river and in the middle of forests. This is actually individual self-catering apartments, the service only provides cleaning and check-in check-out. The manager gave us the times of the tides and information on nearby beaches. The view of the garden and the river is really beautiful. Warning: do your shopping in advance because there is very little options closed to the motel (a restaurant and a shop that closed very early in the evening). You are surrounded by nature... Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple