“Good food, great view”

Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Forks
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: It's no secret that the Pacific Northwest is home to a vibrant culinary scene. And Creekside Restaurant is proud to be part of it, serving up fresh, local fare alongside breathtaking ocean views. Creekside's talented culinary team delights travelers of all ages with everything from breakfast favorites to seasonal seafood dishes to special events like wine pairing dinners. Whether you're recounting the day's adventures or fueling up for another exciting day, we think you'll enjoy Olympic National Park's signature dining experience. One way we're proud to distinguish ourselves is by showing that great meals and healthy dining experiences can, and should, be one and the same. We provide calorie counts on our menu and offer a variety of healthy meal options. Equally important, all meat, seafood, eggs, dairy, and produce we serve are free of hormones and steroids, and all our food is free of trans fats. Local sourcing is also very important to us. During the growing season, at least 60% of all our food and beverages are either sourced within 150 miles, are certified organic, or both. Even our wine selection is local - every wine we serve comes from the state of Washington. Operating in such a beautiful place, we know that our responsibility to our guests and to the environment extends far beyond our walls. We're a proud supporter of the National Park Service's Healthy and Sustainable Food Program. Creekside sources its seafood locally, and adheres to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch guides for sustainability. Other key sustainability efforts include providing our used fryer oil to a maker of biodiesel, sending food and prep scraps to a local farm to use as pig feed, only serving water to guests when requested and recycling. Creekside is honored to be a Certified Green Restaurant.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Had breakfast and it was very good. Coupled with a window seat to watch the scenery and great service made it a fun morning. We also ordered take-out desserts. They are award winning, with the trophies on the bar.

Evan_Tennant, Manager at Creekside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello Hal,
Thank You For The Great Review. We appreciate it very much. We are so glad that you joined us for breakfast, please come back again anytime!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We had breakfast here and were sat by the window overlooking the ocean. Jade took great care of us just as she did two years ago. The salmon in the scrambled eggs was smoked so it was too salty for me but the omelette my wife had was very good. Thanks Jade for making our visit nice.

Hello Huachucakid,
Thank you for the great review! We really appreciate it. We will make sure and pass your compliments along to Jade. We are sorry to hear that the smoked salmon was too salty, we have noted your experience and will see what improvements can be made. We hope you can make it back to see us again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at the lodge and despite the over priced menu we went down stairs to eat. The restaurant was pretty empty. The waitress did not know the menu and didn't even tell us what the specials were. My fiancé ordered a ceaser salad and I had the clam chowder. The salad was the worse salad either of us ever had and the chowder tasted like it was right out of a can. The staff in there didn't care as they were to busy taking pictures of them selfs. The only way to find out what they had on tap was to fog to the bar because the waitress had no idea. After telling the waitress twice that we did not want desert about 10 mins later we finally got our check.
So bad food bad service and over priced. We won't be returning.

Hello Erik,
Thank you for the detailed review. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the Creekside Restaurant with us. We are very sorry to hear you had a bad experience dining with us, all your comments have been noted. We will be working through them to see where improvements need to be made. The poor service and unacceptable food quality you experienced will be addressed. Thank you again. We hope that you make your way back to Olympic National Park again soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We moved to Forks not knowing anyone about 3 years ago. We initially stayed in every single motel while looking for a house. We relocated for my husband's job and after awhile we found this place.
A local business owner told me he loves this place. He and his wife enjoy rainy days here so we had to Check it out!
I didn't realize it was a "nice" dining establishment so I felt bad at first in jeans. The hostess was sweet and inviting. She made me feel comfortable and even gave us a little history info about the lodge.
The restaurant is on the first floor of the Kalaloch Lodge in the State Park.
The view is beautiful, you can sit right in the window and watch the ocean waves.
All that is amazing but here comes the food...
We came for lunch and ordered a house salad and fish and chips.
I was suprised and embarrassed when I ordered my salad and I just instinctively said, " Italian dressing" the waitress said that they actually have a homemade dressing but if I want to she can switch it. I went with the homemade of course and I'm glad I did.
The salad was only $5.00 so I wasn't expecting much but it was amazing! Full of interesting flavors and veggies.
The fish and chips were perfect and they homemade a tarter sauce that we think they should bottle and sell! The portions were very big so I had to bring some home. With the quality of the food verses the low price, I felt like we were taking advantage of them. Then you add in the amazing service and experience... it's the best place I've been to on the Peninsula. Absolutely picture perfect, good people, even the other customers were warm and nice. This older couple came up to us to visit with us and our 8 month old baby. They come to celebrate each anniversary here, and I think we will also!
So DO NOT come over to this part of the Olympic Peninsula and miss this awesome place.
It's truly a gem.

2  Thank Andrea R
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This restaurant is South of Ruby Beach inside the Kalaloch Lodge some 30 miles South of Forks.. We stopped in after visiting Ruby Beach the last Friday in December. They serve Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. We went in for a hot beverage and decided to eat lunch. They have a children's menu and a very nice lunch menu. My husband and grandson ordered hamburgers and I ordered a salmon burger. Burgers come with a choice of sides: fries, fruit cup or a small salad. Ask for a table near the circular windows, you'll have a better view of the creek. The wait staff is very accommodating and check back often to see to your needs. We had a great meal and loved the view. Our waiter said that the views of the Pacific Ocean during storm season are fantastic.

1  Thank sun&oil