“Quiet! Beauitful!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Manitou Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I read the Twilight books and have since always wanted to visit Forks, WA. There are a limited amount of options for lodging and reviews for each vary and balance out in my opinion. We were sold by the pictures from the website for the Manitou- it fit the image I had in my mind of what this place would be like. It was night time when we arrived and even though we couldn't see very well it was beautiful.

We stayed in the Eagle room which is on the detached cottage outside the main building. The lodge tried to sell my husband on booking the room with the fire place inside the house but I liked the thought of being detached with a little more privacy. After reading Pam S's review & a few others I am glad I made that choice. Since reviews are all about helping the owners improve, I wanted to be honest about our experience.

While we were in aw over the customer service, scenery, location and walking trail- I have to recommend that you update your accommodations a bit.

1. The breakfast you offered was comical. We had a square of some southwestern egg mixture with a side of picante sauce and sour cream. There was a small label that told us how long to heat up the egg on the plate. Also inside was a container with 2 pcs of bread, 2 blocks of butter, and 2 packs of jam. A small jug of orange juice- yogurt and raisin cereal. They provided a toaster and microwave to use. The next morning I decided to try it since there wasn't another option and it didn't taste very good. I had to stop after a few bites and stick to the toast and jam. You may not care to improve this but you should at least consider offering people different options since the location is so remote it would have been nice to wake up and have a good breakfast overlooking your beautiful property.

2. When my husband and I walked in we were under impressed with the style & decoration in the room. The curtains appeared to be sheets hung on the windows. I was scared to death to run the heater in the room in fear of catching the thin material on fire. It was either burning up if you ran the heat or freezing without it no in between. Everything could be updated by making a few changes and I don't see it costing too much. After seeing your main house and the deco-style and effort put into that...I was puzzled why our room felt outdated the way it was.

3. Would love to see more walking trails! :)

We will come back to stay at Manitou, the good WAY outweigh the bad and the bad really wasn't that bad honestly. Just update and give better b-fast options :)

I recommend this place to other travelers but be sure you either eat before you go to the lodge or have an ice chest and food with you. That way you are able to sit and enjoy the scenery without jetting out of there because you are starving to death :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BWoo84

Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife and I are most blessed in that we have traveled the world...and we ALWAYS use Tripadvisor when selecting highest quality, medium cost, B and Bs around the globe. Every October, we travel to the Olympic Peninsula and ALWAYS stay at this lodge. It is THE BEST...and the location is right...within minutes of two superior hikes, SECOND BEACH and RIALTO. The vaulted ceiling, tall fireplace, long table (a bowling alley lane) and music make for a fine evening.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The previous reviewer is not wrong that the decor is erm, eclectic. But then, please do recall that the entire region is a little out of the ordinary. Forks, LaPush and their intervening area are full of fog, moss and vampire hunters. Every visit to the area feels a bit like an episode of Twin Peaks and this quiet lodge down a dark road at the edge of the continent echoes that aesthetic rather nicely, IMHO.

The main lodge room was cozy and quiet with a big gas fireplace, coffee, tea and hot cocoa set up for guests and a large table for refreshments or board games.

I like the atmosphere but I have a dust allergy that was acting up. The room looked clean but it must be impossible to dust every single knicknack on a regular basis. Our room was situated just off the main lodge area and the walls were thin so we had to be careful to be quiet.

My husband and I feel uncomfortable at traditional B&B group breakfasts and we had a full itinerary for the day so we were quite happy with the "breakfast in a basket" provided for us. We could eat a quick meal then pack the rest for the trail so it was very convenient if nothing fancy.

We enjoyed our stay. We were concerned with noise levels and we did consider the place overpriced but it was definitely distinctive and we would certainly consider staying there again if we're in the area.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Over rated, over priced. Beautiful setting, dark night skies, but we may as well have been on a football field at night as the house lights were on all night. We stayed in Pocahontas, celebrating our wedding anniversary. (Warning: Better eat dinner before you come to the area as there is little beyond Pacific Pizza ((good pizza, but salad was brown).) Our room was small, cold, not at all plush with few towels. Husband itched all night on the sheets. Bed was too soft. Bathroom had a hole in the wall, covered by a sliver of log for the tp holder, walls needed repapering, cheap shampoo. Breakfast of carbs was in a small cube fridge for me to microwave each plate in the morning. Hubs was very disappointed as it was his gift to me. Coffee was made with teabags. Yuck!! Best thing was the roaring fire and collection of cds to play in common area. Save your money. We could have gone to Victoria and spent less, rested, had great coffee.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam S
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

My Honey booked us a cottage for the weekend, & my birthday. The facilities were clean, quaint, and surrounded by serenity. Can't say enough about the place and the folks running it.
After an exhausting but fabulous trek to Cape Flannery, we returned to the lodge for a hot cup of coffee by the fireplace. Marcie made us feel so welcome as if we were long time friends. We had a great time. We'll be back!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was a great place to truly experience the NW coast of Washington state. Our family stayed in the lodge itself in 2 connected bedrooms that shared a bathroom-- one room was very large with a table where we could all eat breakfast and the other room was very nice but smaller. There was also a patio. There's a very large great room with all kinds of games, books, music and a huge fireplace (sorry-- no TV). We spent a portion of each evening there. The lodge also offers cabins and tents and next time I think we would stay longer and rent a cabin. The innkeeper is very nice and it is all very relaxed. This is not for everyone-- if you want a standardized place to stay with TV, spa etc this is not your place. If you want a beautiful and quiet, comfortable place to contemplate the beauty of the Olympic rain forest, this is definitely it.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed in the Cedar Room for 3 nights in July. There was definitely mold in the bathroom and perhaps the carpet (odd odor, probably hard to avoid in the NW). Some windows and blinds were not operational.....signs were posted but they had been there for some time. That being said, the setting is lovely and we were very fortunate with the weather. I just wished that we had stayed at the Kalaloch Lodge; it is on the beach, not far from forks and has a wonderful restaurant. There are NO dining choices in Forks. The "breakfast basket" was a wire basket in the mini-frig with toaster waffles on 2 mornings. It just wasn't what we were looking for, my mistake for not researching it further.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple