“Just what we were looking for”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forks
Manitou Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 11 Forks B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin
“Just what we were looking for”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

A beautiful place to stay and use as a base for exploring the Peninsula. We were there in October, so a bit off season, and it was serene. The manager is friendly and takes good care of the place. We especially enjoyed the morning quiche.

2 Thank freelancer67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The lodge is very nicely decorated and comfortable. If every group was respectful, it could be lovely, but don't count on being that lucky. Noise travels through the walls like air, but some people just don't care. Other groups can take all the space around the fireplace all night long as if no one else paid to be there. If you schedule for a time you're the only ones there, you'll love it. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot. Breakfast is fine. It is prepared ahead of time and you microwave it when you are ready for it. That is, if the outlet can handle it. It took us 4 tries to get our breakfast heated up one morning. Location is great--just about 10 min to the beach, and maybe a half hour to the Hoh Rainforest Visitor Center.

1 Thank Michele P
USA-Oregon
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The owner was very nice and we did feel very welcome upon arrival. Main lodge itself is nicely decorated, and attention was paid to exterior grounds too.
The rooms, are nice, just about the right size - some mold issues in the bathroom, but not a surprise in the PNW and close to a rain forest.
However, do bring earplugs if you are staying in the mezzanine rooms. You will be able to hear other guests from below and talking in the main area... so noise insulation is not up to snuff...
The breakfast is ...cute and was enough, but not really a great deal for what you pay.
Double check if there will be groups in the main lodge during your stay - maybe we were just unlucky, and got a very rude Seattle’s French mixed family. Their group took over the main lodge, altought only a few were indeed staying in the main lodge, and remained loud, overtaking the main table and sitting areas all day, not really making the other guests comfortable. Maybe the owner is to blame here too, but for sure I will not return to this place, and do advice some caution and check with owner regarding having groups during your stay.
As the place seems to cater to groups, so you might find yourself squeezed out of enjoying the place - maybe we just got unlucky, and happen to just have an obnoxious unpleasant family at same time, but I will look somewhere else for my next stay

Location is very good - away from the road, close to the beach, and easy access to ONF
Sound proofing is bad
Breakfast it's ok
Decoration is lovely and quirky
Clean place
Very pleasant owner
A big downfall is catering to groups...
Recommended? ...not really

Room Tip: DO NOT choose the mazzanine rooms; DO NOT make a reservation without checking if there will be gro...
2 Thank NWPhil
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

we had this massive lodge in the woods to ourselves for a night. the massive ceilings, fireplace and quirky decoration were a highlight. the location in the middle of the woods in western olympic peninsula made us feel like we were really getting away from it all!

1 Thank petesprada
Bainbridge Island
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Manitou Lodge was a beautiful NW outing. The lodge charmingly, comfortably, and eclectically decorated. Our room was very comfortable and clean and the Inn keepers were most amiable and accommodating. Thank you for a nice get-away.

1 Thank Ech092
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I read the Twilight books and have since always wanted to visit Forks, WA. There are a limited amount of options for lodging and reviews for each vary and balance out in my opinion. We were sold by the pictures from the website for the Manitou- it fit the image I had in my mind of what this place would be like. It was night time when we arrived and even though we couldn't see very well it was beautiful.

We stayed in the Eagle room which is on the detached cottage outside the main building. The lodge tried to sell my husband on booking the room with the fire place inside the house but I liked the thought of being detached with a little more privacy. After reading Pam S's review & a few others I am glad I made that choice. Since reviews are all about helping the owners improve, I wanted to be honest about our experience.

While we were in aw over the customer service, scenery, location and walking trail- I have to recommend that you update your accommodations a bit.

1. The breakfast you offered was comical. We had a square of some southwestern egg mixture with a side of picante sauce and sour cream. There was a small label that told us how long to heat up the egg on the plate. Also inside was a container with 2 pcs of bread, 2 blocks of butter, and 2 packs of jam. A small jug of orange juice- yogurt and raisin cereal. They provided a toaster and microwave to use. The next morning I decided to try it since there wasn't another option and it didn't taste very good. I had to stop after a few bites and stick to the toast and jam. You may not care to improve this but you should at least consider offering people different options since the location is so remote it would have been nice to wake up and have a good breakfast overlooking your beautiful property.

2. When my husband and I walked in we were under impressed with the style & decoration in the room. The curtains appeared to be sheets hung on the windows. I was scared to death to run the heater in the room in fear of catching the thin material on fire. It was either burning up if you ran the heat or freezing without it no in between. Everything could be updated by making a few changes and I don't see it costing too much. After seeing your main house and the deco-style and effort put into that...I was puzzled why our room felt outdated the way it was.

3. Would love to see more walking trails! :)

We will come back to stay at Manitou, the good WAY outweigh the bad and the bad really wasn't that bad honestly. Just update and give better b-fast options :)

I recommend this place to other travelers but be sure you either eat before you go to the lodge or have an ice chest and food with you. That way you are able to sit and enjoy the scenery without jetting out of there because you are starving to death :)

3 Thank BWoo84
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife and I are most blessed in that we have traveled the world...and we ALWAYS use Tripadvisor when selecting highest quality, medium cost, B and Bs around the globe. Every October, we travel to the Olympic Peninsula and ALWAYS stay at this lodge. It is THE BEST...and the location is right...within minutes of two superior hikes, SECOND BEACH and RIALTO. The vaulted ceiling, tall fireplace, long table (a bowling alley lane) and music make for a fine evening.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family