“Wow! What a great addition to Whidbey Dining!”
Review of The Glass Alley - CLOSED

The Glass Alley
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: As of December 2015, Glass Alley Cafe under new management and chef! Enjoy classic Americana comfort food with fresh, Pacific Northwest character. The new chef brings a background in Louisiana flair, blended with the fresh, local bounty of Pacific Northwest. Stay up to date on our Facebook Page and website for upcoming events and seasonal menu changes!
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I've been to Glass Alley about 4 times now within the last several weeks, because, it is just plain delicious! So gourmet! I had a chardonnay chicken dish that was so flavorful, with a spatzle side that was the creamiest mac and cheese dish I've had in a long time. Oh, and the desserts! A raspberry pink lemonade cupcake one day, and a peppermint chocolate cupcake another. Both, a wonderful experience! Go!! Enjoy!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

A group of us went to have lunch at this new Italian restaurant - that friends had recommended - and we were NOT disappointed !

The food was delicious - and - the service was excellent !

We intend to return for dinner in the near future.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Long time islanders are always in search of a decent restaurant on the South end of Whidbey. We were nearby and had heard some good things about Glass Alley so we decided to give it a try. Glass Alley has enormous potential and we will give it another try in the future.

First impressions were excellent. The decor is very upbeat and inviting. Live music was setting up and played during our meal. I was disappointed the beer special showing on the overhead chalkboard was out of stock. With a chalkboard so easy to change I would not expect this to happen.

The table bread was good quality(although warmed in a microwave) and the garlic-herbed butter served with it was excellent. We had the Bruschetta ($7) as a starter. It was tasty but the bread was a little too crispy (black in several places). There was also not enough of it. I would expect more than 4 small slices for the price. My partner had the Northwest Salmon Ravioli Special ($24) which was very good. It had plenty of garlic and a nice smoky flavor. The only improvement would be if the pasta was a little thinner. I was very disappointed with the Greek Style Prawns($17). It just didn't work for me. I thought the 6 little prawns were overcooked, the polenta was bland, heavy and lacking imagination, the sauce was too spicy and overpowered the shrimp. I understand what the chef was trying to do but it just failed. Both entrees came with choice of soup or salad. My partner had the tomato soup which was excellent. The menu states it is a cup but it is really a bowl. I had a house salad which was ample sized and very fresh. It could have used a bit more dressing and more than one sliver of parmesan.

The service was very good, we were greeted and seated immediately. Water and bread was prompt. We did not feel like we were waiting for anything. All of the wait staff was very attentive.

This 3 star rating can easily be raised with very little effort and attention to detail in the kitchen. The food quality is there and the front of the house has it going on. I would recommend Glass Alley to anyone looking for something new on the Island.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Always on the lookout for a new restaurant in Freeland, we followed several neighbors' advice and ate at The Glass Alley. The Italian menu offered many choices and the meat balls we chose for an appetizer were incredible. The food was very flavorful, the service perfect and the house salad very fresh. We had a hard time choosing between entries at this great new restaurant but will be back to try more. If anything, we found the prices to be too reasonable and hope this delightful new addition to Whidbey Island can make a go of it!