“Wonderful Inn!!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Tillamook, Oregon
“Wonderful Inn!!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Reservation process was quick, easy and professional. When I checked in John/Jon checked me in quickly and without a problem even though I was early. My room was spotless, seriously SPOTLESS. Their housekeeping department deserves huge kudos for the great job they did. I was in a suite so there was a lot of space for them to clean. Bed was wonderfully comfortable, with tons of pillows. I lost track of time that evening and realized there was only 10 minutes left before the restaurant closed. I called down and the lady in the restaurant was more than happy to prepare something for me and acted as if there was plenty of time. It didn't phase her that I had called at the last minute to do an order. She was very friendly and mentioned that if I needed anything to just let her know. I was there for two nights, so on my second day as I was leaving I ran into Hayley a housekeeper. She was very friendly and more than happy to fulfill my requests for my room. Then I came back after a looong day and there was a little note from her to let me know she had provided housekeeping for my room and to let her know if I needed anything further. That second day was nice so I stopped by the front desk to see about recommendations for going to Seattle. Once again I encountered John/Jon who offered suggestions since it was a nice day (by the way the ferry ride was great thanks John). At check out I encountered a lady I had not seen yet, but as I had encountered with the rest of the staff she was very friendly and I was able to get on my way quickly. I asked if she'd email my bill and no problem it was there before I had checked my email at the end of my day. Needless to say this hotel was wonderful and I plan on returning if I am planning on being within an hour of the hotel. I didn't use any of the other amenities such as the pool or breakfast so I can't comment.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Mona S, Guest Relations Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear amie f,

Thank you for your review! I have passed your comments to the staff members that touched all the apects of your stay, they were so pleased.

So glad you got to take the ferry to Seattle, it is so quintessential Puget Sound and a must do for our visitors.

We welcome you back and look forward to seeing you again.

Mona Sarrensen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We've stayed here over Christmas several times now while visiting family in Gig Harbor. All visits were for a week. Staff is friendly and competent, rooms are comfortable and clean, continental breakfast is good, location is perfect for our needs. On this most recent trip we extended our stay once we got there--staff made the arrangements and was gracious about the whole thing. We will be staying again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mona S, Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear K H,

So glad to hear we've won your loyalty with our comfortable, clean rooms and good restaurant! It gives us all such pleasure to hear the laughter and conversation of our families who gather in the lobby to hang out together. When you combine our beautiful fireplace and gorgeous Christmas decor, it can't be beat! Thank you for caring enough to review us!

Very sincerely,

Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Inn at Gig Harbor is a wonderful place to stay. I remember a cold, snowy night. We couldn't travel anymore because of the road conditions and the airporter that dropped my niece at the The Inn couldn't even make it up the hill to the hotel. My mother was passing away at St Anthonys Hospital and my family needed a place to stay. Not only was The Inn at Gig Harbor conveinient with Airporter access and car rental ability, It was the Staff that made it a wonderful place to stay. Barb and I believe Lisa always made sure that we were ok. They comforted us and made sure that if we needed anything that they were always right there by our side. The breakfast was awesome and the restaurant had nice, caring, friendly servers always looking for a way to make your morning, better and easier. The car rental accomadations were excellent. When I explained the situation, they upgraded me to a larger car to be able to store all the luggages for my family in the trunk. Whatever we needed they provided. I would definitely reccommend The Inn at Gig Harbor. Patrick Camacho

Room Tip: If you need to have family members stay together, they have rooms with double queen beds available.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Patrick C,

Please let me express to you and your family our sincere condolences on the passing of your Mother. I have made sure Lisa and Barb are aware of your kind words about their care of you. You mentioned the SeaTac Airport Shuttle and Enterprise Car Rental, they are such a convenience for our guests who need to fly in for a situation such as yours.
We certainly welcome you back when you are in the Gig Harbor area.

Blessings,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our stay at the Inn not only met our expectations but far exceeded them! Professional and friendly staff at every venue. The facility is very clean and you get the feeling of a rustic lodge. Upon entering you just say wow! Their rooms are like home away from home. I would recommend this hotel to everyone that visits Gig Harbor. Truly a Five Star Hotel,

Room Tip: A room with a view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn W
Dear Lynn W,

How wonderful for you to tell us and the world that we "far exceeded you expectations." You certainly hit all the points that thrill the heart of hospitality people, we continue to strive to earn that! We will certainly welcome you and your family back, there is so much fun to be had in Gig Harbor.

Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Just stayed at the Inn for one night and was impressed by the warmth of the staff and reasonably good food. I stayed in a suite-style room. The bed was very comfortable with a nice duvet cover, new television, microwave and refrigerator (all rooms have a microwave and refrigerator I'm told), good water pressure in the shower, easy to use coffee maker with good coffee and decent closet and drawer space. Very convenient spot to get to and from SEATAC airport because the shuttle picks up there and it's only $30 round-trip. My only criticism (or I would give this Inn an extra star) is that the hotel could use a refresh in terms of decor. That said, the Inn is clean and overall a good value with great staff and good food. Finally, in reading another review here with a similar criticism, the hotel manager responded that a refurb is in the works.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mona S, Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Maureen E B,

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, it was a pleasure to serve you! Great to hear how much you enjoyed your room, especially the comfy bed, so important when you are traveling!!!
And, I am glad you read through the reviews and mentioned complete updating of all our rooms, we are so eager for our guests to enjoy the new look and amenities.
Thank you kindly for your review, we look forward to your return.

Mona
Coupeville, Washington
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We've never been to Gig Harbor before, and was pleased to have found this inn with everything you might expect. The service was very good and the room was very comfortable, clean had all we had hoped for. It was spacious, had comfortable beds, a Keurig coffee maker, and many nice touches. The morning continental breakfast was just enough for a nice simple buffet in their dining room. We'll stay here the next time we visit Gig Harbor.

Room Tip: Next visit we'll stay on the south side to avoid the nearby freeway.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear InnkeepersDandD,

What a pleasure reading your review, it is great to hear your room was all you hoped for and that you will be back with us again. That is about all we hope for! If you return this summer you will be able to experience our complete room updates.

We are grateful for your kind review,

Very sincerely,

Mona
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Inn at Gig Harbor is a very nice and clean hotel that me and my husband frequent often. The front desk is very nice and helpful. One thing we found oyt about the hotel is, the room 313 and 413 are set up lije a studio apartment, but bigger. There is a living room with tv and couch with a chair. King size bed and television as well. If your ever in WA, you have to go to the Inn at Gig Harbor. There is a restaurant and rental car services. Our church holds our Marriage Retreat there every year. Go and have a great stay.
Thanks,
The Elllis

Room Tip: 313 and 413 are good rooms. They also have rooms with Jacuzzis and fireplaces.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mona S, Manager at The INN at Gig Harbor, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Rhonda,

The staff is grateful that you posted a review about your stay with us. It seems we are becoming known as the retreat center, must be word of mouth that Gig Harbor is such a quaint and peaceful place to come. Thank you for pointing out how large our rooms are and by the way, we have 12 different styles to choose from.
Please let me meet you next time you are here for your retreat.

Blessings,

#3 of 28 in Tacoma
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,208 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel

Been to The INN at Gig Harbor? Share your experiences!