“Will never stay there again!”

The INN at Gig Harbor
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Gig Harbor, Wa
“Will never stay there again!”
Reviewed 1 August 2009

What a huge very expensive for the area dissapointment! 1st the place is over priced 189 per night which is more than what we paid for the Hilton in Bellevue, now that's a hotel.
My girls bed sagged so bad that they would lay down and sink. The carpet was FILTHY and stained badly not a little but a lot. The breakfast bar didn't open until 7 am which is not condusive to my husband who had to leave for work. When we arrrived at the bar (8:230) it was empty, we waited and waited and waited finally I got up and asked them to replenish the bar. I then decided to order from the menu rather than the bar since what they did replensish was very cheap and lame. I asked for coffee and still after 15 minutes no coffee, I then waited another 10 minutes after finally receiving my coffee to get the gal to come over for my order, only after I lifted up my menu to get her attention. I ordered and was then told that they were out of what I would like but if I could wait another 10 minutes they would have it ready. I told her no that is was ok I would pick something else. I then ordered another breakfast and then waited another 20 minutes to receive my food. This is terrible service. They did comp my breakfast, with out me asking but still there is no excuse for this terrible service. I must also mention in the time that they took to replenish the "breakfast" bar several family walked in sat down and then left because lack of service.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank happytrails2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Seattle
Reviewed 1 May 2009

I was hoping after looking at the Inn at Gig Harbor's website my overnight business stay would be relaxing and enjoyable. What made me sad was the fact the only thing nearby were strip malls and the freeway. I like to park my car and see what is around the area I am staying in and I had not been in Gig Harbor in years. I did not see any sort of Fishing Village any where by the hotel and I had to drive across the freeway and down the hill to get there according to the front desk person. I asked before I booked my room if there places to go by foot and they said "O yes" they must have meant the hotel bar. My room was ok, kind of a dressed up motel room and nothing Northwest about it and I did not see any "Craftsman" about the room like the hotel websites claims. The staff was friendly and the food was pretty good.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Campbell, California
Reviewed 15 January 2009

The Inn at Gig Harbor was such a pleasant experience for my husband, a co-worker and me. The location is great - easy access to the freeway/bridge, shopping, restaurants and close to the historic part of Gig Harbor. My husband and a co-worker stayed there for almost 3 weeks. The rooms are nicely furnished and very QUIET for busy, weary business people. The staff were very nice, accommodating with hats off to Van! The in-house restaurant was great and had a good variety of selections. We will definitely stay there again!

• Liked — Good restaurant in the hotel; very QUIET!
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Silverdale
Reviewed 24 August 2008

My husband and I wanted to do a couple of days get away and wanted a room witha a jacuzzi tub for two.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even though at times you had to wait on them for 10-15mins, since they momentarily stepped away.

The Restaurant breakfast was great, they gave you tickets to get a couple of dollars off menu items or the complimentary breakfast. We waited on the waitress for about 10 mins. before we got to order our food. The wait staff was not very attentive. The food however was great, my husband had the heritage breakfast with steak gravy and biscuits and I had the Pikes place omelette. Yummy!!!

The room was average, the carpet was not vacuumed, we called for a maid to service it. The bed was extremely uncomfortable to sleep in as it had a pillowtopper that keep slidding off of the mattress. It was comfortable if you just wanted to lie on it to relax, but not sleep. The bathroom was large with huge shower and the bath was great. I always brings my own cleaning supplies and it came in handy since the tile around the jacuzzi tub had mold spots. They didn't have room service per say, you called into the resturant and went down to pick it up. My husband loved his burger and I had the crab cakes ( it was okay) was a little pricey for the quantity of dinner.

Kings rooms are on the hwy side and someone keep knocking on the door and the people above us were stomping on the floor on our last night.

Hotel is not that wonderful for the price wepaid.

• Liked — Jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — bed
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
colorado
Reviewed 23 July 2008

We had a wonderful stay at the Inn. The staff was great, very helpful and friendly. We had a family suite which was very large and plenty of room for 4 of us. The beds were so comfortable and we had an oustanding view of Mount Ranier. Our room was on the front part of the Inn, the noise from the highway was minimal, certainly not a problem. The restaurant serves a wonderful breakfast in the morning. We will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The view of Mt. Ranier, the staff
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 6 April 2008

My husband and I spent one night at the Inn at Gig Harbor while visiting family nearby. We used to live in Tacoma across the Narrows Bridge, so wanted to see the area again. When my husband made the reservation he was told there were no rooms available with King beds, but when we arrived I asked and there was a room available. We were able to switch.
The Inn rooms are clean and have all the basic amenities, including complimentary bottled water (also apples at the front desk). The bed was ok, but not particularly comfortable. It was as some TA reviewers have said a bit hard.
The main issue we had was with noise at night. You can hear the doors slamming in the hallway...they close with a loud bang. We usually try to use the room AC fan to create "white noise" when in hotels but the fan in this room didn't make much noise. The room window looked out over a lower rooftop with air vents. The hotel is next to a freeway, with no nice views.
The desk staff were friendly, but tended to hang out in the back office. Once I had to ring a bell to get someone's attention at the desk while another customer and I were waiting to be helped.
The free continental breakfast is served in the main restaurant and it was a pleasant surprise, with sweet breads, fruit, juice, yogurt, coffee/tea, and some other choices. The waitress takes your orders and serves the table. She was very nice and chatted with us.

Overall I'd say the rooms are overpriced for what you get. With our AAA discount it was still around $130/night. Perhaps they can charge that for the Gig Harbor area, but we'll look elsewhere the next time we're visiting.

• Liked — Continental Breakfast
  • Disliked — Noise and price
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Northridge
Reviewed 2 January 2008

I visit my family in Gig Harbor every year during the holidays. This time I stayed at the Inn at Gig Harbor. The staff at the desk were cheerful and very helpful. My check in was quick and the amenities were well explained to me, such as the hours at the restaurant and the lounge. Although this was during Christmas holiday, I did not expect to be treated any differently. When I went in my room, I saw a nice wrapped gift and an envelope nicely hand written addressed to me. This package was a very nice surprise! It was very good too and got to take home a couple of souvenir! Thank you!

I will see you again next year!

• Liked — The Staff and its service
  • Disliked — No wireless
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank amazedbyu
Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel

Been to The INN at Gig Harbor? Share your experiences!