“Lovely place!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
SeaTac, Washington
“Lovely place!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My overnight at the Maritime Inn was wonderful. My room was well appointed with a small, cozy sitting area in addition to a most comfortable bed and charming fireplace. The Tides, the room I stayed in, is boardwalk level, across the street from the harbor, offering a wonderful view of boats arriving and departing as well as great people watching, as shoppers strolled by. The staff was warm and inviting, and the glass of wine given upon check-in was a pleasant added touch. I was surprised that they provided a continental breakfast, and the variety of items for this small, boutique-type inn was impressive. The Maritime is at the center of Gig Harbor, walking distance to a variety of good eateries and quaint shops. Being a latte drinker, I loved that a coffee shop is located next door, though one can find freshly-brewed coffee inside the Maritime Inn as well as a coffee service provided in my room. The 40-minute drive from Seattle took me to a quiet, restful, rejuvenating weekend, which seemed like hours away rather than minutes. Why didn't I do this before? I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This location in Gig Harbor is ideal, the service fabulous and with cozy rooms. There is no restaurant but you are in the heart of this quaint harbor town and lots of restaurants nearby. Just the nicest staff that goes out of their way to help. The fireplace in the room is such a nice touch. My bed was so comfortable. You can't go wrong - all is great!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Southworth, Wa
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We were so happy to find this place open with a room available on a snowy February night. We had returned to SeaTac Airport after a week in the Florida Keys. We thought we could make it, but the snow got heavier as we drove through Tacoma, and we decided to look for a place to stay in Gig Harbor. We found the Maritime Inn on the water near the center of town. We stayed in The Shenandoah, a room with a king size bed, a gas fireplace and a large jetted tub. And snacks and breakfast! Lovely.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 60sgal
Florida
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Maritime Inn over the Thanksgiving holidays and could not have been happier. The room was cosy with a fireplace to use if you got chilly. The staff was so very welcoming, offering us a glass of red wine on our arrival. The coffee in the morning was fantastic and there was fresh fruit and yoghurt if you wanted to skip the packaged pastries or cereal. The annual Turkey Trot kicked off early Thanksgiving morning, and it is such a fun way to start your day, watching all the runners and walkers with music and commentary by a very entertaining MC. We loved every minute of our stay and would highly recommend this lovely inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
San Juan Island, WA
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Having lived in Gig Harbor for many years, I never had reason to book a hotel there. Now that I've moved and just recently returned for a visit, I picked the Maritime strictly for the location, and without any research. I knew it would be nice, but as all the thoughtful details of service and decor became apparent, we became really enamored of the place. Upon check-in we were charmed by the cozy lobby, friendly greeting, and complimentary glass of wine. The Bay Island room we were in was very inviting, and had a great view of the Harbor's huge community Christmas tree. The fireplace is a lovely touch. The pictures on the walls are unique to each room (ours depicted the Bay Island steamer vessel in its heyday). Loved the selection of treats in a large basket for purchase (though we didn't indulge). Loved that the gal at the desk was able to furnish some toiletries we'd forgotten. Loved the robes, the comfy bed, and the shower curtain rod (the kind that arcs out and away to give you more room). The toiletry basket contained a mending kit, shower cap, and disposable makeup remover towellettes. That kind of obvious attention to detail puts this place above and beyond other more standard-type hotels. The complimentary continental breakfast is outstanding, with many interesting, tasty, and local, small-company options. Seriously, my only teeny-tiny complaint is that they only had a shampoo-conditioner combo, which never quite cuts it for my hair. And I was too content to really care by that point, it just surprised me to finally find a flaw in their program! Thanks for a great and too-short stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 6 December 2013

My Wife and I celebrated our anniversary at the Maritime Inn and what a wonderful experience it was. Besides the great breakfast and service and view, I most enjoyed the great bed/mattress! It was a four poster with the most comfortable mattress I had ever slept on. I am a doctor of chiropractic so of course I pulled the sheets up to see what kind of mattress we had slept on.

Thank you thank you for the great experience!

Dr Holmes

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Spokane Valley, Washington, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Enjoyed the stay, walked to most shops in town.
Very friendly staff and good continental breakfast.
Met us with a glass of wine when we checked in.
Great coffee shop right next door.
20% Dinner discount at Anthony's was a nice perk.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 through 4 are right on the main street and connect you to the community.