“Comfy pleasant retreat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Tacoma
“Comfy pleasant retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

My son and I wanted a getaway somewhere clean, safe, quiet, and near the water. The Maritime Inn has a pleasant retreat feeling. The room we had came with a spa bath and fireplace. We had the option to open the window for. Fresh air and the relaxing sound of seagulls,ca/c, heat, or fireplace warmth. The room was clean, shabby chic style, and the people that work here are wonderful! The area is great with shopping, sights, boats, kayaks, and restaurants to choose from. I have no complaints! Heck, i was greeted with a glass of wine upon arrival. Definitely recommending to my friends.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Our group was staying here for business meetings twice in the last month. We found the staff (and we have now been there enough in the last month to meet them all) to be friendly and available. Our room is generously appointed. Wireless is strong. The continental breakfast is generous, Though there is no seating, we congregated on the stairs. [And a great Washington State glass of wine selection upon check-in.] The heat is somewhat inconsistent, though opening up the window for the fresh air was a more than adequate solution. We plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: We like rooms 14,15 and 16. One of our partners prefers the rooms on the upper level in the main bu...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Salem Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I checked in with my teenage daughter and her friend. I was told they had a small room with a queen size bed. When the nice woman held the door open and looked in, she said to the inn keeper, there's only one bed. The inn keeper replied, that's their problem. The room was hot and stuffy. We ran the AC, but it was really noisy. When we told the inn keeper in the morning, she replied that it was probably due to the third person. The younger woman who helped us was very nice, the inn keeper was plain rude.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Graet
visittheharbor, General Manager at Maritime Inn, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
We are always happy to have our guests write a review of their visit to The Maritime Inn. It helps us to improve our service to all our valued guests. I was somewhat perplexed by this review and certainly very sorry that the guest thought I was rude in any way. All the staff works very hard to make sure we are welcoming and offer the best accommodations for each guest's situation. In this case, when the guest presented themselves for check in to the room they requested on the phone, I was concerned that the room would not be comfortable for three people. When I mentioned this, I was told that they would be fine. Part of their room package included a discounted rate and a bottle of wine which was delivered to their room. To my knowledge, the staff was not told of any problems or discomfort.

When the guest was checking out in the morning she told me the room had been very hot and that the air conditioner was noisy. I mentioned that it was probably caused partly by the pilot light in the fireplace, that does put out heat and possible also because there were three people in the room making it seem warmer. I work very hard to insure that each and every guest enjoys their visit but some things are out of my ability to change. I again apologize if the guest thought any of my comments were rude, they were certainly not meant to be. The Veteran Room is a small but very charming room that many guests specifically request. The Management.
SeaTac, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

My overnight at the Maritime Inn was wonderful. My room was well appointed with a small, cozy sitting area in addition to a most comfortable bed and charming fireplace. The Tides, the room I stayed in, is boardwalk level, across the street from the harbor, offering a wonderful view of boats arriving and departing as well as great people watching, as shoppers strolled by. The staff was warm and inviting, and the glass of wine given upon check-in was a pleasant added touch. I was surprised that they provided a continental breakfast, and the variety of items for this small, boutique-type inn was impressive. The Maritime is at the center of Gig Harbor, walking distance to a variety of good eateries and quaint shops. Being a latte drinker, I loved that a coffee shop is located next door, though one can find freshly-brewed coffee inside the Maritime Inn as well as a coffee service provided in my room. The 40-minute drive from Seattle took me to a quiet, restful, rejuvenating weekend, which seemed like hours away rather than minutes. Why didn't I do this before? I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This location in Gig Harbor is ideal, the service fabulous and with cozy rooms. There is no restaurant but you are in the heart of this quaint harbor town and lots of restaurants nearby. Just the nicest staff that goes out of their way to help. The fireplace in the room is such a nice touch. My bed was so comfortable. You can't go wrong - all is great!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Southworth, Wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We were so happy to find this place open with a room available on a snowy February night. We had returned to SeaTac Airport after a week in the Florida Keys. We thought we could make it, but the snow got heavier as we drove through Tacoma, and we decided to look for a place to stay in Gig Harbor. We found the Maritime Inn on the water near the center of town. We stayed in The Shenandoah, a room with a king size bed, a gas fireplace and a large jetted tub. And snacks and breakfast! Lovely.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 60sgal
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Maritime Inn over the Thanksgiving holidays and could not have been happier. The room was cosy with a fireplace to use if you got chilly. The staff was so very welcoming, offering us a glass of red wine on our arrival. The coffee in the morning was fantastic and there was fresh fruit and yoghurt if you wanted to skip the packaged pastries or cereal. The annual Turkey Trot kicked off early Thanksgiving morning, and it is such a fun way to start your day, watching all the runners and walkers with music and commentary by a very entertaining MC. We loved every minute of our stay and would highly recommend this lovely inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,035 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Downtown
Courtyard Tacoma Downtown

Been to Maritime Inn? Share your experiences!