“"There's no Place like home"”

Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments
Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Morton, Washington, United States
“"There's no Place like home"”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have stayed there three times and really have enjoyed myself with my family. I love the rooms they have differant themes and very clean. You cant beat the price . I feel it is worth the stay. The flower are very pretty in the spring and I really like walking down to the Farmer market - (Tacoma Boys) . I do not understand why this woman wrote that the rooms dont look like the picture because they are the picture of the rooms and everyone of them have its own theme and they put alot of thought into them. I say Kudos and keep up the great work.
Dawn T.

Room Tip: I like the lower room . If you like the bar seen the bar next door has great food.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Mistsofdawn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Portland
Reviewed 20 April 2012

VERY outdated and not as nice as it seems. I chose a room based on the pictures from their website, and boy was I surprised to see nothing from the picture! Not only was it a completely different (and rather downgraded) theme, but it reeked of a mix of dog and smoking. I thought it was a "No Smoking" motel, but from the tinted yellow walls I could see a some point that was not the case. I guess you get what you pay for, but c'mon! At least give us a chance to give make a correct choice rather than dolling up the rooms on the website only to be gravely disappointed when you arrive. I made it through the weekend, but this is not on my list for second stays or even a recommendation. The front desk service wasn't even friendly. The older gentleman who worked later in the day was quiet and helpful, but the older woman was a little harsh. Her attitude was apparent in every conversation and I felt as if she thought I was "up to no good." Maybe it's my young age, but I shouldn't feel belittled because of that. I'm just as much a valued customer as anyone else!
I think the real icing on the cake was the cop car coming to force someone out of a room that they overstayed their welcome in. I guess all I can say is, you never know what to expect with this place. I can't even believe it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy S
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Old and really tired. The queen bed was so old it actually bowed in the middle. We had paid and were stuck with two miserable nights sleep. Traffic noise was also a problem, Carpeting was old and dirty. They were nice, but this place needs a rehab.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 October 2011

You can tell the management trys to make this place nice. They have easy clean tv remotes and all rooms have a them. There is no air conditioner but they do give you a fan.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank NationalGeographic1
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The rooms were nautical themed with wonderful mattresses. Great price considering the comfort and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Front desk was very helpful.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank bigalsnow
san juan islands, washington state
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We loved the Westwynd.  It is a bit of old-fashioned Americana.  This nice place is not a cookie- cutter place.  They keep a very quaint garden with pretty flowers. Lovely rock work on the large outside walls.  The room was impeccably clean.  We left a tip for the housemaids.  Loved the very friendly front desk girl, Linda.  We have to go to Gig Harbor again next month and I rebooked a suite for 5 nights.  I recommend this cute place.  It's unique, clean, and affordable.  Too bad no hot tub though!

It is close to St. Anthony's Hospital if you need to go to see Dr. Mosbrucker the world renown Endometriosis surgeon. Thank heaven for her.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank lilyroses
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 November 2010

What a pleasant surprise. I really can't recomend this place enough. We had all the comforts of home and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Hotel Murano
Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront

Been to Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments? Share your experiences!