“Don't bother!”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Portland, Oregon
“Don't bother!”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We had to cancel our reservation after entering the rooms. The smell of cleaning products and mold was disgusting. This motel is dangerously toxic. The woman who was in charge was very understanding and did not charge us.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank wendy235

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Castle Rock, Washington
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I am sitting in a single room right now and this is the third time I have stayed here on business, and the first two times I stayed it was pleasant. This time is different. This place is definately old, and that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is taking a shower in a dirty bathroom with a clogged drain, then turning on the TV and it makes some crackly noises then quits working... then going to the office and the lady doesnt even try to offer to get me another TV or another room or anything, she just says "I hope your TV starts working again"... yea. Me too. That bothers me. I won't be staying here on my next trip this way, that's for sure. You may get lucky, but why chance it.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank cowlitzelectric
Orcas Island, Washington
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We took a chance with this motel, based on their pet policy. We figured a place with that sense of humor had to be tried. Our room was on the 2nd floor; although the decor hadn't been updated recently, the room was very clean and comfortable. It was obvious that the paint was new and management had added little touches to make the room feel cozy. There was plenty of hot water for the morning shower. Personally, I'd rather spend as little as possible on a room, leaving me with money to spend on my family. I will definitely stay there again and will recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jan M
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Excellent staff and management, clean and comfortable rooms, excellent location, easy to find. Well worth visiting again. Will be sending lots of business their way.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KootenayCountryInn
Morton, Washington, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have stayed there three times and really have enjoyed myself with my family. I love the rooms they have differant themes and very clean. You cant beat the price . I feel it is worth the stay. The flower are very pretty in the spring and I really like walking down to the Farmer market - (Tacoma Boys) . I do not understand why this woman wrote that the rooms dont look like the picture because they are the picture of the rooms and everyone of them have its own theme and they put alot of thought into them. I say Kudos and keep up the great work.
Dawn T.

Room Tip: I like the lower room . If you like the bar seen the bar next door has great food.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Mistsofdawn
Portland
Reviewed 20 April 2012

VERY outdated and not as nice as it seems. I chose a room based on the pictures from their website, and boy was I surprised to see nothing from the picture! Not only was it a completely different (and rather downgraded) theme, but it reeked of a mix of dog and smoking. I thought it was a "No Smoking" motel, but from the tinted yellow walls I could see a some point that was not the case. I guess you get what you pay for, but c'mon! At least give us a chance to give make a correct choice rather than dolling up the rooms on the website only to be gravely disappointed when you arrive. I made it through the weekend, but this is not on my list for second stays or even a recommendation. The front desk service wasn't even friendly. The older gentleman who worked later in the day was quiet and helpful, but the older woman was a little harsh. Her attitude was apparent in every conversation and I felt as if she thought I was "up to no good." Maybe it's my young age, but I shouldn't feel belittled because of that. I'm just as much a valued customer as anyone else!
I think the real icing on the cake was the cop car coming to force someone out of a room that they overstayed their welcome in. I guess all I can say is, you never know what to expect with this place. I can't even believe it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy S
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Old and really tired. The queen bed was so old it actually bowed in the middle. We had paid and were stuck with two miserable nights sleep. Traffic noise was also a problem, Carpeting was old and dirty. They were nice, but this place needs a rehab.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Hotel Murano
Hotel Murano
#3 of 28 in Tacoma
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,221 reviews

Been to Westwynd Motel, Suites & Apartments? Share your experiences!