“A beautiful retreat for a much needed getaway!”
Review of Waterfront Inn

Waterfront Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Gig Harbor
Bainbridge Island
“A beautiful retreat for a much needed getaway!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

From start to finish my husband and I had a wonderful time at the Waterfront Inn. We were greeted immediately by Sue the manager of the Inn. She is warm, helpful and very open to any questions we had. We honestly had no idea this place would be so charming, peaceful and beautifully furnished. All the touches of a home in our room and we loved it!
The other wonderful thing was we were able to bring our boat to the waterfront dock and keep it there while we stayed. This will be our 1st choice when returning to Gig Harbor and we will recommend to friends visiting the area! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michele539

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We spent a delightful week for our 25th anniversary enjoying scenic and serene Gig Harbor. The Waterfront Inn was the perfect place for us. The room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. The Inn keepers were right there any time we had a question and graciously provided what ever we needed. I was struck by how quiet the harbor was every night. Just peaceful calm. The view from our room (The Admirals Suite) was stunning. The local restaurants were very good and just a short walk down the street. A couple offer discounts for Inn guests. We enjoyed the spacious deck to renew our wedding vows and for sitting while the sun went down. Gig Harbor is small and has a few nice shops. Everything we needed we easily found in the surrounding communities. It's just over an hour from SeaTac airport and an hour and a half from Mt. Ranier. Wewillbe back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davidlapaz
Stevenson, Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The Waterfront Inn was everything we were looking for and MORe! The bed was comfortable, the place was spotless and the view was amazing. The deck over the water was perfect. It is right on the water and is perfect for a romantic getaway. We also loved the hosts. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Every room is perfect here.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KGB3lockwood
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The other recent reviews are spot on. Felt recharged soaking in the fine room and unforgettable view! The innkeepers will offer great service or be invisible if your prefer. A short walk to a good breakfast or dinner restaurants.

Room Tip: Some steps to the lower rooms, but worth the walk!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Umatilla
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was such a treat....right on the harbor.....rooms are not large but very accomodating....when it's warm you can sit right on the dock watching the boats and birds.... when it's chilly you can open the french doors, turn on the fireplace and spend the evening staring off into "Heaven"....small seal, as well as two bald eagles and a heron kept us entertained with our morning coffee. Just a wonderful little place to visit..... would not recommend to anyone that has trouble walking up and down the step slope into the driveway...not sure if the upstairs rooms would be easier or not....and no idea what the view is from there....

Room Tip: Any of the 4 waterfront rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was one of those who discovered the charming, quaint and post-card worthy Waterfront Inn through the wonderful world of Groupon. I booked a two night stay for the "Boathouse", with a view looking directly out onto the harbor. I have to say, this was exactly what I was looking for and I had a very relaxing stay. Sue and Gary, the innkeepers, went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied -- Gary even picked me up and dropped me off at my bus/shuttle stop about two miles into town! My favorite part of the Inn was the quaint little backroom, stocked with coffee, tea, DVDs, books, magazines, and popcorn. Having freshly brewed coffee ten steps from where I awoke is always nice ;-) Bed was very comfortable; I slept like a baby. And I spent many hours lounging out on the dock, which has chairs and tables for relaxing and reading. There are kayaks to use (free of charge) as well, and the Inn is walking distance into the downtown area -- although there are a string of restaurants and breakfast places right in walking distance (you get a discount at a couple of them for staying at the Waterfront Inn) -- and a local Market that is open late, 5 minutes away (I recommend the sandwiches). All in all, if you are looking for a place to get away, Gig Harbor operates on a different wavelength than most places, one that left me recharged. When I return, I will definitely be staying at the Waterfront Inn. Highly recommended. The views alone are killer.

Room Tip: I recommend the Boathouse, where I stayed.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 11Noah_P11
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Having stayed in Gig Harbor several times before this is my favorite. The location is great as you can walk to some of the places in the Gig Harbor area as this place in on the edge of the north part of the harbor. The Inn is quaint, quiet and very well kept. The innkeepers Sue and Gary are very nice and helpful a lovely couple. We chose the Admirals Suite when we stayed and the view of the Harbor from the room was excellent (see pictures). The Inn is a converted 1918 home and they did a wonderful job, we found the room to be very comfortable and relaxing. If you enjoy relaxing with a morning cup of coffee, looking out the window at a nice view and getting lost in present, this is pretty nice place to do it. We liked it so much that we are staying here again next week.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water, relax and take in the views. Walk across the street and down less than...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Lakewood
Maritime Inn
Maritime Inn
#3 of 5 in Gig Harbor

Been to Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!