“Beautiful property, friendly owners, great experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gig Harbor
Bear's Lair Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Gig Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This was a beautiful little B&B. My girlfriend and I stayed here to get away for the weekend, and we were very happy. The owners were extremely friendly and even upgraded our room for us since they didn't have a full house. We were upgraded to the Rose Room, which was very nicely decorated, with a big bathroom and comfy bed. The overall atmosphere is very relaxing and the breakfast served the next morning was delicious. The owner, Jenn, even leaves out homemade sweets in the dining area for you. The location was not as 'in the woods' as I was expecting, but it was quiet and surrounded by trees. The gazebo that lights up at night was very pretty. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LL7373

Reviewed 26 December 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Rose Room a couple months ago and we could not have been happier. The room was quite beautiful - everything seemed perfectly placed. When we went out, the owners came in and neatly arranged the blankets and pillows on our bed and even picked up some clothes I had left on the floor (so they wouldn't get stepped on!). These owners really care about their guests and do not hesitate to make the stay as perfect and delightful as possible. I would highly recommended the Bear's Lair Inn to anyone looking to have some relaxing and enjoyble R&R.

-Brianne and Elliott -- Bellevue, WA

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brianne S
Reviewed 5 September 2011

When we drove up the main house and grounds looked like a fairy tale. We really enjoyed our night at the Bear's Lair B&B. The carriage house has a full kitchen, large bedroom, murphy bed in the living room, laundry room, everything you could want. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the little sunroom off of the deck. The hostess is warm and friendly. Location is a short drive to Gig Harbor. We wish we could have stayed longer. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Carriage House is quiet & secluded.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank justhavnfun
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is a wonderful B&B, well appointed and excellant breakfast. The owners, Jenn and Julio, are great people and we enjoyed them as much as we enjoyed the place. Oh, and not to forget Buddy, the most affectionate pal who wags his tail and welcomes their guests.

I would definitely recommend this place and would return whenever I am in the Seattle Area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This is one of the loveliest bed and breakfasts we have ever enjoyed. Jen is so friendly and helpful and the breakfast was superb. Bears Lair is a few miles north of Gig Harbor and is a convenient location for visiting any of the areas on the lower part of Puget Sound. It's also easy to get to Seattle from here, using the hourly Bremerton Ferry. All of the lengthier reviews posted earlier by others are completely accurate!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Stayed at the Bears Lair B&B a few years ago while searching for a home in Gig Harbor. Jen and Giulio owners have created and built this beautiful B&B 13 years ago.
Giulio is a master craftsman and Jen is s fabulous cook and gardener. And we can't forget "Buddy" ...official Bears Lair greeter for the last 13 years! Buddy is loved by all the guest and he even receives Christmas cards.
I loved the beautiful surroundings and enjoyed the fabulous breakfast created by Jen.
I would highly recommend Bears Lair B&B ( Three Star Rated by AAA ) .

Jean

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I'd toyed with the idea of joshing, "Don't go!" simply because there is no place else I can think of staying for my planned return journeys to Gig Harbor and I am so darn selfish I want to make sure there's room for me. That confession out of the way, I can do nothing but echo the praises already present. The grounds are glorious: Jen and Giulio have carved their little haven out of the woods and it is beautiful. Even old Buddy wags his tail with a warm welcome, he being of course their 14-year-old mascot golden retriever. I'm not a "dog person" and even I loved Buddy!

Aside from physical aesthetics, the heart-full touches from Jen & Giulio cannot be praised loudly enough. I'm rather shy at times and would be immensely ill-suited for the B&B business. Jen and her husband are really REALLY nice. They're really REALLY welcoming. If I crow any more loudly I'll sound like a cartoon, even to myself.

If you're headed to that portion of the Peninsula, call 'em. Book a room, any room. You will be glad!

Room Tip: Just talk to Jen - she's a dream.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business