Best Western Wesley Inn & Suites
The INN at Gig Harbor(Gig Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$136
US$140
Maritime Inn(Gig Harbor)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbest westernsthe breakfast areapotatoeshot breakfasttrolley stopfrench toastfirst floorgreat place to staycomfortable roomsvery nice hotelvisiting familynice breakfastnice stayfront desk staffoatmealenjoyed my staythe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2008

Stayed here for one night on our way from Vancouver, BC to Cannon Beach, OR. I found all the reviews already written to be accurate.

The lobby/breakfast area is very nice with a great, big fireplace. We stayed here the night of Jan 1st, so it was very quiet. Breakfast was very decent - bagels, toast, muffins, yogurt, cold hard-boiled eggs, four types of cereal, instant oatmeal, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, apple juice, orange juice, cranberry juice, 2% milk and even soya milk.

The fresh cookies in the lobby were awesome. My brother and his wife had a separate hotel room and they actually had fresh cookies in their room. Almond roca was also in the room as it's made in Tacoma. The hallways were dark, but the king-sized bed was comfortable, the room extremely spacious, and everything was exactly as you would expect at one of these mid-end chain hotels.

We were traveling with our 16-month-old, and paid $10 for a crib. The crib is one of those tiny cribs, so I didn't really think it was worth the price, especially if you have a KidCo PeaPod or some other travel bed.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2008

This is a great hotel. I stay here when working in Tacoma, even though I can get decent accomodations closer to my office for less. Nice rooms with very comfortable beds. Great staff. Clean comfortable place.
I would not stay here for a honeymoon, but I would for a romantic weekend getaway.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2007

This suppose to be a 3 star by AAA. Dark and dingy interior hallways, old furnishings, lack of overall maintenance inside and out. Location near highway. Should stay down by harbor.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank ArchTrekker
Reviewed 3 September 2007

I am generally of the view that chain/franchise hotels, other than resort destinations, are generally all alike -- if there are no problems, and it's clean, that's about all one hopes for. The Wesley Inn, however, stood slightly above the many HamptonInns/Courtyards/HolidayInn Expresses/BestWesterns I've stayed in over the years. (The 4 rating reflects comparison to the "genre," but why quibble...)

We were in Gig Harbor to visit family, so what we wanted was a quiet place to retreat to in the evenings, with clean and comfortable rooms. The Wesley Inn was perfect. We booked a "suite" so our son could have a room to himself -- the room was laid out much like those in the Embassy Suites, with a separate bedroom and den, the latter with a hide-a-bed. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, wet bar, 2 flat screen tvs, and a balcony. With the complimentary continental breakfast in the morning and free pass to the gym next door, it was just what we were looking for. The staff was kind and helpful, the housekeeping service was stellar, and the location was perfect. Gig Harbor is a delight -- cafes, shops, great walking, and a sheer physical beauty from every vista that is hard to top. (The "viewpoint" at the north end of the harbor looks right across the region to Mt. Rainier, and on a clear day, it's spectacular.) I highly recommend this hotel if you've got time to spend or relatives to visit in Gig Harbor.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank ScottDC
Reviewed 28 August 2007

Check in was a breeze, the staff were very friendly during our stay.

The rooms were nice and clean, great shower! The bed linens weren't as soft and comfy as I would have like but I have been spoiled by the Westin's "Heavenly Bed"!

The work out facility was not attached to the building, it was part of a physical therapy clinic so it also had limited hours. That's okay because the hotel is located on a big hill so you will get plenty of exercise just walking into town. It is not a short walk so be prepared for a work out! You definitely need a car to get around, we were visiting relatives so they drove us around. Also, there is no shuttle to the airport from the Wesley Inn. You need to get over to the Inn of Gig Harbor to catch it and reservations are needed!

The best part of the hotel was the free breakfast in the morning and the fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. I also liked having the fridge and microwave in the room! It was too cold for the pool so I can't comment on that!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends