“If this is your only choice....”

Mountain View Diner
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Gold Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

I hate writing these reviews, but I hate the thought of other people having a similar experience. We stopped here for breakfast on our way over the Pass as we were running out if options. I ordered the corned beef hash which was about 80% potato and 20% corned beef. Wife had chicken fried steak, which was from the freezer and deep fried. Hash browns were way undercooked. Toast was way overcooked. I had to ask the waitress for a coffee refill, which is always a bad sign for breakfast. All in all, a very bad start to our trip up to leavenworth. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stopped by for lunch after a day hike. Classic diner menu and decor, tho' more recently implemented than most. I had a blackberry cobbler which was terrific; my friend had a BLT which came with a raft of fries. Prices what you might expect from a place on a prime tourist route, service fine.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

As a Twin Peaks fan, traveling in the area to see Snoqualmie Falls, I half expected someone to tell me this place had "damn good coffee!" I don't now about the coffee, but the sandwich I had was good and the fries were great.

Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Pretty much the standard fare of the standard american roadside diner with some mondo meals named for local tourist attractions ie: 'Bigfoot burger'. All in all food ranges from decent to pretty good. Their deserts on the other hand, made on location, deserve some attention, as well as a cup of coffee.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Excellent full breakfast. Fresh eggs, perfect buttermilk pancakes, great link sausage. Warm syrup from a clean non sticky container. Very good coffee, medium roast, smooth, and refilled often. Recently remodeled. Clean. Prompt service.