“Oh My - Drive Right On By”
Review of Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Goldendale
Renton, Washington
“Oh My - Drive Right On By”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and ordered the chicken strip basket with 2 extra gravy containers, for us to share. The young man we placed our order with, seemed distracted. We paid for our order, he gave us a receipt, my husband put the receipt in his wallet and we went to sit down.

I had to get napkins and get them wet with water from the soda machine to wash our table myself. The entire restaurant was yuky dirty - it was 11:15 a.m. when we arrived. I am positive of the time because the check out time at our hotel was 11:00 a.m. and we had just left the hotel.

I doubt that we had just missed the lunch rush! I can not explain the dirty condition of the restaurant.

My husband walked over to pick up our order - and was handed a shrimp basket. The boy my husband placed the order with blamed the cook and began to yell at the cook.

My husband got his receipt out of his wallet and it said SHRIMP ! The boy was distracted, the boy did put in shrimp... It was not the cooks error, it was the boy who rang us up who made the error. No thank you Dairy Queen shrimp ok. My husband and I DID order chicken strip basket w/extra gravy.

Eventually they brought over the chicken to our table. There was only one container with our food, but it wasn't gravy - it was slaw. He had to go back up and wait forever for them to get the gravy and by the time he got back to the table with our gravy our chicken was cold.

Then we ordered ice cream. Oh my gosh!! Such a mistake... I ordered a Hawaiian Blizzard and my husband ordered a Turtle Pecan Cluster Blizzard. Again, we waited an extremely long time for our order. There were two ladies behind us. They got their order before we got ours. Finally, they gave us our two blizzards, but they both were all melty and more like shakes. Seems they forgot to give them to us and they melted. Then when my husband went to eat his there were no pecans in it (Turtle Pecan Blizzard with no pecans?). When he asked them about it, they told him that they were out of pecans so they substituted with peanuts. WoW! Good thing he isn't allergic to peanuts huh?

So like I said, Drive Right On By