“Don't stay here”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Goldendale
San Francisco, California
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We stayed here on a recent 2 week road trip and it was by far the worst accomodation we had and nearly the most expensive. During our trip we stayed at much nicer places for less money. Included breakfast was uninspiring and basic. The room was sparten. No extra towels. The only good things I can say are (1) it is the only motel close to Maryhill Museum (worth a visit) and (2) the receptionist was pleasant and she sent a fax for me at no charge.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank farleysmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We had a very good experience . The staff were very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Our experience here was very good. Check in was easy, and the staff was knowledgeable. We asked about where to eat in Goldendale, was told about 5 restaurants. From those we decided on the Sod Busters restaurant and it was excellence.
The rooms were ready, clean and had no major problems. Next time I stay in Goldendale, I will be back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2008

Had to stay here one night for business, and was bored out of my mind! There's not much to do in this town, so I really counted on either good tv or internet. The internet did not work in this hotel! The tv wasn't great either, and there was no fitness room. Thank goodness my cell phone worked as that was my sole source of entertainment!

My room was small, worn, and had no redeeming features other than it was clean. It was somewhat noisy and I didn't appreciate that the doors open directly to the outside so that security is low, but I suppose the crime rate in such a small town is low too. Also, no breakfast at all. However a McDonalds is within walking distance.

Not many hotel options in this town, but I hope I don't have to come back. Overall, low value for the money.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Internet didn't work
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Goldendale hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 July 2008

I reserved a room 3 mo in advance for two days to enjoy the BB King concert weekend at Maryhill. When I called to say I would be late to arrive, they said they do not have any record of my reservations. Thanks for nothing! Leave it up this cheap Hotel / Inn in the middle of nowhere to mess it up.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff are clueless
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jack97204
lvoregon
Reviewed 5 July 2008

We use to come here when it was called the fare view hotel, and were suprised with the changes that tquality inn has made. The room we were given has a living room with a very comportable couch and big tv. And a kitchen with a refrigerator/freezer, stove, microwave, and a few plates and glasses. And the bedroom is in its own room with a tv, desk, and window with a view of the mountain. The front desk clerk was amusingly befuddled, but eventully got us checked in. He made a slight mistake with our AAA discount, but called us in our room to clearify that he went ahead and took care of it. This hotel is a little high in price but worth the stay for the view, the town, and the beautiful horses next door.

• Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 15 September 2007

I stayed here one night and got as requested a room upstairs -with a gorgeous view. Quiet farmland with snow capped mountains in the distance. Mt. Hood to the left and I guess it was Mt. Adams to the right. Since it wasn't as hot as usual, I nearly froze when I walked into the room from the a/c blasting. So, I turned it off and opened the window wide. Nice fresh air.
This motel used to be the FarVue Motel, which I'd stayed in previously. They've cleaned it up but it's still a bit old. However, the front desk is up to date and the service is excellent.
I went downstairs to the attached restaurant. I do NOT recommend it. So convenient but terrible service. I ordered a sandwich to go, so I could relax in my room and look at tv while I ate. It seemed a chore for them to wait on me. Then I had to ask for a plastic fork since I was having salad, and napkins.
Next morning I had in-room coffee. Nice to have a coffee pot at hand, but kind of wierd because the vanity area isn't big enough for the pot. So you do what I did, which is have the cord dragged across the sink.
I walked across the parking lot to Mc Donalds for breakfast and brought it back to my room.
All in all, it's a good place to stay. Large room furnished nicely. Quiet.

1 Thank extranan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goldendale
Ponderosa Motel
#5 of 9 in The Dalles
Three Rivers Inn Biggs
Three Rivers Inn Biggs
#1 of 1 in Biggs Junction

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale? Share your experiences!