“Well run establishment and friendly staff”

Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Goldendale
Seattle
“Well run establishment and friendly staff”
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Our rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, the staff friendly, and the free breakfast included waffles, boiled eggs, fruit, cereals, juices, coffee, etc. The area was quiet at night. The view from our window gave us a great view of Mount Adams and Mount Hood--though the area below our window was just dry grass and some older houses and farms. I view the other motels in the town--was not impressed. The motel also had a medium sized out-door pool--it was well kept.
The food at the nearby Sod Busters Restaurant served very tasty and plentiful meals.
If the night is clear, be sure to visit the Goldendale Observatory State Park (http://www.perr.com/gosp.html ) a few minute drive from downtown. Great views of the planets and stars. Also, a real gem is the local Klicitat County History Society Museum (http://www.museumsusa.org/museums/info/1157809 ) It is housed in a beautiful Victorian mansion, once owned by a local cattle baron. It contains much of the original furniture, equipment and much more. Another place nearby (south on the Columbia River) is Maryhill. It has a full scale replica of Stonehenge and a mansion built by Sam Hill that now contains 80 works by the French sculptor Auguste Rodin and many other art works. The museum was dedicated by Queen Marie of Romania in the 1930s. ( www.maryhillmuseum.org )

Room Tip: The rooms on the rear, second floor have an excellent view of Mts. Adams & Hood.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Paranam113

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Perfect accomodations for our Harley road trips. Service was exceptional. Rooms were clean and comfortable

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We stayed here on a recent 2 week road trip and it was by far the worst accomodation we had and nearly the most expensive. During our trip we stayed at much nicer places for less money. Included breakfast was uninspiring and basic. The room was sparten. No extra towels. The only good things I can say are (1) it is the only motel close to Maryhill Museum (worth a visit) and (2) the receptionist was pleasant and she sent a fax for me at no charge.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank farleysmom

Travellers are raving about these Goldendale hotels

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We had a very good experience . The staff were very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 5 August 2009

Our experience here was very good. Check in was easy, and the staff was knowledgeable. We asked about where to eat in Goldendale, was told about 5 restaurants. From those we decided on the Sod Busters restaurant and it was excellence.
The rooms were ready, clean and had no major problems. Next time I stay in Goldendale, I will be back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2008

Had to stay here one night for business, and was bored out of my mind! There's not much to do in this town, so I really counted on either good tv or internet. The internet did not work in this hotel! The tv wasn't great either, and there was no fitness room. Thank goodness my cell phone worked as that was my sole source of entertainment!

My room was small, worn, and had no redeeming features other than it was clean. It was somewhat noisy and I didn't appreciate that the doors open directly to the outside so that security is low, but I suppose the crime rate in such a small town is low too. Also, no breakfast at all. However a McDonalds is within walking distance.

Not many hotel options in this town, but I hope I don't have to come back. Overall, low value for the money.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Internet didn't work
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 July 2008

I reserved a room 3 mo in advance for two days to enjoy the BB King concert weekend at Maryhill. When I called to say I would be late to arrive, they said they do not have any record of my reservations. Thanks for nothing! Leave it up this cheap Hotel / Inn in the middle of nowhere to mess it up.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff are clueless
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jack97204
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goldendale
Ponderosa Motel
#5 of 9 in The Dalles
Three Rivers Inn Biggs
Three Rivers Inn Biggs
#1 of 1 in Biggs Junction

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale? Share your experiences!