“Wish there were more choices in town.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale

Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Goldendale
Washington
“Wish there were more choices in town.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2008

Had to stay here one night for business, and was bored out of my mind! There's not much to do in this town, so I really counted on either good tv or internet. The internet did not work in this hotel! The tv wasn't great either, and there was no fitness room. Thank goodness my cell phone worked as that was my sole source of entertainment!

My room was small, worn, and had no redeeming features other than it was clean. It was somewhat noisy and I didn't appreciate that the doors open directly to the outside so that security is low, but I suppose the crime rate in such a small town is low too. Also, no breakfast at all. However a McDonalds is within walking distance.

Not many hotel options in this town, but I hope I don't have to come back. Overall, low value for the money.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Internet didn't work
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2008

I reserved a room 3 mo in advance for two days to enjoy the BB King concert weekend at Maryhill. When I called to say I would be late to arrive, they said they do not have any record of my reservations. Thanks for nothing! Leave it up this cheap Hotel / Inn in the middle of nowhere to mess it up.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff are clueless
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jack97204

Travellers are raving about these Goldendale hotels

lvoregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2008

We use to come here when it was called the fare view hotel, and were suprised with the changes that tquality inn has made. The room we were given has a living room with a very comportable couch and big tv. And a kitchen with a refrigerator/freezer, stove, microwave, and a few plates and glasses. And the bedroom is in its own room with a tv, desk, and window with a view of the mountain. The front desk clerk was amusingly befuddled, but eventully got us checked in. He made a slight mistake with our AAA discount, but called us in our room to clearify that he went ahead and took care of it. This hotel is a little high in price but worth the stay for the view, the town, and the beautiful horses next door.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Petaluma, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2007

I stayed here one night and got as requested a room upstairs -with a gorgeous view. Quiet farmland with snow capped mountains in the distance. Mt. Hood to the left and I guess it was Mt. Adams to the right. Since it wasn't as hot as usual, I nearly froze when I walked into the room from the a/c blasting. So, I turned it off and opened the window wide. Nice fresh air.
This motel used to be the FarVue Motel, which I'd stayed in previously. They've cleaned it up but it's still a bit old. However, the front desk is up to date and the service is excellent.
I went downstairs to the attached restaurant. I do NOT recommend it. So convenient but terrible service. I ordered a sandwich to go, so I could relax in my room and look at tv while I ate. It seemed a chore for them to wait on me. Then I had to ask for a plastic fork since I was having salad, and napkins.
Next morning I had in-room coffee. Nice to have a coffee pot at hand, but kind of wierd because the vanity area isn't big enough for the pot. So you do what I did, which is have the cord dragged across the sink.
I walked across the parking lot to Mc Donalds for breakfast and brought it back to my room.
All in all, it's a good place to stay. Large room furnished nicely. Quiet.

1 Thank extranan
Portland Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2006

I loved staying here a couple of nights...It was very comfy the staff was very helpful and right on top of it, when the air conditoner broke and it was 95 degrees outside.
The pool was nice and cool, the room was spotless, the bed was a little on the firm side but otherwise it was comfy.
I was so impressed that I ended up staying another night!
If you want a nice hotel to stay in while visiting the great city of Goldendale washington then you have to stay here, I do
Sarah,
Portland Oregon

• Liked — That the staff was friendly and helpful and the scenery
  • Disliked — Nothing to complain about
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to the Goldendale obseveratory and museum while staying here
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled solo
2 Thank sarah_cat75
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2006

We stayed one night at the Quality Inn. We stayed on a Monday night and selected the suite (king bed, jacuzzi tub, couch, mini refrigerator and microwave) We found the room to very clean. The hotel has had some recent changes and upgrades. New carpet, bedspreads and paint. While I am not big fan of jacuzzi tubs, it too was very clean and inviting. The room was very welcoming after spending a day in the Columbia Gorge sight seeing, wine tasting, and shopping. The view of Mt Adams from our room was as good as it gets...spectacular!! Very impressed and will stay again.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2006

We had a clean, spacious room with a large window from which we could see both Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams. Large bathroom with 2 sinks and "soft" tissue. Advertised Internet service was dial-up only. No breakfast. Front desk clerk kept me waiting while she took phone call after phone call.

4 Thank Elphaba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goldendale
Ponderosa Motel
#5 of 9 in The Dalles
Three Rivers Inn Biggs
Three Rivers Inn Biggs
#1 of 1 in Biggs Junction

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale? Share your experiences!