“Love This Place!”

St John's Monastery & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Goldendale
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I have been a fan of the body creams for ten years and have just ordered them online. When I had the chance to stop here, I was thrilled. We had lunch (moussaka and a gyro) and it was delicious. Wonderful little restaurant/shop with beautifully-created items nearly all of which are made by the 20 or so nuns who reside in the nextdoor monestary. Bathroom was clean. I left there with a lovely Greek cookbook, baklava, peach jam, and of course, more of their amazing coconut body cream. Well done sisters! Very well done! I hope to return someday. Ευχαριστώ

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Such simple, delicious Greek food - in the middle of nowhere!! We love the hummus and pita. The tzatziki sauce is perfect. Lots of good baklava too.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The bakery had all sorts of Greek food and pastries. Some dishes are prepared for you to take home--such as lentil soup. However, my favorite was the selection of prayer ropes. Each is hand made--a series of unique knots--to be carried in hand or pocket. An ancient prayer tradition. I was not able to see the Monastery. That was a disappointment. If you are planning a visit, be sure to call ahead to see if you can make an appointment. The monastery is not open without an appointment made in ADVANCE.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

For several years we passed this hidden gem on our way to our destinations, but one day stopped on a whim. This bakery and gift shop is filled with hand made delights not found in most places. Blink and you'll miss it, but stop and you will be delighted not only by the delicious goods, but by the monastery itself. Open Monday - Saturday it is closed in honor of the sabbath. Definitely worth a stop every time you drive by.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

If you're travelling through southern Washington on Highway 97, be sure to stop here. Now!
The gyros are delicious. The grilled pita with some hummus is great. The baklava may have you thinking of a religious conversion.