“Great place to stay”

Ocean Spray Beach Resort
Seattle, Washington
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A great place to enjoy life. Very nice and warm owners with a friendly cat and two small dogs. A short walk to the beach and to Bennett's Restaurant. We highly recommend staying here. Don't just stay for one night, sit back and enjoy a week.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dean L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Buhl, Idaho
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This review is a long time coming! (June 2012) This place is a warm, inviting and cozy home away from home. We call it our "secret, little beachy place".
First I want to say that when I looked it up... I hadn't paid too much attention to the map. I just saw the pictures and the wonderful reasonable rates for our family and thought... what the heck. Let's give them a chance! What I didn't plan on, was being brought down memory lane. My grandparents would take me beachcombing as a child when I visited.
I actually found the resort by complete accident on an internet search for cranberry soap. (Long story). Let me explain... when my husband and I went to visit my widowed Grandpa in Centralia and introduce him to our children, we thought that we would go to the beach in Westport and walk around a bit. The kids first beach experience! I remembered the cranberry soap and wanted to look up the store I had gotten it at on a previous trip. I ended up finding the ocean spray beach resort and we decided to call and book a cottage for a couple of nights. It was outside of Westport, but only a couple of minutes and the rates were amazing. Win, win.
When we got into Grayland... I immediately remembered the street and when I saw the turn off to the beach access road coming up on the right, I remembered it as a child! That's where my grandma and grandpa would go! And wouldn't you know it...The Ocean Spray Beach Resort was all painted up and remodeled right on that corner! I smiled and silently thanked my grandmother for guiding us there.
The people were fantastic... the cat was super friendly :) and we had the best time warming up by the gas fireplace in the evenings after a day of beach combing and playing in the water. The kids loved the beautiful walk to the beach... I got to tell my stories about a Grandmother they never got to meet. Thank you Ocean Spray... memory lane never looked so sandy and gorgeous. We missed ya last year, but we'll be back in August!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JoshandJen M
Bellevue
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I grew up in Aberdeen and after my Mother moved away I lost my sense of roots on the Harbor until I found the charming Ocean Spray Beach Resort. Every cabin has been lovingly decorated, updated and made cozy by the couple who have taken on this project and then provided the gracious welcome and friendship that make this resort so very unique. I am a walking talking advertisement for this wonderful retreat and we who love it there are delighted to find others who share our enthusiasm. Try it, you will love it there!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MaryLouise62
Clarkston, Washington
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We have been coming to the Westport/Grayland area for 50 years and when we started looking for a new place to stay we were told the Ocean Spray had new owners and we needed to try it.
We just made our second trip to the Ocean Spray and we have already booked for next year. The cabins are all clean, painted, and decorated with Diane's flair for detail and each one has it's own charming personality. They are cozy and homey. The owners Diane and Gary go way out of their way to accommodate every need. The 2 bedroom cabins have a nice living room, well stocked eat in kitchen, and bath. They offer a flat screen TV and DVD player (with movies available in the office). This wonderful place gives you all you could want for a great get away and the cost is unbelievable reasonable (the same price as a one room unit in a chain motel). It is a short walk to the beach and you can hear the ocean at night and smell the salt air. You will sleep like a baby. I can't wait to get back there. They have already made us feel like family and we just had a great family reunion there last week with about 20 of us taking up all the units.
You will love this cozy, fun, relaxing environment and will keep going back!!

Room Tip: Love the 2 bedroom units since we like having our own room. All the units are quiet. My favorite un...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Pat P
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 16 September 2013

When we come to the Westport-Grayland area..this is the only place that we will stay. The cabins are always pristinely clean and very well priced.
The owners are friendly & accommodating.
You are just a hop and a skip from Westport to the north...or to Tokeland to the south.
The beach (which you can drive on) is 20 seconds from the cabins.
Reserve your cabin early as the word is out about this beach resort.
Steve & Mary Kay Sutter

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank secotools
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We come here every year for my great great aunt's birthday trip. The cottages are always clean and warm! The owners are wonderful people & they are so flexible! Plus, this place is close to a wonderful spot on the beach. The store across the street though has a grumpy woman working there, however, that's all the more reason to drive into town & visit some wonderful shops!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Olivia W
Randle, Washington
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We always look forward to staying here. The owners are friendly. The rooms are charming and quaint...AND comfortable!!! It is also close to Bennett's, which is a great place to eat :) We will definitely stay here again. Already have reservations.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Darla M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grayland
Westport Marina Cottages Motel
#4 of 14 in Westport
Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
#10 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to Ocean Spray Beach Resort? Share your experiences!