“Great seafood”
Review of Bennett's - CLOSED

Bennett's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just a very nice and welcoming restaurant...nice family atmosphere with excellent seafood. My wife loved the "Best of Bennett's" sampler...best meal of our journey which included Victoria. My crab louie was loaded with fresh local crab...
Very nice people. Often busy and you might wait a bit for service, but worth the wait and why be in a hurry? We would absolutely go again when in the area!!
The owner and staff are warm and welcoming...just an overall pleasant experience.
Our dining partner was unhappy with the fried oysters...she said they were over-cooked and a bit tough...but, everything we had was superb...

There are newer reviews for Bennett's

Reviewed 29 April 2014

From the eclectic art and artifacts on the walls to the expansive menu, Bennett's did not disappoint. Large portions and reasonable prices complemented delicious food. We had the grilled halibut, 8 oz. flatiron steak, and halibut fish & chips - all were fresh, hot, perfectly done. Canned music is thankfully low (why do so many restaurants think we want to shout at each other over dinner?), and the list of area micro brews is a page long. Go early if you don't want to wait, even in the off season - this is where everyone eats.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I were traveling the coast on our weekend vacation from Seattle when we decided to stop for dinner. The parking lot wasn’t full and they seated us quickly. I ordered the Seafood Fettuccini. Our waiter introduced himself as Chris. He seemed like he really knew what the menu had to offer and answered all my questions about the area. I wish I knew as much about my home town as he did about Westport/Grayland. Our order came out maybe 15 to 20 min after ordering it and was steaming hot. Very delicious! I had never ordered seafood fettuccini but this should be on every Surf and Turf type restaurant there is. I would give this place 10/10 for their waiter and 10/10 for their food.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Bennets has a nice atmosphere. A great dinner salad. I ordered meatloaf, who could mess that up??? I found out. They added a spice to it. It was horrible!! I ate the salad and potato, told the waitress what i thought of the meat. She rudely told me that some people like it that way???? It was so strong with whatever spice it was i couldnt taste the meat. No compensation. No tip. Went to Bennets in Westport, had a ceaser salad, it was good. The fellow who was serving was rude. The salad fine, no tip. Have heard the fish at these resturants was good but I am afraid to try.

1  Thank reubenlumpkin
Reviewed 13 October 2013

It was clean ... period.
My wife had a toasted crab sandwich. The toast appeared done at another time/cold but not soggy. The crab was dry/not mixed with anything. The apparent owner appeared ... without asking ... and explained that the coldness brought out the taste of the crab. I had "world famous" clam chowder was cool ... what "world" was it famous in? ... The Indian casino clam chowder is superior.
Had we eaten at Bennett's before? Yes.
Did it have that "WOW" factor that "Gee, I'd make a special effort to eat there again!"? No.
The prices were a bit high: My hamburger was almost $10 and the bun not toasted.
My wife's sandwich was $15.95 with salad and soup and cold.
The coffee was $2.99 but at least it was fresh, not Starbucks, and hot ... just overpriced.
We thought that for lunch 32.49 was a bit much ... at the beach.
The waitress was new ... we were her second customer, but she had little to do with the food prep. She appeared WELL monitored as when my wife's sandwich appeared and a comment was made, her supervisor appeared out of nowhere almost immediately, however he did not offer anything beyond an explanation.

1  Thank erin e