“Pretty Lake Spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoodsport
Lake Cushman Resort
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We spent 3 days at Lake Cushan Resort in one of the cabins. Cabins #2,3,4, 5 have perfect spot on the Lake. You literally step out the door and the lake is right there. Cabins are definitely "rustic," and could use some TLC and a good scrubbing. The resort is big on rules, and not overly friendly. You will be reminded of rules at reservation time, check in and throughout stay... They must have had issues in the past with rowdy people or something. The little store has every kind of camping item and plenty of candy and snacks for the kids. Firewood is $5 bundle. Hoodsport is just 15 minutes away with an IGA store if you need groceries. We rented one of the little resort fishing boats and it was the highlight of the trip - loved sighteeing along the lake and fishing. Didn't catch one fish -but had fun.

Room Tip: Choose cabin 2, 3, 4 or 5 for lake access
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank SunandSkiFam

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My family and I arrived at the resort at 10:45PM Thursday night. Everything was closed and we were told just to check in the following morning.
After unpacking the camp and getting settled, We all went to check in the following morning. The entire staff was warm and very welcoming. They gave us our vehicle passes and boat launch passes and stressed to us if there was ANYTHING they could do to make our stay more enjoyable to please let them know. The store that is on premises is very well stocked and the prices are very low for an onsite store. The bathrooms and showers were very clean and well stocked. We saw someone cleaning them everymorning. My overall impression was very good. The tent camping sites are far enough removed from the RV parking sites (where we were) that we didnt really realize there were tent sites. We are going to make this a yearly family vacation spot. We had a double RV spot and parked our 25ft traier- 28ft motorhome a boat and 2 jet-skies, a truck and a large SUV on our site and still had TONS and tons of room. The few negative impressions that I have read on this review page were far from factual in my expirence. We even hooked up a very large movie projector, hung sheets from the trees and watched movies till after mid-night and the staff thought it was clever, We kept the noise low and nobody complained. The noises we heard were some large trucks on the main road but those stopped at dusk and it was very quiet. I would and will reccomend this place to all my friends and family!

Room Tip: All of the RV sites seemed very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Paulwarrick
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We visited Lake Cushman Resort for our end of school camping trip. Our campsite was large enough to comfortably fit a tent and a full size RV. The facility had one bathroom with showers(clean porta potties throughout), a convenience store with all your needs, a nice boat launch and dock, and a nice grassy area near the lake. The lake was beautiful but cold. That did not stop the kids from swimming and tubing. Our expectations were low but our overall experience was positive. I would consider returning but there are many options in this area of Washington that we would like to try out as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MrHendu
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We have been coming here for years for our annual camping and boating trip. The campground is REALLY open, but with easy access to the lake. The moorage is secure and provides both a great launch and a great hang out.

There are coin operated showers which could use a good renovation, but they completely meet the needs of somebody who's been camping and swimming for a few days.

Thus is a great place to bring the family for a weekend in the lake. I haven't stayed in a cabin before, but they seem pleasant. Have a great stay

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Know that you are not going to the Lake Cushman Resort expecting flower petals and bonbons to adorn your white bedspread. Know that you must bring your cooking utentils, plates, etc...Don't expect remodeled elegance at your Great Depression era cabin. Expect instead rusticity and a timeworn connection to generations of fishermen and families going back decades. If you seek solitude, wait till midweek and even more so after Labor Day or before the end of the school year. You are, after all, near Bremerton, Tacoma and Seattle. But there are few place where you are so close to the city and so close to the heart of the Olympic Mountains, where you can sit on a terrace and sip a beer or a cup of coffee, read or daydream within a stone throw of craggy and massive Mount Washington. And if you feel like it, either motor up the lake for more spectacular scenery or paddle to one of the coves where in the crystal clear water you'll spot dozens of salamanders. Lake Cushman is a reservoir which draws down in the fall and fills up in the spring. Depending when you go, the water level could be low exposing a rim of rocks. In a nutshell, if you seek rusticity and authenticity and plan for a quiet visit, this is your kind of place in the Olympic Mountains

Room Tip: We stayed in Cabin #10 which is not on the lake. Cabin #7 is remote and on a bluff and offers spect...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This year my husband and I have decided instead of a major trip, that we would take a 4 day weekend camping trip each month, this months was at Lake Cushman Resort in Washington State. I had camped year several years ago with my kids and had a great time, so we decided to go back.

When I called to make the reservation I spoke with a wonderful woman on the phone. I explained what I was looking for, our tent is on the large side, 10 x 16, and that we liked a bit of privacy, and was looking forward to a relaxing weekend away. She told me she had the perfect spot for us, and that while there were people above us and below us, no one was at eye level, perfect!! I booked and paid for the spot right away.

We arrived Thursday afternoon, it was mostly empty, but we expected it since most people still had to work Friday, our first stop was the restrooms, long drive and all. There is one restroom for each, mens and womans, as well as one shower. for each. They needed some repair, but seemed clean enough and stocked with the appropriate paper supplies.

We checked in, and the same woman that I had spoke to on the phone helped us to checked in, and pointed the way to the campsite. Registration is in the little store which was well stocked with anything that someone might forget. You can also buy wood and ice here, the prices are on par with anything you might get anywhere else.

On the way to our campsite, one thing jump out at me in a glaring fashion, Port-a-Potties everywhere. About 1 to every 2 campsites, some had two. I am not a fan of Port-a-Potties, not in the least and wasn't thrilled, but I could see why they needed them. But I must say, they were very well maintained.

The campsite was everything she said it was and we were quite pleased. The only thing that was different about the campsite is the fire ring is an old Semi-Truck wheel, odd but it worked. However, there are no grates on them, so if you had planned to cook on it like we did, you are out of luck, good thing I brought the propane stove as well.

After setting up our site we walked around to get a lay of the land, or Lake. The Lake happens to be very low this year. But non the less very beautiful. Thursday night was a very peaceful, and relaxing night, little did we know that was all about to change.

Early afternoon on Friday things changed, the campsite above us was occupied by several groups, it was a group site after all. Thing is, they played their music loudly from the time they got there, well into the night. They allowed their dogs to roam around and bark constantly, and then started the wonderful game of beer pong. With beer pong, only two things come from it, loud cheering, and people who have had to much, visiting the bushes between the two sites.

The campsite below us was occupied by a young couple that obviously didn't care for the music of the other group, so they played their country music very loud and late, with the truck running and headlights going.

Several of the resort employees drove by and never said a word. When I mentioned it to the people in the store, they didn't seem to care, just smiled and nodded. The rules don't seem to be enforced, such as the quiet time rules, the loud music rule, or the dogs off their leash and roaming at will rule. Our neighbors dog wasn't the only dog roaming around free.

It was more of the same on Saturday. I have never wanted to get home so badly as I did from here. I need a nap. I feel more tired then when I left.

Lake Cushman is a beautiful spot, I would go again if I was going for a party atmosphere, but not for a relaxing weekend away for some peace and quiet, away from the craziness of life. When we got home I related our trip to my 23 yo son, his sole comment was, "Everyone knows that Cushman is a party campground."

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank Talus731
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We drove 2100 miles with Lake Cushman resort as our final destination. I have family in Tacoma and Seattle so they all came to the lake to see us and we had campfires every night. The cabins are just fine for cooking, sleeping, showering, watching direct TV. Plenty of hot water. No microwave, though. Bring an extension cord, you might need it for extra plug-ins. Lake is beautiful, we took a short drive to the Olympic National Park and hiked throught the enormous Douglas fir trees.
This was a good place to convene with the family and make meals.
It was crowded when we were there and we had Cabin 6; located on the roadway to other cabins and campsites, so there was a lot of dust and hustle-bustle all day, but we did not mind so much. You can buy firewood, beer, wine and food stuffs at the general store.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank peggymalone

Been to Lake Cushman Resort? Share your experiences!