Glen Ayr Resort
Robin Hood Village Resort(Union)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$129
  • Breakfast included
US$73
Priceline
All reviewshood canaloystersglen ayrroad noiselow tidecouple of nightswould definitely stay here againshort driveolympic national parklake cushmanmini fridgeroom was cleantwo nightsrvhwyhostspeninsula
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

As far as accommodations go, this is one of the better options in the area. The grounds are kept up, a nice BBQ and its really easy to find. The staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions on where to eat/drink. This isn't anything fancy, but if you're looking for that you probably shouldn't be out there anyways. It's location is just a few miles to Lake Cushman or pop on to the 101 and get oysters at Hama Hama.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Ioanna_A323
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed at Glen Ayr last week end it was great. We were there because of opening day of shrimp season and the Resort was very full. Our room was wonderful. Very comfortable, clean and had a nice view of Hood Canal. The Resort property is beautiful. I am not sure what the people below are talking about, because the people at Glen Ayr are very friendly and very accommodating. I guess the below review just proves the old saying "you can't please everyone." On Sunday a group of the RV guests had a pot luck dinner and invited all to join in. It doesn't get much better than that. We had a great time! We have stayed at Glen Ayr many times through the years and have never had a bad experience there. We highly recommend Glen Ayr to anyone.

Room Tip: Almost all of the rooms upstairs have great views of the Canal.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I hesitate to write this review because I think there is some unexplained event at its base, but here goes. We stayed at the motel in room 2B and were very satisfied. A beautiful location on the Canal and we had fun on the dock watching salmon jump. We came back, again having business in the area, and again enjoyed our stay. But shortly after getting back to Portland, we got an email saying were were being charged a "pet fee" of 40+ dollars. I called the motel and let them know that we don't have a pet of any kind and that we left the room at least as clean as we found it. The person on the motel end said that wasn't true, the room was a mess, with "urine soaked rags and other things". I said that couldn't have been our room; we are a 70's plus couple with no pets and reasonably meticulous habits. Asked for evidence, the person I talked with said she hadn't seen this but her cleaner had and she trusted the cleaner, clearly stating I was a liar. I said I wouldn't pay a pet charge without a pet, and have challenged the charge on my credit card, but they haven't done anything about removing it. So watch out. It is a well-situated, moderately well-equipped and clean. I will of course never stay there again, and I advise you not too unless you establish beforehand you have no pets and will not be liable for "pet fees".

Room Tip: Watch out for "pet fees"
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Oldgrowth9
Glenayrresort, General Manager at Glen Ayr Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

I am glad the guest found our motel enjoyable from their quote. " We stayed at the motel in room 2B and were very satisfied. A beautiful location on the Canal and we had fun on the dock watching salmon jump. We came back, again having business in the area, and again enjoyed our stay

Regarding the pet fee, we apologize if the guest feels they were treated badly. Pictures taken by housekeeping appear to support that a pet had been staying in the room. We notified the guest by email of the pet charge. When the guest contacted us and said they did not have a pet in the room... we refunded the pet charge of $45 the same day. Her claim we did not is simply not true.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I shared the one bedroom suite with a friend while others in our group shared the 2 bedroom suite. This is a fantastic resort for scuba divers as there is a wash area and drying room for gear. Both suites have nice kitchens, however we prefered to try out the local fare afterall this was a holiday! The beds were nice and comfortable, the rooms warmed up nicely with the wall heaters and the bathroom was clean.

The hot tub was a nice evening activity.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ClintonWhidbeyGal
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here with some friends, our plans had been changed and we booked this place the night before and were lucky to get some rooms. It is a rustic looking hotel with RV spaces in the back. We only stayed for one night and would have enjoyed a longer stay. It is a little remote from town which is good except you need to drive to restaurants. Rooms were modern and clean. the facility has a guest laundry. If you are a boater they have a dock.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends