“GREASY, DIRTY & LOUD!”

Simpson Avenue Grill
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Hoquiam
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Took my brother & sister'n law out to breakfast in March, the day after my sisters funeral. They wanted breakfast, but apparently we were at the cut off time and could only order lunch. This place is a JOKE! GREASY, DIRTY & LOUD! There was 5 of us and we could not hear each other talking across the table! As for the food, Garbage! If you could find it! And it took for ever to get that! I was so embarrassed by the fact that my brother picked up the tab for this Crap! Waitress? I think she left and went home! Do yourself a favor and travel a little further over the bridge and stop at the Arches. At least you'll have a good hot cup of coffee and not have to wait forever for your food that was hardly there and tasted nasty! And you won't have to shout across the table at your company! How EMBARRASSING to take family out at a time like this to such a nasty Dive as this one! Never Again!

1  Thank Linda B

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This use to be Lana's Café. Lana's was way better. We waited 20 minutes to have a waitress come to our table. The food was not that good. I would go somewhere else to eat.

2  Thank CarlosRanger
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I went to Simpson Avenue Grill yesterday for breakfast/lunch. When we arrived it was 11:30 so breakfast was just getting over but if we wanted breakfast food we needed to order "right now". My husband wanted their Bearcat Omelet and I wanted a Reuben Sandwich. The waitress said that breakfast food would be first and then the sandwich would take about ten minutes longer ( which took at least 15 or more) but that she would bring me my salad while waiting. I sat and sat waiting without the waitress coming back to let me know when or to bring more water. I suggested that we split his omelet while I waited for my sandwich and split that too. Unbeknownst to me that the sandwich would only have one slice of corn beef on it with lots of sauerkraut. If I had wanted a sauerkraut sandwich I would of ordered one. I was very disappointed in the sandwich and the service.

2  Thank cjf4801
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The good thing about this restaurant is the food. There is plenty of it, reasonably priced and the waitresses are pleasant. The facility is in need of a severe cleaning! True, it is a rented facility and the owners haven't improved the building in quite some time, but it is shabby (not shabby chic either). While this restaurant used to be "Lana's Hangar" at Bowerman Field airport, this new location isn't an improvement in environment. The benches in the booth were badly stained with who knows what, the air conditioning blasted on my shoulders (good thing I wore my coat), the floor is in need of betterment and overall...IT LOOKS DIRTY. After breakfast I used the men's restroom and it was filthy. My wife used the women's and she said it not only was filthy but there appeared to be urine on the wall of the stall and the soap dispenser was put upright on an empty pail on the counter, not on the wall. Not a good memory of breakfast.

3  Thank jimsue
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Joined two colleagues here for an affordable breakfast, which was quite good. Between us we ordered biscuits & gravy (good but no sides available), Simpson Light (2 eggs your way with toast), and a slice of berry pie described as 'fantastic!'

Don't visit for the decor, which is dated and a bit down-at-the-mouth -- but clean. The early 80s pop-rock soundtrack seemed very appropriate.

Some disappointment that we were told there was wifi before being seated, but then told they did not after we ordered.