“We didn't eat there because no reservation, but the hostess found us another restaurant”
Review of Pelicano - CLOSED

Pelicano
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Local, fresh seafood. Classic and innovative cocktails. Great port view. Menu changes monthly to reflect current local catch & seasonal produce. Helpful, caring service from our wonderful staff. Everything we serve, including the bread and pastry, is made by hand in our kitchen.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I can't rate their food because we didn't get in, but I have to compliment them on finding us another top quality place and save us from having to drive around looking. That was greatly appreciated.

1  Thank Chowhound59

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We are from Colorado and enjoy seafood when on the ocean. Fried oysters with pesto eggplant were great. The crab cakes some of the best ever. Looking out at the harbor and good service topped the evening meal off.

1  Thank L Scott T
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I had never been to this town before but we visited Ledbetter Point State Park and had read reviews about this restaurant. Usually I find a "weak link" in restaurant meals, be it the appetizer, salad, main course or drinks. However, everything my husband and I ordered was fantastic! We shared an oyster appetizer and a green salad which had avocados, cucumbers and tomatoes. We also had the fish chowder which was packed with all sorts of fresh seafood and had an amazing broth perfect for dipping with the homemade bread. Dessert was a meringue ice cream sandwich with caramel sauce. Absolutely delicious but not too heavy! My lemon drop was perfection as was my husband's Old Fashioned. Service was great and friendly. Just a wonderful meal from start to finish!

1  Thank kc1101
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The food is fresh and local and it super yummy. The staff is very friendly. The menu changes monthly. I highly recommend the Pelicano.

1  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I decided to take a drive from Astoria, OR across the Columbia River to Washington State. (July 3, 2014) I thought we might find a good place to have dinner - we found a great place! This is a very small restaurant but also very good. Nice view as it is by a small marina. When we were seated I heard a lady telling her partner how good the crab cakes were. I tried the crab cake appetizer and it was delicious - large chunks of crab and very little breading! My wife ordered the Seafood Chowder for an entree, I ordered the Rockfish Filet. Both choices were great - the seafood was fresh tasting and excellent. The sauce and mushrooms with my filet were fabulous. I also have to say that the dessert I chose came close to being my favorite part of the dinner. I had the Walnut Meringue Ice Cream Sandwich - WOW! Very, very tasty! Of all the restaurants we visited on our seven day trip to the Oregon coast this was the best! Well worth the short drive from Astoria!

2  Thank 1Kokomo