“An absoutely wonderful place to stay!”

Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Issaquah
Yakima, Washington
“An absoutely wonderful place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Check-in was done quickly and efficiently (I really appreciated this as I was feeling under the weather.) The room was very clean and the bed was so very comfortable! It was also very quiet and I was able to get some much needed rest. I also appreciated the guest washer and dryer on the second floor (very close to my room, in fact.) Everyone was friendly and helpful. For breakfast, I ate at the hotel restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised. My experience is usually that these places are overrated and overpriced, but the food was very good and the price was reasonable. The service was also good and I started my journey home on a great note. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Jim D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank youi for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sure enjoy hearing comments such as yours and it lets us know we're doing the right thing! Thank you agian, and please come and srtay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have stayed here many times in the past when we visit family, and it was always a comfortable, quiet and handy choice. The long-awaited and total refurbishment (just completed-----as the finishing touch, the parking lot was being repaved during our pre-Memorial Day weekend visit) is a welcome update for this property. Lovely job! Finally, an elevator for this 2-story building. YAY! Big improvement in internet speed, a nice fitness center and relocated business center. Rooms are very comfy, ventilation system is quiet, and so is the hotel in general. Still lacking are fridges in the rooms, though----a disappointment (I'm sure they could find space for this now universally-expected amenity). Breakfast, lunch and dinner are handy in the dining area off the lobby.The location is superb-----close to I-90 exit for quick access, and across the street from a nice PCC grocery store (Whole Foods-type) and near restaurants. Beds are comfy, and pillows are lofty-----I'm a down pillow fan, so travel with my own----not practical for most people. Pillow choice would be nice----- The large salmon-shaped pool (open only Memorial Day to Labor Day)is surrounded by a lush garden setting. We like the "new" Holiday Inn, and will be back!.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your recent comments. I'm glad to hear that you like our renovation and we always strive to make our guests stay as positive as possible. All the best to you, and pleae come and stay with us again soon!
Blaine, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hotel has recently been refurbished and all I can say is that it's a significant improvement..... rooms are clean beds are comfortable...... whole new experience compared to just a few months ago. Still not the Ritz but a very good option for the price.

New gym in the hotel so you no longer need to drive to the local gym..... it's right there. Only complaint is the lack of real pillow options for non back sleepers!..... hotel could invest in some flatter pillows all the options are high and fluffy..... not what I like. I suggest management look at what other chains are doing. Holiday Inn is the only chain that I never have a good pillow option.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MTCB
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you liked our newly renovated property and I will pass on your comments about our pillow options to the housekeeping department. Thank you again, and please come and stay with us again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Went to seattle and stayed here for couple evenings.. I wasnt very far from Seattle and it took me 20 mins or so to drive to downtown. there are various beautiful trails around the hotel and lake to walk or swim. rooms are very clean..and loved their breakfast and omlette counters. one of the good Holiday Inns for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank paulosray
Jim D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We always trive to make our guest's stay as comfortable as possible, and always listen to each and every comment such as yours. Thank you again, and please come and stay with us again soon!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed here one night just to avoid doing the drive home after visiting family. The hotel is definitely getting old, but the rooms have clearly been updated. The hallways scared me as we were walking to our room; I thought they would be foretelling of what it would be like in the rooms. We were pleasantly surprised by the room itself (aside from it not being perfectly clean - there was a message written on the bathroom mirror to us, but overall it was quite clean). Considering we paid a very reasonable rate for the room and the only other options in Issaquah are poor (there's a bad hotel and a good hotel with bad staff), I'd happily stay here again if we decide to spend the night in Issaquah.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ralverde
Jim D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are excited about our renovation which will be complete by the end of March. We will be renovating our guest rooms, lobby area, restaurant, lounge and adding and elevator! Please come and stay with us again soon, and happy holidays to you and your family!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Travelled to Issaquah for a trail marathon and just needed a room nearby. Selected the HI for convenience although I hadn't stayed at one (in the US) for a while and remind of 1960's road trips when I hear the name.

It is right off I-90 (convenient) and check-in was fast and they gave me a late (2 pm) checkout so I could shower after the race. The lobby was open and welcoming.

My room was good-sized (king bed) with a large flat tele although it didn't have HD cable and the image was grainy as a result. Linens were nice quality, the bed was comfortable, and I slept OK. Only complaint is that it took a looong time for hot water to arrive, so start your shower then go have a coffee!

Overall, very pleasant stay and good value (compared to other options).

Room Tip: They don't have a lift so if stairs are an issue get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Powel C
Thank you for your recent nice comments regarding your stay with us. We are excited about starting our renovation, and we will be renovating our guest rooms, lobby area, restaurant, lounge and adding an elevator. Please come and stay with us again soon, and happy holidays to you and your family!
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I really like Washington, this is my second trip! Issaquah is such a pretty little town! This hotel is nice! They do not have an elevator and I heard someone complain. The first day when I arrived they took my luggage up for me to the second level and it's just a short little flight of stairs so I don't mind at all! I face the pool and surrounded by all the trees it's such a lovely view! The room is comfortable as well as the bed and pillows! It's so nice to have the easy chair to sit in watching TV or working on my iPad, that is an extra brownie point! Sitting at a desk or on the bed isn't always that relaxing. They have a restaurant and a bar. I have friends in Seattle so I didn't take advantage of the hotels food until last night, there was a terrible accident on the 90 west so I didn't go into Seattle I stayed local. The bar has nightly happy hour pricing for drinks and food. I got a beer and the spinach artichoke dip which was really delicious! It came to around $10, I thought that was a good price and the portion was large. The gentleman next to me said he was eating the most wonderful salmon he had ever tasted and it was his second night having it! Lol! Must be good! I do get a free breakfast each day but it's in the restaurant and I really don't have time for a sit down breakfast so I have not been able to take advantage of this opportunity. The staff is friendly and the location is very close to shopping, probably just a mile to the main shopping area. Great place!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MissHennessy
Thank you for your comments regarding your last month's stay with us. We are excited to start our renovation and will be renovating our guest rooms, lobby area, restaurant, lounge and adding an elevator! Please come and stay with us again soon, and happy holidays to you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issaquah
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah
Larkspur Landing Bellevue
Larkspur Landing Bellevue
#17 of 29 in Bellevue
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Bellevue

Been to Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah? Share your experiences!