Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah
US$197
US$173
GardenInn.com
SpringHill Suites Seattle Issaquah(Issaquah)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$196
  • Pool
US$85
  • Pool
US$232
Larkspur Landing Bellevue(Bellevue)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$196
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
US$90
US$81
US$148
Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue(Bellevue)(Great Value!)
US$194
Hotels.com
US$114
All reviewsshaped poollaundry areastate parkconvenient locationroom was cleanhot showerbreakfast and dinnerhotel restaurantnice hotelone night staygood nights sleepstay there againclose proximitythe air conditioninga wonderful stayup to datefree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel would work fine for a single traveler, but as a couple on a longer 5-day stay, we found it cramped. The rooms are probably average in terms of square footage, but the layout was very tight. Worst feature was the bathroom, with shower, toilet, and vanity sink all in one very tight space and the coffemaker consuming a corner of the severely limited counter space.

This was not an inexpensive hotel, about 30% more than we usually spend, but options are limited in Issaquah. For the price, we would have expected a more spacious and usable room, with a vanity sink/counter separate from the bathroom and some room to stretch.

We're glad we didn't have to use the "Business Center" which was a single computer in a corner of the lobby, not an enclosed room. This probably won't matter if you're a business traveler with a laptop, as the in-room WiFi worked well.

The pool area was fine, the fitness center very small with limited equipment. The front desk people were friendly and handled check-in/out efficiently.

In summary, an average hotel with no major problems but no outstanding features either.

Room Tip: Our room was on the east side on 12th Ave NW facing the shopping center parking lot. There was a lot of traffic noise during the day but it quieted down at night. Request a pool-facing room if you want to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Thomas B,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am happy to know that you found our staff efficient. However, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the condition of the room and the lack of room amenities may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here because I was visiting the Snoqualmie Valley area and this place looked nicer than a lot of the local Mom & Pop owned places. Wasn't disappointed. Right off the 90 but still quiet. Also nice having the PCC market across the street. The room was very clean and the surrounding area was very nice and safe. I didn't get to see their gym or use their amenities so I can't speak for that but I would definitely stay here again. Not sure how I feel about the cheesy shark-shaped pool though.

Stayed: August 2014
Jim D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and that we must be on the right track! Please come and stay with us again soon, and all the best to you on your future travels. Our pool is actually shaped like a salmon which is an important part of our area. The salmon actually spon in creeks in Issaquah.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our daughter lives and works in Issaquah, so for us, this was the perfect location. If you want to be a Seattle tourist, it's a bit off the path, and getting to the city requires traversing a bridge, one of the two being a toll road. However, lots of good restaurants in Issaquah and Bellevue is a great "second city." The hotel, though, is quite nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and comfortable. Loved the Keurig machine!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, and that we are on the right track! Please come and stay with us again soon, and all the best to you on your future travels!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Parts of the hotel were recently renovated, the lobby is very nice with nice computer station and printer to use. New Carpet in the halls. Our room was located quite a ways from the lobby as the property is spread out, but we had convenient parking outside a door in the back. We faced the pool which was closed including the hot tub which I was surprised as it was end of May but maybe they consider it too cool. Ate a burger at the bar which was rather dry and nothing special. The room was clean and decent size. Bathroom updated. No complaints except wishing at least the hot tub was open as we had biked the nearby Iron Horse Trail and it would have been great to soak in. The location is very good with REI, grocery, Trader Joe's, and more shops just around the corner. I just wish Holiday Inn would put more plug in jacks at the bedside. One plug at the bedside is not enough for 2 people with phones, computers etc. I'd stay here again, but the town of Issaquah is quite a ways away and is very quaint with a few cool restaurants/bars. Would rather stay there next time closer. One more thing that may not be important for some... Only 1 washer/dryer located on second floor in a hot dingy room next to ice machine.

Room Tip: Either get close to the lobby or near the back door entrance for convenience. Also, if pool/hot tub is important to you make sure it is open.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Jim D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I know the trail you rode on and very cool!! We do not have a hot tub, and this small area is for jet therapy with no heat. I really appreciate all your comments, and we take them very seriously. All the best to you on your future travels and please come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Not in the habit of reviewing chain hotels very much, but this Holiday Inn deserves a review. I stayed here the first night of a trip to cycle the Cascade Loop in Washington state and immediately noted that the lobby was lovely and updated. I subsequently found the staff to be incredibly helpful and solicitous and they held a bag for me while I traveled for the week until I returned. The room was very comfortable. Overall, if you are staying in or visiting Issaquah for any reason, I would absolutely recommend this Holiday Inn.

Reminder: Please remember to tip the people who clean and make up your rooms. As a matter of course, maid service is done largely by women, is the hardest job in a hotel, and is often invisible to many people, and as a result the maids don't get tipped. Think about how often you would tip a valet or a concierge or a bellman for bringing up your bags. The maids are working even harder. Leave them a tip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank J0diJJ
Jim D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear that you had a nice stay, and it sounds like we're keeping our hotel in the righ direction! Please come and stay with us again soon, and thank you again for letting us know how you felt. Safe travels to you!