“"Be in a tree"- Awaken the spirit.”
Review of Treehouse Point

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Issaquah
Treehouse Point
Ranked #1 of 1 Issaquah B&B and Inns
Vancouver, WA
“"Be in a tree"- Awaken the spirit.”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I am a big fan of the show Tree House Masters. I've watched every episode and look forward to the new season starting at the end of May. I booked "The Burl" months ago and am just settling in at home after spending the past two days at Tree House Point (THP).
First of all, it is not as far in the boonies as I imagined it would be. It is close to the very cute town of Snoqualmie which has a Starbucks, grocery store and pretty much anything you could want.
Despite being so close to shopping etc, it still gives you the feel of a remote forest.
When we arrived, we were greeting by "Damon". He is dressed nicely, greets you with a smile and looks you in the eye when talking. You feel like he actually cares about your experience. He tells you about the lodge and what to expect with breakfast in the morning etc. He gives you as much time as you need and answers any questions you may have.
We booked The Burl (mostly because it was recently renovated to include a plumbed bathroom). I was not disappointed. It is fabulous. There is a long, steel bring that leads to this two story delight. The exterior is crafted from recycled wood that gives it a tricolor appearance. When you open the door, the smell of cedar welcomes you. There are salted caramel chocolates awaiting you and a very comfy sitting area that looks out to the river. When you open the French doors to the small deck, you hear the lullaby of the river...so calming that we slept with the windows open at night. After taking in the first level, we headed up the wooden ladder to the second story where a fabulous and comfortable queen sized bed and beautifully appointed bathroom reside. The door to the bathroom was one of my favorite features. It has an old world appearance, there are knots in the wood and it is on rollers..just cool!
When I booked the room, I had no idea that Pete would be in town and doing a book signing at Elliott Book Company in Seattle. Although I secretly hoped I would run into Pete at THP (I have a little celebrity crush), I figured he would probably be too busy to stop in. Much to my excitement, he stopped by before his signing. I was too star struck to approach him and I think he was only there to decompress before his event. He walked down to the river for a little alone time. The book signing was intimate. His "clone" daughter, twin sons and beautiful wife were at the event. I spoke with each one of them. They are all down to earth and just regular people. He signed our books and we got a picture with him. He's much taller than I thought, and just as goofy (in a good way) and friendly as he appears on television. That was a nice treat...sort of the cherry on top of the sundae of our trip.
We paid just about $600 for two nights in the Burl. A little too much for us to be able to do this again in the near future, but i'm SO glad to have had this experience. My husband of 17 years and I needed the time away. We both work hard. He is an electrician and I am a Registered Nurse. We also have four children, so the alone time was priceless. The quiet rejuvenated our love for each other. We talked like we haven't talked in years. Thank you Pete. Thank you for building these beautiful Tree Houses and for allowing us to enjoy them. I wish you continued success with THP as well as your show Treehouse Masters. And if you ever are in need of a loyal, hard working electrician. I know the perfect one. :)
Blessings,
Kirk and Kerrie Lakin
Vancouver, WA

Room Tip: The Burl and Temple of the Blue Moon are nearest the river.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Cumfybedz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed 2 nights in Upper Pond. It is the only unit that accommodates more than 2 people. I recommend staying more than one night so you don't feel rushed and can get the feel of the local area. Spacious unit, access was up a steep ladder, so if you have issues with climbing, chose another room with stairs or a bridge. Double bed was a new Sealy Posturepedic, 2 bunks were great for my older kids who liked being higher up in the trees. Chilly weather in late March, but that didn't matter. Bring a few books and stay 3 days! Be aware, you might not want to leave your tree house. Book early arrive no earlier than 3 pm check in, and check out on time at 11am so they can prep for the next guests.

Each room is unique and lovely. Most are romantic and designed for 2 person get aways...and as a result, with the totally appropriate age restriction for no small children, protects the design intent of intimacy and privacy. Wonderful for people who are writing vows, renewing relationships, etc.

Onsite yoga was fantastic, with friendly local regulars. Breakfast was lovely, home made foods, cardamon ginger granola out of this world, accommodated our gluten free issues-let them know of any concerns in advance.

Service was outstanding: Damon the manager was "all over" every detail of every guest's stay. Everyone was just as nice as the TV show exhibits. They are genuine. Community breakfast table was wonderful to get to know other guests.

We all felt fortunate to have had this experience.

There is a great yarn store 20 min away in Carnation called TOLT yarn co. Close to Snoqualomie Falls.

Room Tip: rooms by river and in lodge are said to be quieter, but it was not even a concern for us...go for wh...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank outofdoorsy
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Just returned from on a quick overnight at Treehouse Point for my husband's birthday/anniversary gift. We had a lovely time. It's quaint, joyful, easy fun and I recommend everyone try it. It's a small property, but quiet and comfortable - even fully booked you still have your privacy. Plus, it's close to lots of things to see/do, places to hike, eat, listen to music, get massage, do the onsite yoga, go to the spa nearby. You must like DIFFERENT...RUSTIC...and COZY. While pricey...remember, you're doing something NEW and different. If you like swanky, posh, gourmet, Ritz Carlton...well, what are you thinking? Enjoy some down time, chat with the guests, and RELAX! It's an experience and one I'm happy to say I'd do again...and perhaps, given retirement - replicate!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank T H
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Having watched every episode of Treehouse Masters, and living only 30 minutes away in Seattle, my wife and I could no longer resist making the trip up to Treehouse Point (book well in advance, because due to the popularity of the show, openings are few and far between these days). The experience is not cheap, but nonetheless, we were very impressed.

The grounds are beautiful, the essence of the gorgeous Pacific Northwest. Tons of cedars, ferns, mossy paths, rain, and the surging Raging River just steps away. We had a great time walking around and looking up at all the treehouses, and climbing up into the two small ones down by the river that you're able to go up into.

The dining and fireplace area in the main building is warm, cozy and inviting, which was the perfect thing on the very rainy day when we visited. We were also extremely impressed with Susan, who was welcoming, down to earth, and helpful with suggestions of nearby restaurants.

We couldn't afford to stay in an actual treehouse, so we stayed in "Cedar" which is upstairs in the main building. I don't regret this at all, because for less money we got a huge comfortable king bed, vaulted ceilings with a skylight, a full bathroom with shower and separate tub, and a balcony overlooking the cedars and beautiful river (the sound was amazing). Sure, the treehouses are amazing, but it was a great experience just to be there.

We had a great dinner at the Fall City Roadhouse (recommended by Susan and now by us!), and played a bunch of games by the fireplace. The next morning, we had a great breakfast (we particularly loved the granola, croissants and other pastries!) and chatted with other visitors before checking out and heading up to nearby Snoqualmie Falls.

Evidently Pete is almost never there anymore, so don't get your hopes up about meeting him(!) but Treehouse Point is a B&B that's definitely worth visiting if you have a chance. We hope to go back again one day.

Room Tip: Consider the Cedar Room - it's cheaper, super comfortable, and has a balcony and a full bathroom...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank YVR19
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed in the honeymoon unit featured on the TV show. The unit was Burl. We had such an awesome time, and I was so glad my husband talked me into doing this. They have fire pit you can use in the evenings and provide s'mores. The treehouse itself was so comfortable and so cool you became so relaxed! It was pretty amazing. Would really recommend it for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Suzeyq2u
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I actually stumbled across this place on trip advisor. I guest there is a TV show on Animal Planet that a lot of people have seen that leads them to stay here. My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We stayed in the Nest. It's the second to the smallest treehouse. I didn't realize how small it was. If you bring a lot of luggage, then you will have very little room to walk around. There is a queen bed with enough room to walk around two sides of it, along with two chairs. With this being said, it's still a great place. We were there when it was really cold, but the heater worked really well. Even though this was a great stay for us, I wish I would have booked a bigger treehouse. That's what I get for being frugal. We got to look inside two other tree houses - Upper Pond and Temple of the Blue Moon- these were much bigger. They have renovated Upper Pond, so now it has a queen bed and two upper twin bunds. They have added a toilet as well. It seems that they are adding toilets to a lot of the tree houses. I believe 4 of them now have toilets, maybe more. They are adding another bath house as well. It really wasn't that big of a deal to go to the bath house. We had a toilet in ours for night-time use. Staying in a treehouse is something we have never done before. This part of the US is beautiful and it was fun staying amongst the trees. The breakfasts and cookies in the afternoon were great as well. Damon, the manager was very friendly. There is not much to do around this hotel. We were prepared for this with books to read. We did some hiking as well. Inside the main lodge is a fire where we roasted marshmallows in the evening. We can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: For space reasons alone, I would book a bigger room. Bonbibi and the Nest are really small. Howeve...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
24 Thank Angela B
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My boyfriend and I took the tour of the tree houses while we were visiting Seattle. Our tour guide was wonderful and knowledgeable. He catered to the young and old alike. I was glad to visit, and get ideas and a better understanding of what would need to be done in the future when I want to build my tree house. If you can't stay overnight, take the tour.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank RestlessButterfly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issaquah
Salish Lodge & Spa
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie
Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Issaquah
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah
SpringHill Suites Seattle Issaquah
Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah
Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Bellevue

Been to Treehouse Point? Share your experiences!