“A wonderful experience!”
Review of Max's World Cafe

Max's World Cafe
Ranked #22 of 170 Restaurants in Issaquah
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Handcrafted delicious food with no preservatives, made from scratch with premium quality ingredients !
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I were visiting the area, had tickets for a play in Issaquah and wanted to have dinner close by before hand. Well he found Max's on the internet and we decided to try it. It was such a delight. Tiny, tiny space, we made reservations! The owner is the hostess/waitress/chef, so be patient and don't be in a hurry. You will be so happy if you can keep that frame of mind. We had made our reservations for 7 with a curtain time of 8 across the street. Traffic in town and parking was horrible when we got there so had to park 1/4 mile away. We were 10 minutes late to the restaurant. Even so our table was waiting. We told her we going to the play when we ordered so she kept us away from the chicken dish my husband wanted because it took 20 minutes to cook. We re adjusted, he had the pork tenderloin and I had the special of short ribs. Food came out quickly and it was amazing. Such flavor mixture, tender. I only ate half of mine and took the rest in a box, stuffed in my purse, to the play and then home! I can't wait to eat the left overs. We want to go back and try the fish tacos and really just about everything else on the menu. We eat out a lot and therefor appreciate food that is original and obviously made with love. That's what you will get a Max's. It's a must if you are anywhere close to Issaquah!

8  Thank luvspain57

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I visited Bothell for business and a colleague recommended this jem. We started with a Portuguese sausage, cheese, & pesto on French bread which was awesome. I had the African Portuguese Chicken which was seasoned to perfection. Another colleague had the lamb shank which was fall of the bone tender. Its a small restaurant cozy restaurant that seems to only be well known by the locals of Issaquah. Next time I'm in town I am definitely coming back!!

16  Thank Dutch_Tiger
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My wife and I have lived in Issaquah for many years and had never run across this place until recently. A yelp search showed us this place that we never knew existed. What a tremendous find. Small place with a focused menu, but some of the best food I have ever had. I travel full time for business and the food here is some of the best I have ever had. The chef keeps the menu to a reasonable number of dishes, but all are outstanding.

19  Thank kaliWashington
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I've lived in this town for 20 years and have tried every restaurant that's ever opened up here. So how the heck did I miss this one, Max's World Cafe, which has been around for several years? A long time friend suggested it, we made reservations for 5:15 on a Thursday night, and WOW, we got to sit at the chef's table located IN the kitchen!!

Three of us ordered the lamb shank, which by the way has to be ordered in advanced since they have to be slow cooked for several hours. The shanks were fabulous!!! Better even then my previous fav shanks at Seatte's Ikon Grill. The fourth in our party ordered the chicken and my taste indicated that it too was a worthy choice.

The service was great and handcrafted my none other than chef Edna herself. I would definetly recommend Max's World Cafe for anyone in the Puget Sound area.
I will definetly be go again soon!!!

24  Thank Rainiervolunteers
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Well, I wrote a very long, gushing, and elaborate review of Max's World Cafe which got deleted by TA during maintenance, so I will have to make it short and sweet this time. Everything is wonderful here from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. Don't miss the Lamb Shank, and if you go for brunch the Chipotle Biscuits and Gravy is a must. "Gravy" is a misnomer for the amazing sauce that accompanies the handmade sausage in this dish - it is definitely not your standard greasy, gooey, glop that usually drowns the biscuits, but rather more like a light and flavorful marinara that complements the food. Chef Edna is a delightful host and will make you feel right at home. All food is prepared to order and tweaked to your preference. If you like it hot, ask for the serrano chiles which meld wonderfully into the flavorful foods. This is satisfying comfort food at its very best. On our first visit we had our kids (2 and 5), and Edna was very welcoming and accommodating to their preferences and even made them special cookies for dessert, but on our subsequent visits we have left them at home so we can thoroughly enjoy every single bite. I know this sounds corny, but the food is so magnificent it leaves a memory imprint in your mouth enabling your brain and taste buds to recall the amazing flavors. This is a very small storefront restaurant (15 seats plus a chef's table in the kitchen), so at busy times be prepared and don't miss out on the opportunity to share your table with other diners for a community experience.

23  Thank ShgrMgnola