“No clock! No hair dryer!”

Motel 6 Seattle East - Issaquah
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Issaquah
Reviewed 25 October 2013

While the room was clean and the desk clerk friendly , I was outraged to discover that "no, there aren't any clocks in the rooms." Come on! Hair dryers can be obtained at the desk. How convenient. Sheets were so small and thin that they came off the bed by the middle of the night,

This might have been a $30 hotel in the middle of N. Dakota, but is simply not acceptable at $75 in a suburban area. It's taking affordable too far!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Susan B
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Seattle East - Issaquah, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Susan B - We apologize for the quality issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here with my 6-year old daughter because I could not book anything closer to Snoqualamie Falls where I had a family reunion. There was a Boeing sponsored Golf tournament which flooded all the good hotels, so I chose this motel.
It was normal Motel-6 quality: clean sheets, decent staff, no-frills room, a few scuzzy looking (an smelling) characters wandering outside but nothing life threatening, Noisy neighbors up until 1AM (this was specific to our stay, not Motel-6's in general).
The good things were the IHOP next door, which had decent breakfasts and at night had free kids dinners after 7PM (I think).
The pool was warm and clean (I could smell the chlorine a little so knew cleanliness was not an issue for my daughter.. she enjoyed the pool)
I am generally not on so tight a budget as to stay at Motel-6's because I usually find great hotels in Seattle area for less than my $140 per night limit.... but this was a satisfactory stay.
I would stay here again if I was travelling alone and on a tighter budget.

Room Tip: Second floor is feels safer, but no elevator so it is a climb.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed here while visiting Seattle. The drive in to Seattle (~15 miles) wasn't that bad at all. The motel was packed with workers who must stay through the week but they were all nice and respectful. The room was small but your typical motel 6 room. Right by the highway but didn't hear a sound. Requested a first floor room but got a second which was slightly annoying. Did laundry- machines work well. Front desk staff was great. Would stay here again and glad I chose here this time since the rest of the Seattle Motel 6 reviews were a little all over the place.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I had to stay a week for work in Seattle and wanted a low cost no frills place to stay on the Eastside. After comparing the hotels in the area, I chose Motel 6 in Issaquah as they had the best rate. The first thing I liked about the place when I arrived was it was next to the freeway and only a few minutes to Seattle. Driving back after 5pm is easy as it is about the only route that isn't jammed with traffic.
I booked online and had no problem checking in. The staff was very friendly and courteous.
The room was very clean although it wasn’t very big. It is just a bedroom with a bathroom. For the price I paid, it was just fine. The bed was comfortable and I slept very well each night. I never heard any noises from the other rooms nor the freeway. The bathroom was clean and I liked the shower stall they had. There was no bathtub but I didn’t care for one.
Each day I came to the room after work the room had been cleaned and new towels placed. All you get is a bar of soap but that was all I needed as I bring my own shampoo.
I wasn’t sure about the air conditioner as it had few controls. It was hot that week and the room stayed a comfortable temperature so it was just fine.
They don’t offer a breakfast but they do have coffee starting at 6am. For the price, I didn’t expect even coffee.
I do wish there was a refrigerator, as I like to have a few items stay cool. I managed without it but it would have been nice to have had one. They did have 2 ice machines but one was out of order all week. It wasn’t a big deal as the other machine worked well and there was never a wait. They do have 2 vending machines for snacks and there is a AM-PM mini mart about 200 feet from the lobby. There also is an IHOP next to the motel and you get 10% off with your booking and plenty of restaurants across the freeway.
I have stayed in rooms that were twice as much and I felt this room was just as good except for the frills and extras. I got a good clean room and a good nights sleep and that is what I came there for.
So if you are not into the frills and extras but want a good value room for the night I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: there are 2 floors and a pool in back so if you don't like stairs or noise pick a room on the bo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Raven479
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It was a good location for us and easy highway access. Last year we stayed on the bottom floor and it was noisy so requested 2nd floor this time and never heard anything. Service was very friendly. Also had a pool.

Room Tip: upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2fromthewack
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Came to this Motel 6 after a horrible night at Motel 6 Sea Tac South.
Completely different experience. The staff was friendly, the Internet and Phone worked, the rooms were clean, the "safety" of the location was way great.

Room Tip: The girl at the front said the upper rooms had better Internet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to travelers looking for a clean room in a safe and convenient location. It's a Motel 6 so if you're looking for a bunch of extras like shampoo, blow dryers, continental breakfast best to stay elsewhere and pay A LOT more. We stayed in rooms 105 & 120. We asked to move to a room with 2 beds after a couple nights & the staff happily accommodated us. We stayed 5 nights and enjoyed a few days of sunshine by the pool. I'd definitely stay here again. There's an IHop next door. They offered a 10% discount if you showed them your hotel receipt

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issaquah
Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah
#19 of 29 in Bellevue
SpringHill Suites Seattle Issaquah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle-Issaquah
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Issaquah

Been to Motel 6 Seattle East - Issaquah? Share your experiences!