“Don't honor reservations”

Motel 6 Seattle East - Issaquah
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Issaquah
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have stayed here before and yes,it is a motel 6 and I don't expect frills and I pick them because I travel with a dog. I feel safe here, the room was basic and clean. The air conditioner never got my room cooler than 80 degrees. My nephew used the pool. Here is my complaint, I made my reservations by phone directly to the motel to get a ground floor room, because I have a large dog. My adult nephew booked right after me for the same type of room and near mine. When we arrived we were told that there weren't any ground floor rooms left. We were told that a reservation only guarantees a bed the rest is only a preference and it was to bad. Both our rooms were on the second floor at opposites ends and sides of the buildings. They even admitted to changing my nephews reservations to a single bed room when they needed two beds. We both filled out a survey of our stay and received a email from the manager that offered a certificate to make it right. My nephew received one, I did not. I now will hesitate whenever I make reservations at a motel, especially this chain. ( I am only glad this second floor ordeal never happened when I traveled with my elderly Mother and she could not have made it up the stairs)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Helen223
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Seattle East - Issaquah

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was visiting Seattle for a couple of days, but didn't want to stay in downtown Seattle. Issaquah made it about 20-25 minutes to get downtown, which I was more than fine with!
The room was clean, but very basic. The wifi worked, but was fairly slow. I have stayed in a few Motel 6's over the years, and this was showed a little more wear than some, but if you want a reasonably priced room(especially compared with downtown Seattle), this will do the trick!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This place is just beyond horrible. Opening the door smells like a dog just pooped in there. No hair dryer, no alarm clock, no tissues. Waking up or I should say in the morning I was COVERED in bites.. bed bugs.. then we were charged "more" after they seen our AARP card. Just disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank rchevelle
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is a Motel 6, not a Ritz Carlton in Manhattan. We checked in late. The staff was friendly and professional. Directed us to an open grocery store which was key after a long day of travel. The property was well lit and clean. The room was clean, the carpet fresh. Wifi worked well. IHOP next door was great in the morning while my husband slept and I did a little business. (IHOP has free wifi).

If I find myself in Issaquah, WA again this is the hotel I will stay at. You can't beat the price and the property has everything a person could need for a night or two. They even have a pool.

The rate was less than half of what the other two hotels in that area are charging so any complainers should open your wallets a little wider and stay at one of those however I am guessing if you did you would come on this site and complain about the price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Today's young people may not be aware of the history of Motel 6. At one time, it was one of the leaders among motels. Then came the chain hotels with more features and more comfort at slightly higher prices. This wave was followed by the luxury hotels - premium pricing, premium features. In the process, Motel 6 faced considerable difficulties. It was acquired by a British company in a process of unrelated diversification. The acquisition was a failure and the acquiring company jettisoned Motel 6 after 3 years and after suffering a huge loss.

Cut to 2014. What has changed? Not much I am afraid. Yes, as some of the reviewers have pointed out, it has "aged gracefully". However, it is out-of-sync with the times. You pick any great hotel in the downtown area of any great city. You will find restaurants and other facilities nearby. Do you stay in a hotel with the intent to go out for breakfast? The basic notion behind the motel (now also called the budget hotel concept) is bed and breakfast. Providing coffee in the lounge is no big deal. Even a minimalist breakfast would do a lot of good to the concept. The property has been maintained reasonably well. Again, the absence of any personal care items (even at a cost) is a gap that needs to be filled. The staff are courteous and must be complimented on carrying on despite intense competition from nearby properties. The complete story of Motel 6 would make a fascinating case study. This is only a review.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KRISHNAMURTHY V
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was looking for a clean and comfortable place for us to sleep on a family vacation, and I wanted a location that was outside of the central congestion of Seattle. The facility is older and the furnishings basic, but the rooms were clean and the staff was hospitable and welcoming. Free coffee in the morning in the front office, and one free WiFi connection in the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Nice little motel! Dated and aged gracefully. Clean enough and there is nothing close to it in terms of price. Good supermarket and other stores are a close walk. Management are actively on site and engaged. Renovation coming in 6-8 months. Fantastic pool! Well maintained and well chlorinated pool is in the sun all day and is second to none!!! Thank you for maintaining this pool so well! Please keep doing that!!

I live west of Seattle and stay here often as a "base camp" for outdoor excursions. It's tucked away in an urban environment. Not a particularly quiet location, nor could it be. The site is IMO pretty secure, there is no thru traffic. A little tricky to find the driveway, but just turn in there anywhere and you'll find it.

It's very basic, but very dependable. It's a good location, there is quick road access. There will be road noise from 5am to 11pm but that's no factor when your a/c is on. I think it's pretty clean, and I have a high standard. The employees are engaged and the manager is openly accessible. It works.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank B K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Issaquah
Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah
#26 of 29 in Bellevue
Salish Lodge & Spa
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie

Been to Motel 6 Seattle East - Issaquah? Share your experiences!